Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Loowatts were also sold out! That was rather inconvenient as there wasn't other toilets in the camp. Sure I could pay per use, but €2 To take a piss is just taking the piss!! (I'LL GET MY COAT)
    kg703 wrote: »
    First time in Eco moving from Pink Moon and I’d never move back. We pre paid for toilets but our friends were not so lucky. Not sure why the toilets ‘sold out’.... was a bit strange.

I believe the issue was that they sold out of wristbands early because of people paying on the day to get them, hence the "€2 a go" later.
    They got more wristbands delivered at some point, as we bought them late on Friday night (after being told earlier in the day that it was pay-as-you-go).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

My view on the whole camping/glamping thing. I've done Pink Moon the last 3 years now and have gone with the most basic 2 man tent each time and it is exactly what I want, I think it has cost €90/€100 each on top of the loyalty ticket for €160 which works out as €250/€260 for the weekend which is well worth it IMO. If it was to get more expensive than this each year maybe then I would consider eco as a second choice because I would not fancy shelling out anything extra on pink moon or a pod pad etc. Only negatives with eco from what I can see is the long walk from the arena and I would be worried about a) not getting a spot and b) not signing up in time, although this year it seemed as if registration was open for a long time.

The reason I (and I presume many others) do it is just for the peace and quiet at night time. The cleanliness of the toilets and how near it is to the arena are nice pluses as well and justify the €100 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

My view on the whole camping/glamping thing. I've done Pink Moon the last 3 years now and have gone with the most basic 2 man tent each time and it is exactly what I want, I think it has cost €90/€100 each on top of the loyalty ticket for €160 which works out as €250/€260 for the weekend which is well worth it IMO. If it was to get more expensive than this each year maybe then I would consider eco as a second choice because I would not fancy shelling out anything extra on pink moon or a pod pad etc. Only negatives with eco from what I can see is the long walk from the arena and I would be worried about a) not getting a spot and b) not signing up in time, although this year it seemed as if registration was open for a long time.

The reason I (and I presume many others) do it is just for the peace and quiet at night time. The cleanliness of the toilets and how near it is to the arena are nice pluses as well and justify the €100 for me.

I get the ticket for 160e, and pay 215e for a two man for myself. No snoring, plenty of room, easy access to the toilets, showers, main arena. Worth it for me.

I would try Eco if my friends might give it a go, but we are all settled with PM anyway for now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭Alkers

You would be better off with a 4,000 caravan, you will get a good specced 2004 caravan in good condition for that. Yeah I am a big fan of caravans.

Yeah that's all very valid, I'm a fan of caravans too, we have a folding one to tow behind our camper and get in on the one ticket! Caravan has a whole other layer of hassle with storage unless you have space.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Fatfrog wrote: »
    My only issue was lack of space at 12-1 ish. Found a spot that left tent sticking out 6" from a post, had to move :confused: not what anyone wants at that point on a Friday, but got sorted.

Loowatts were also sold out! That was rather inconvenient as there wasn't other toilets in the camp. Sure I could pay per use, but €2 To take a piss is just taking the piss!! (I'LL GET MY COAT)

It was secure I liked that, it created a safe zone away from the madness, quite comforting, ECO really filtered the crowd, a 'soundness' factor that reminded me of the first EP's. I'd be fairly sure I could have left my beer and chair out with a tenner sitting on top, it would have been there when I came back!

My girlfriend bought a band ahead of time and thought it was a ripoff for what she got, she used it a few times and didn't make use of the beauty area. I had one nice 2 quid poo and used the arena jacks the rest of the weekend. For a girl who'll make proper use of the facilities it's probably worth it but no point if you're a bloke, the woods were plenty close.

Edit: also, I asked how much it was to buy a wristband on the Sat morning and was told 20 quid, so the loowatts defo weren't 'sold out'.

Edit 2: I'm a regular Eco-er at EP and B&S and would have a hard time moving elsewhere. Pink moon etc are just too expensive. I'd live the camper site and would gladly get a van but I'd miss out on the campsite craic with mates who'd be too settled to move at this point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Went to last few EP but all last minute plans so didn't get tickets through TM. Would a picture of the bands suffice for Early Bird tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Went to last few EP but all last minute plans so didn't get tickets through TM. Would a picture of the bands suffice for Early Bird tickets?

yep,

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭dendof

Have people has any correspondence on codes yet?

I have pictures of me at 4 EP's so can send them in but not sure what the process is- any help would be greatly appreciated
    I don't think the loyalty codes have been sent out from TM yet. People still waiting, but these are people that have purchased previously from their account so TM have a record of their attendance.
    There doesn't seem to be any information for anyone else who has been to EP numerous times (but not purchased through TM) and have proof. I would imagine if you went to a TM outlet with your proof you probably would get a loyalty ticket (but no installment plan). I would think there is no chance of having a loyalty code by tomorrow for purchasing online (for people trying to prove attendance, I would say anyone with TM purchase history should be OK)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Yeah that's all very valid, I'm a fan of caravans too, we have a folding one to tow behind our camper and get in on the one ticket! Caravan has a whole other layer of hassle with storage unless you have space.

I do have access to a large dry shed, which is a great help. The same issue exists for campervans though. Dry winter storage is important for both in terms of keeping them in good condition. Personally, I would not buy a caravan or a campervan that hadn't been dry winter stored.

Would love one of those folding caravans. Am a bit jealous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

dendof wrote: »
    I don't think the loyalty codes have been sent out from TM yet. People still waiting, but these are people that have purchased previously from their account so TM have a record of their attendance.
    There doesn't seem to be any information for anyone else who has been to EP numerous times (but not purchased through TM) and have proof. I would imagine if you went to a TM outlet with your proof you probably would get a loyalty ticket (but no installment plan). I would think there is no chance of having a loyalty code by tomorrow for purchasing online (for people trying to prove attendance, I would say anyone with TM purchase history should be OK)

Thanks for that- clears everything up for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Bruce2008

Was on to ticketmaster. Loyalty codes being emailed after 6pm today!

Does anyone know can you book electric picnic weekend tickets and camper van access ticket at the same time on the ticketmaster site or do you do one transaction then go back and do the other?

Want both but not sure what to go for first if separate bookings. Help !:'(

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭sadie9

Anyone know is the Instalment Plan generally the same price or dearer than the regular ticket? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

sadie9 wrote: »
    Anyone know is the Instalment Plan generally the same price or dearer than the regular ticket? Thanks.

Pretty much same price from memory

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Peterd66

I have pictures of me at 4 EP's so can send them in but not sure what the process is- any help would be greatly appreciated

Have people has any correspondence on codes yet?

TM replied to question I sent say they would be send loyalty codes out after 18:00 today. That is usually subject to having purchased online through your TM account and having subsrcibed to TM updates.

Bruce2008 wrote: »

Does anyone know can you book electric picnic weekend tickets and camper van access ticket at the same time on the ticketmaster site or do you do one transaction then go back and do the other?

They are separate bookings ... get the campervan first or use 2 browsers

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭johnjohn3423

For next year I hope to go in the family camping area. I should get a loyalty code due to getting standard 3 day camping tickets, so how to I go about getting a family ticket. Do I purchase ordinary tickets first with the loyalty code and then get family ones after that. Just want to know what to do before tomorrow.

For next year I hope to go in the family camping area. I should get a loyalty code due to getting standard 3 day camping tickets, so how to I go about getting a family ticket. Do I purchase ordinary tickets first with the loyalty code and then get family ones after that. Just want to know what to do before tomorrow.

It’ll just be listed as a family camping ticket option. 2 options, instalment plan or pay up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭johnjohn3423

BaZmO* wrote: »
    It’ll just be listed as a family camping ticket option. 2 options, instalment plan or pay up front.

From reading up if you don't have kids with you, one cant camp in the family campsite which is the way it should but if I decide to not bring the kids and have a family camping ticket I presume you camp in the ordinary camping areas then rather than be denied entry altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭Stillill42

From reading up if you don't have kids with you, one cant camp in the family campsite which is the way it should but if I decide to not bring the kids and have a family camping ticket I presume you camp in the ordinary camping areas then rather than be denied entry altogether.

Correct.

Yeah you have to bring kids, and you have to register them before you go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭nc6000

Peterd66 wrote:
    TM replied to question I sent say they would be send loyalty codes out after 18:00 today. That is usually subject to having purchased online through your TM account and having subsrcibed to TM updates.

Any idea exactly what needs to be checked in TM alerts?

I've just checked the box beside 'Email updates such as, presales, offers and news' which wasn't selected before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Hey all - I've never been to EP, but would like to go maybe next year and bring my two kids (both under 12) but only for a single day. My understanding is that if I have a full price single day adult ticket, I can bring them along for free, is that correct?

Hey all - I've never been to EP, but would like to go maybe next year and bring my two kids (both under 12) but only for a single day. My understanding is that if I have a full price single day adult ticket, I can bring them along for free, is that correct?

Correct. But Sunday is the only day that day tickets are issued for. This happens in about May 2019 IIRC, definitely not tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,887 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Correct. But Sunday is the only day that day tickets are issued for. This happens in about May 2019 IIRC, definitely not tomorrow.

Pretty sure Sunday tickets are released around the time of the announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Bruce2008

Thanks will try that.
    Any idea how quick the electric picnic admission tickets will sell out in the morning. Are we talking minutes?
    Got mine quick enough last year but never checked back to see when they sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭sadie9

Think there is a 2nd round of tickets... found this report from March this year. More camping tickets went on sale March 10 and then the line was announced a week or so later, then the tickets sold out very quickly.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/electric-picnic-massive-attack-kendrick-12158933

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Yeah checked my ticketmaster account. I have two purchases on the ticketmaster account I use. I must have two others on my girlfriends account or from toutless. I would appreciate a code if going spare for the morning please. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Burkie94

Hey all, I've been four times now but only one of those purchases is on my ticketmaster, rest have been toutless and gifts. If anyone's not planning on using their code I'd be very grateful for it. Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

sadie9 wrote: »
    Think there is a 2nd round of tickets... found this report from March this year. More camping tickets went on sale March 10 and then the line was announced a week or so later, then the tickets sold out very quickly.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/electric-picnic-massive-attack-kendrick-12158933

I've NEVER bought tickets the year before the festival. THey release more in March once the lineup goes out, then again in July. Then random bursts again. There were people buying off TM in the days leading up tot he festival, if you don't get them in this batch you literally have zero cause for concern.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Hi All,

Having had the best EP yet - my third year going - I'm definitely going back and therefore will be buying my 2019 tickets asap.

My query is "how" do you prove that you've been there for 3 years. The first 2 years an old friend now gone away, bought the tickets in her name from Ticketmaster at the end of last year I went to Ticketmaster Booth in Cork City to buy the tickets.

I have my wrist band from last weekend - but don't have wrist bands for 2016 and 2017 only the Lanyards with Programmes.

So "how" can I show that I am a loyal customer going for my 4th Festival?

I am clueless - was trying to figure it out on Ticketmaster site earlier and it said you had to be signed up for offers but every time I typed in my postal card it rejected me - I was on a UK site and couldn't get into an Irish one for this.

HELP would be much appreciated by those that know "all". Thanks, JUDES X

Advertisement