Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Creative Writing, story writing

• 06-08-2018 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi!
    I'm new to this whole Boards thing but I'll give it my best shot. Me and my friend are writing a book about dragons. The basic plot line is that there is this whole Kingdom of dragons and they have religions and courts. Stuff that you would see in an old age fantasy novel but with dragons. There is this sickness and our main characters have to save the Kingdom. This is the first full fledged novel both of us have every tried to write. We both have high hopes of it one day getting published but I know thats probably wishful thinking. I love writing and would one day love to be a writer. It would be the perfect job for me. Granted I have no idea if I'm good or not at writing so maybe I wouldn't be a good writer. But dreams aren't made to be realistic until you make them so so whatever. Would anyone be interested in hearing a few extracts and giving me your opinion because if so that would be great. I'm not pressuring anyone. In fact no one is probably going to read this but if you do than, cool!
    Bye for now whoever is out there!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Livvie

I think you can just post some extracts on here, Siona - or would you prefer not to do that?  I can already visualise it as animation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭km85264

Sounds like you have some great ideas, Siona, you and your friend should get them down on paper. Writing is a wonderful passion to have and will repay you in full, though following it through to commercial success is something that escapes many of us.
    Try posing here, or you could try a site like scribophile.com, they seem to have a fair amount of fantasy writers on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Regie93

It could be helpful to post a chapter or two on a forum or on a scribophile, as km85264 already said. It's hard to work without any feedback. Also you readers could share their opinions with you.
    Keep on, Siona. I hope you'll finish you book and publish it one day!

Advertisement