Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

IndyCar 2018

Options
  • 11-03-2018 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭

Wickens on pole! Race starts in about 15 minutes; BT ESPN is already live with pre-race news and coverage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,024 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Might watch the start at least
    Open cockpit is nice to watch ;)

Frustrating amount of full course yellows but a fair amount of action too

Missed the start, cars look a ridiculous handful, especially on colder tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

They've less downforce this year. Nice to see that they're burning up both primary black and alternative red tyres.

Fair play to Wickens with the pole and leading for a good bit of this race. Good to see Boudais back at the wheel and up front, but Wickens I have for this win. Let's see how this pans out...

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

****in Chilton. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

****ing Rossi

Holy ****!
    Rossi won't be popular tonight!

That was a dick move by Rossi.

That sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Peeved that it was put down to a racing incident.

Added complication that Indycar messed up on the final restart with the lights left turned on on the safety car.

Robert Wickens would have been a deserving winner - Rossi made a mistake that cost Wickens and himself the victory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Yea, I'm pissed Rossi didn't get dinged for avoidable contact after that. Wickens left enough room on the inside as if he'd closed the door any more then he would've been done for blocking himself; and the way they were going into T1, he'd have kept the lead going through T2.

Wickens was stellar today, and very humble in defeat... but Rossi's not doing himself any favours saying stuff like this: https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news/unrepentant-rossi-blames-wickens-for-controversial-st-pete-clash-1013753/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

pretty average race last night except for the last 10 laps, short speedways are never really that great
    Rossi was incredible though after his early incident.

so happy NBCSN showed it as there wasn't a single ad break on ESPN player

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

pretty average race last night except for the last 10 laps, short speedways are never really that great
    Rossi was incredible though after his early incident.

so happy NBCSN showed it as there wasn't a single ad break on ESPN player

Robert Wickens is certainly making an impact - surprise of the season so far for me

Infoanon wrote: »
    Robert Wickens is certainly making an impact - surprise of the season so far for me

agreed, he should be champ leader at this stage. no luck involved either with yellows/pits hes racing up front.

Long Beach - Drivers start your engines.

NASCAR is a bit of a washout, but this is better racing and should be a good show.

Sky go and Eir both letting me down. All the money I'm paying and I have to source a dodgy stream :rolleyes:

Hoping for another good race to finish the weekend :)

It's great that less downforce is causing more track action this year.

What did I miss that ruined Wickens' race?

Dunno, missed what happened myself.

Wow, Seb Bourdais passed 3 cars threading a needle. I know they were back markers, but wow.

• Advertisement

Rookie mistake, yes, a rookie made a mistake. Jordan King going to got into the back of Bourdais. That's ruined Bourdais' race.

Anywhere here showing qualifying by any chance?

Parade laps underway.

Wet wet wet. Don't think we'll get to see much racing today. Coverage until 11pm on Eir so maybe get to that hour mark to call the race result.

Race was rained off. Will commence at 11:30ET today, Monday, which is 4.30pm Irish Summer Time.

I'm wondering if BT ESPN will show it.

astrofluff wrote: »
    I'm wondering if BT ESPN will show it.

A producer has confirmed on Twitter that the scheduling peeps will be looking at it first thing in the morning.
    That said, it seems a relatively simple shuffle around: they already had a race replay in from 1.30-4; so if they push that back to 4.30, move the baseball game up to 1.30, and the baseball news show to after the race it should all be peachy.

Just an FYI. ESPN player is 50 euro for the IndyCar season. Coverage is great for NBCSN races, not so for ABC but they’ll be gone next year.
    I cant get BT on UPC so this has to do me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,266 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

DcIqcFuWAAAOeSc.jpg

...good god. Stunner.

Only thing I would change is to have the rear wheels more open and visible

• Advertisement

Indy 500 bump day qualifying is go!

But not for us because it's only on WatchESPN in the states. We get nothing until 9pm on BT2.

Advertisement