Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Motogp 2018 News & Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Infoanon wrote: »
    Lorenzo was on $12m apparently - Dovi was far from happy with the first financial offer from Ducati - as Ducatis championship challenger Dovi knew he could demand a lot more than the rumoured $1.5m he was on.

12m nice for lorenzo but not for ducati:(

just watched dovi's interview with suzi

he is a strange character but i like him. it was interesting to hear him talk about lorenzo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Rumour mill in full flow now - Iannone exit strategy from Suzuki is going to surprise apparently, Joan Mir is a possibility for Suzuki and according to DucatI Jack Miller will be on a pramac gp19 next year

Meantime at MarcVds - team managers contract has been terminated ....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,450 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Championship is as good as over already.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Over a hundred crashes during the weekend :eek:

• Advertisement

The stewards decision on the Moto 3 race has me baffled - nearly as baffled as how Kornfeld stayed on the bike after his jump and gravel landing !

The Nal wrote: »
    Championship is as good as over already.

I wouldnt say that yet. marc has a good lead but its only the 4th round. the way he rides he could bin it at any track. if he wins next 2 or 3 then its over.
    Over a hundred crashes during the weekend :eek:

some seriously big ones as well. cals crashed looked horrible
    The stewards decision on the Moto 3 race has me baffled - nearly as baffled as how Kornfeld stayed on the bike after his jump and gravel landing !

there decision was a disgrace. there was no way he gained 3 seconds from going off the track which wasnt his fault. i have watched the kornfeld thing a load of times and still cant believe it. if i didnt see it live i would struggle to believe it :eek:

Latest silly season news - Mirs Honda option has lapsed with Suzuki now favourites to hire him to run alongside Rins ,this should secure Danis place at Honda,DucatI have said that they also have been in discussions with Mir but cannot offer a factory team ride - Suzuki can - while DucatI have also said that a decision on Lorenzo will be made after Mugello - the team apparently agreed a 3 European races reprieve for Jorge but it's not looking good for Jorge with comments along the lines that there's no point continuing if it's not working and the situation is worse then last year.

Could Lorenzo be without a ride in 2019?? Unlikely but his options are reducing fast......

Latest silly season news - Mirs Honda option has lapsed with Suzuki now favourites to hire him to run alongside Rins ,this should secure Danis place at Honda,DucatI have said that they also have been in discussions with Mir but cannot offer a factory team ride - Suzuki can - while DucatI have also said that a decision on Lorenzo will be made after Mugello - the team apparently agreed a 3 European races reprieve for Jorge but it's not looking good for Jorge with comments along the lines that there's no point continuing if it's not working and the situation is worse then last year.

Could Lorenzo be without a ride in 2019?? Unlikely but his options are reducing fast......

i seen a few reports that ducati were in talks with danillo for the factory seat. honestly i really hope he gets it i think he has alot of potential and is already use to riding a ducati.

jorge with no ride would be insane going from been so successful on the yamaha to failing on a ducati to possibly no ride is such a crazy turn of events. do you think he maybe regrets leaving yamaha?

Mir to suzuki that would be a big risk for them with 2 young riders i find it hard to see that when they could have a option on dani or jorge :confused:

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    i seen a few reports that ducati were in talks with danillo for the factory seat. honestly i really hope he gets it i think he has alot of potential and is already use to riding a ducati.

jorge with no ride would be insane going from been so successful on the yamaha to failing on a ducati to possibly no ride is such a crazy turn of events. do you think he maybe regrets leaving yamaha?

Mir to suzuki that would be a big risk for them with 2 young riders i find it hard to see that when they could have a option on dani or jorge :confused:

Danilo has an option with Ducati (as has Jack btw but all parties seem more than happy to stay at Pramac where Jack will have a GP19) which runs out at the end of June iirc

Mir to Suzuki - cheaper than Lorenzo and after the Zarco mess they probably don't want to miss out again.

If Mir is picked,Iannone goes to Aprilla and Petrucci goes to Ducati wheres left for Jorge ? as any Ducati ride is effectively ruled out that leaves - Tech3 KTM,MarcVDS Yamaha (Marquez and Morbidelli is apparently a done deal) and that's it unless Honda stun everybody !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Who would actually want Lorenzo. He's not a team player. Let's not forget he ran to race direction to give out about his team mate Rossi in a situation which he wasn't involved in. Then last year blocked Dovi from passing and potentially winning the championship.

pablo128 wrote: »
    Who would actually want Lorenzo. He's not a team player. Let's not forget he ran to race direction to give out about his team mate Rossi in a situation which he wasn't involved in. Then last year blocked Dovi from passing and potentially winning the championship.

Dorna - a MarcVds Yamaha ride is being lined up.....

Jonathan Rea to Moto GP in 2019 ? Apparently there is an offer on the table for a factory bike....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Jonathan Rea to Moto GP in 2019 ? Apparently there is an offer on the table for a factory bike....

Back to Honda maybe?

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭legrand

^^^
    That would be great to see.  Superb rider but that kwaker is very much part of his success, he struggled for years on  poor Honda - right bike though could see results (to state the bleedin' obviouse!)

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭legrand

^^^
    That would be great to see.  Superb rider but that kwaker is very much part of his success, he struggled for years on  poor Honda - right bike though could see results (to state the bleedin' obviouse!)

The Honda seems to be a very hard bike to master though. It may not be a very successful change.

lets just say rea goes to honda.

mir goes to suzuki

danillo to ducati

it leaves a lower chance of dani staying in the motogp paddock?

lets just say rea goes to honda.

mir goes to suzuki

danillo to ducati

it leaves a lower chance of dani staying in the motogp paddock?

Dani staying at Honda is paddock wisdom

• Registered Users Posts: 11,267 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Iannone out of Suzuki at the end of the year.

• Advertisement

Gintonious wrote: »
    Iannone out of Suzuki at the end of the year.

any word of who will replace him or where he is going

any word of who will replace him or where he is going

Paddock wisdom is Aprilla or DucatI ,Joan Mir likely to replace him at Suzuki.

Mugello is Lorenzo last chance to gain an unlikely third season at Ducati - announcements are expected to follow shortly

Paddock wisdom is Aprilla or DucatI ,Joan Mir likely to replace him at Suzuki.

Mugello is Lorenzo last chance to gain an unlikely third season at Ducati - announcements are expected to follow shortly

a factory Ducati or a satellite?

a factory Ducati or a satellite?

Pramac possibly - that would mean Petrucci going to Aprilla

As expected the rumours /news is coming thick and fast at Mugello

Lorenzo will be making an announcement at the Barcelona GP but will definitely be in moto gp for the next 2 years on "a good bike"

That bike will be a factory Yamaha at MarcVds (or as is rumoured it's replacement the Malaysian circuit owners team SIC)

Joan Mir has not signed for Suzuki yet - but is working hard to complete the deal

Fantastic weekend of racing - Moto 3 race was a 3 way battle between the title contenders,Moto 2 was possibly the best Moto 2 race ever ! What a last few laps again between the title contenders while Moto GP - Rossi on pole made the atmosphere for the weekend and although there was a clear winner the battle for second was superb.

Away from the track - rumours in Spain that Honda want to buy out Millers contact and replace Dani while the Lorenzo / Yamaha deal is all but done

• Registered Users Posts: 11,267 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

And now Pedrosa is out of Honda!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,450 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Gintonious wrote: »
    And now Pedrosa is out of Honda!

Yep - Frostie has predicted this month's ago - but who to replace him ?
    Unless Iannone really is going to shock us the options seem limited with suddenly Lorenzo being mentioned at Honda,"never say never" Ducati and "deal is done" Yamaha !,
    Jack Miller had stated that he knows nothing about the Honda rumours and he (and his father) seem very happy to stay at Ducati .

Cal ?

• Advertisement

Yep - Frostie has predicted this month's ago - but who to replace him ?
    Unless Iannone really is going to shock us the options seem limited with suddenly Lorenzo being mentioned at Honda,"never say never" Ducati and "deal is done" Yamaha !,
    Jack Miller had stated that he knows nothing about the Honda rumours and he (and his father) seem very happy to stay at Ducati .

Cal ?

My guess..... a long shot I know.
    Lorenzo to Honda
    Pedrosa to satellite Yamaha
    Iannone to Aprilia
    Petrucci to Ducati
    Miller stays with Pramac
    Mir to Suzuki

Advertisement