Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Move.......

• 23-11-2016 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭

Okay so going to throw up one of these scenarios that I used to read on here before for us to have a little fun with

So I'm parked in the underground car park in a major shopping centre on the outskirts of Limerick, I know the area well, Have half a tank of petrol left , I live in the rural side of limerick, I have no previous knowledge of any outbreak I've been in the shopping centre with my wife. I've agreed to take the shopping down to the car and wait for her to follow me down. I'm now sitting in the car 10-15 mins (normal) when suddenly I see people begin to run to there cars and take off tyres screeching , I think nothing of it possibly put it down to people messing(boy racers etc)

I call my wife just to be safe, no answer (Also normal) I begin to get a little worried though as more people pour into the car park running back to there cars, I've the radio on but only the CD player as the actual tuner doesn't work, I then spot my first attack a woman running to her car gets knocked over and 3 people begin ripping into her , I immedietely get on the phone to my other half again there is no answer . I go to open the door.........whats my next move

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭frash

Watch the woman who was attacked & count the seconds until she turns.
    Assuming you love your wife, go to the boot of the car and arm yourself with whatever might be in there (e.g. tyre nut remover)

Head for the stair well to investigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

And yer dead. Trying to enter through the stairwell is a bad idea, you are in a confined area heading towards the danger.

You probably have no reception in the carpark, you alreay pointed out that the radio dosent work.

1 send text msg to wife informin her to meet you at surface level
    2 get the F out of the carpark
    3 once outside your message will send
    4 position car strategically
    5 now arm yourself and hop on the roof
    6 try calling missus again

Now comes the first of Many difficult choices, how long do you wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

Yup, get out of the car park. Its a killing ground, and you will be no good to anyone if you get infected in initial outbreak. This is the most dangerous time.

Get outside the entrance and position the car with good escape route. I would stay inside with doors locked. A car is quite difficult (for a Z) to get in to. Wait for you wife and give her directions. See what way everyone is going and plan going a different direction.

How long to wait? Leave when there are more Zs than humans coming out the door....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Well, it's unlikely a disease like this would spontaneously appear in a Limerick shopping centre.

If you can't get her on the phone, is she a facebook junkie? Post something there. I assume we're sticking with the movie trope that as well as spontaneous disease forming in unlikely places, that a large section of the population will also somehow spontaneously turn into zombies? If that's the case then it may be a lost cause, unless we're also going with the movie trope that despite being able to spread the infection by biting, all their other bodily fluids somehow aren't also infectious, then it's a lost cause going into the shopping centre. You'll end up infected or bringing home an infected wife to infect your children.

It might be worth finding out where the CCTV security room is and seeing if she's managed to barricade herself into a shop you know she'll be in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I make the decision to try and get above ground and head to one of the surface entrances, I text my wife and message on facebook to meet me at the surface exit. I slowly make my way out of the car park in the car and as soon as i hit the surface my attention is taken by a massive cue to get out of the shopping centre as all of the people trying to escape at once has created a huge log jam

Phone goes off , my wife has texted back , she is stuck in a shop that locked down as soon as everything kicked off , she said it sounds mental outside and the people shes with are shaky aswell with one injured (possibly infected) she tried to leave but the store owner wouldn't let her open the shutters...................What now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Text you wife back. Tell her to restrain the injured person immediately, just in case they are infected. Tell her that everyone needs to be quiet so they don't attract Zs. Ask which shop she is in and to tell you where exactly. Drive to the nearest gunshop, or failing that, hardware shop. Armour up and weapon up. Return to shopping centre and get access from the roof, where you might have a better vantage point. Plan rescue, depending on circumstances. No time to seek others help, it's getting craZy out there.

@scumlord...no kids were mentioned. Conjecture

+1 to restrain the injured person. Bandage their arms by their sides, a bandage around the mouth too. What sort of shop is your wife in? Can they put a motorbike helmet on her?
    As for the traffic, is the jam inside the underground car park, or on the surface on the way to the exit of the shopping centre? If you can, drive around and find a van that you can commandeer, then go to the window of the shop your wife is in. Then reverse into window and rescue everyone.

Whatever you decide to, call one of your buddies, who has good secure home, DIY tools, and anthing else that might be handy. Tell him that the Apoc is here, get his family safe, and you will be there asap. Good to have a plan for when you get out of the shopping centre. :-)

What sort of vehicle are you driving?
    Is it suitable for use as a battering ram?

If so, go get the missus.

Otherwise

Are you familiar with the building?
    Could you navigate through the backroom corridors?

If so, Go get the missus.

Otherwise

How fit are you?
    Could you slaughter your way through a horde of the undead?
    Armed only with whats in your vehicle, ie a tyre iron?

If so, go get the missus.

Otherwise....

Stay away from any infected person. Their infectious. If the virus can spread by biting then it will quite likely spread through any kind of physical contact. Avoid any contact with their bodily fluids, including being spat at.

I think the OP has been zombified. He got bitten on the neck while reading a reply on boards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

I'll jump in from the second update...

If you haven't locked the doors of the car - do so.
    Does the tuner work now that you're out from underground or is it broken? If it works, turn it on for news updates or broadcast info.
    No point being stuck in a traffic jam, so maybe park up and turn off the engine and observe (provided the car has no issues starting). Look for other routes/exits like low kerbs through a small hedge etc. Watch what people are doing - especially those who are attacking others. Are they trying to get at those already in cars? Remain calm and try move as little as possible.

Text the missus back telling her to stay calm; turn the phones inside on silent; monitor the injured person - assess if they were attacked or got hurt some other way; make sure the rest of the shop is secure and try and lock/secure the main shutter. Don't open it. She's inside and is safer than you in the car park might be, but to search for useful supplies like first aid, running water and a toilet which most shops will have.

Right, yer still in the car, wife is in locked shop, albeit with an infected roommate, you are the one in more immediate danger, however the wife has fewer exit strategies.

So, back to my first question, how long do you wait?

Every second you delay increases the probability of your demise, therefore swift and decisive action is essential.

Call your wife, agree upon a safe destination, wish her all the best and GTFO of there in a hurry.

Where to?

Yeah....I think the OP will have to check in more than every 12 days if this is gonna work. Good idea though...

Yeah....I think the OP will have to check in more than every 12 days if this is gonna work. Good idea though...

Well, he has been on everyday. So, I still say he's been turned into one of the undead.

Soo sorry lads I'd completely let this slip my mind so I'm gonna get cracking now......

Wife texted back again they put it to a vote and the remaining people locked in the store where she is located decided to lock the sick person in the small store room in the back of the shop. She says there fairly safe for the moment as the shopping centre has quietened down a bit now, but unfortunately the lights have gone out

I'm still stuck in the car the radio is on but there's no updates only dead air, So things have gone to **** proper quickly , I'm still stuck in a cue of traffic , I get out of the car and pull the wheel brace out of the boot and decide to abandon the car and head towards the nearest entrance above ground ducking between cars and mostly avoiding the scattered z's that are hanging around , I get to the 1st shop window and its locked down hard with Z's in behind the shutters , there's a sports store about 100 feet away to the left , (possible bats, hurleys etc) and a clear enough path or a hard ware store about 600 feet away in the opposite direction but very risky as it takes me right through the centre of the shopping centre , the thickest amount of Z's is straight on towards the clothes shop about 800 feet and I'll need something better than a wheel brace to get through to where my wife is holed up.....What next

I would have stayed in the car, told the gf to get her a$$ outside to the car and left the wife inside the locked down shop.

Wife and Gf are the same person that was my bad I'll fix it now

I would have stayed in the car, told the gf to get her a$$ outside to the car and left the wife inside the locked down shop.
    She'd probably still stop off at every shop to browse along the way. I don't think any type of apocolypse would change that.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Fox Hound

I look at my Phone and realize its on 2% battery.....I quickly make a run for the sports shop and sprint the 100 feet in record time...Luckily none of the zombies see me and I duck down and quietly sneak into the store.......I grab a baseball bat and slowly make my way outside the store, I look at my phone again and that its still on 2%....there is also a text from My wife "I'm, Safe, and hiding in the hardware store"......I make way over to the hard ware store slowly creeping over.....hoards of zombies have pilled up outside trying to get in, but Luckily they shutter's are down...I set my phone to loud and set an alarm to go off in 15 seconds,,,I slide it across to the far right of the hoards of zombies and the shutters outside the hardware store......The Alarm goes off and attracts the attention of the zombies clamoring to get in to the hardware store....they slowly one by one start to move towards the phone...after a few mins its safe to go over to the shutters of the hardware store, Once I get to doors I quietly shout out my wife's name "Jill are you in their? let me in its Chris!!!"......What happens next?

You get inside. Barricade all entrances securely. Make weapons & armour from stuff. TV shows tell us that paper makes good lightweight armour. Plan an exit through the false ceiling. Bring small amount of food & water. Starving will not be the biggest problem. Get to the roof. Bring a tent. Barricade the stairway door. Make SOS sign on the roof with debris. Wait for rescue....

• Advertisement
Advertisement