Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for a badminton group

• 16-03-2013 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

Does anyone in Dublin play badminton? I have a group of 3 people now, looking for 2-3 members to play regularly every weekend.
    OR does any group which is looking for intermediate level player in Dublin area, I would love to join on Friday evening or Saturday (whole day) or Sunday afternoon.

Court: UCD Sport Center
    Time (option) Friday and/or Saturday night, from 6-7pm, playing 1-2 hours (depends)
    Cost: do not know yer, my calculation is about 5E/each/time, 2 hours playing, 1 court, including shuttlecocks. Will be confirmed after we have enough members to start.

If it's possible, we might start from next weekend.

About me:
    I'm Vietnamese student who is studying in Griffith College Dublin, have been playing badminton for 3 years and something, but not really good (intermediate I think, say in a positive way :D ). I do not really now the level of my 2 other members since I have never played with them before, they are Vietnamese people as well.

Please contact me if you are interesting in. Looking forward to hearing from someone.

My Facebook: Steve Nguyen (An Nguyen)
    My Skype: nguyen.steve1987
    or you can inbox me here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭smallgarden

hello this is link to leinster badminton which has a lot of information on badminton in dublin http://www.leinsterbadminton.com/ a lot of clubs will be finishing the season in april but run summer clubs and might be looking for new members for september. you could also try setting up a group on meetup.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭abceire

meetup.com has a group that play badminton in Dublin very regularly, might be worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭abceire

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Kia_Kaha

Great idea - good luck with it! If I was in Dublin I'd join for sure - sadly I'm in Cork though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 New wave club

/snip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 tamoor2

hi i am available for play

tamoor2 wrote: »
    hi i am available for play

Hi new wave play on Tuesdays in Terenure, badminton centre whitehall road (court 3 & 4) from 20th august from 8pm and Thursdays, from 8pm in ballinteer community school starting September. Division 8-10.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 tamoor2

i want to play morning time because my job start at 2 pm any day of week

Hi new wave play on Tuesdays in Terenure, badminton centre whitehall road (court 3 & 4) from 20th august from 8pm and Thursdays, from 8pm in ballinteer community school starting September. Division 8-10.

Leinster badminton may know some clubs who play on the morning time. They also hire out courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭mrbubbles

Sorry to hijack the thread but seemed silly to start another one right next to this one.

I've just moved to Dublin South (Terenure) and would be keen to meet a few people who'd like to play a weekly game of doubles. I've played for a couple of years, so I'm not a complete beginner, but I'm also not a professional so a similar standard would be best :)

I work from home so pretty much any time would be fine, but I don't have a car so it would need to be within walking distance or easily bussable!

Thanks in advance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 ryanflash

Hi, I'm looking for possible vacancy in a badminton group playing at Terenure.
    I'm available on the weekdays.

does anyone know any??

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JacqC

Hi , i just thought id post here, Terenure Badminton Centre has beginners and advanced classed starting in September. Also they have an open day with free play and taster sessions for adults and kids on Sunday the 19th of August. Plus they will have other stuff going on in the bar also. Check out there facebook page for more information "Leinster Terenure Badminton Centre"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Please read the charter. No zombie threads. Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement