Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭dublin championship wrestling

Future DCW Champion Andy Phoenix addresses the DCW fans emails about Bingo Ballances challenge. The Awesome One also comments on the state of DCW,only hours away from DCW Blanchards Bash! THINGS JUST GOT REAL!!!

www.dublinwrestling.ie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdI8bmbcngg

DCW Heavyweight Championship
    Vic Viper v Irish Dragon

Blanchardstown Brawl
    Ger "The Rebel" Murphy v Ballymun Bruiser

Submission Match
    The Executioner v Danny "The Pain" Deans

Battle Royal To Crown The First Ever DCW Inner City Champion
    The final two in the Battle Royal will face one on one for the Championship

"The Lone Wolf" Lycan, Brother Skelly, Karl Brien, DCW Head of Security Choccy, "All Star" Anthony Idol, Pierre Marceau, Galligan, Tucker, Space Cadet, Working Class John, Jennidee, Nathan Youngblood, Maxi

Sister Laura v Siren

The Power Trip with Championship Choice holder Andy Phoenix

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

This gave me a great chuckle. :D

Would someone at DCW like to give the background on this one?

249700_10150212773438946_602943945_7342335_4124025_n.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Shadooby

I would guess it has something to do with what happened a while ago with DCW4Life going nuts when posters were giving the show a bad review. Maybe he should have added "Boards.ie Wrestling sections posters Will hate this match"

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

I only have the pics up 10 mins and it appears here! Holy sweet F**K Oscar!

I really enjoyed the Dcw show tonight. Matches of the Night have to go to Vic vs Dragon and Danny Deans vs the exicutioner. Murph vs Bruiser was a very entertaining match I have to say. Overall good effort put in by all and looking forward to seeing em again tomorrow in Cavan.

Congrats to Irish Dragon on becoming the new heavyweight champion!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 wrestlefan101

i wunder is it a gud thing tat dcw keeps changing the champion?? seems like theres been too many champions so far. maybe its gud to keep the interest tho.
    lookin forward to the nlw show in clondalkin its in my back yard so delighted. and to throw my picks for the cruserweight tournament please put tucker in. hes great and bingo ballance. saw them wrestle at dcw show and were the best thing on it.
    and paddy morrow. i went to nlw in tallagh but had to leave after 1st match :mad: paddy morrow was in the open match and he's deadly. so talented. anthony idol too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

i wunder is it a gud thing tat dcw keeps changing the champion?? seems like theres been too many champions so far. maybe its gud to keep the interest tho.

Nope the bookers of just victims of growing up during the Attitude Era and seemingly Russo being their primary influence hence all the titles, storylines, run ins, turns etc on the show.

If only Memphis or Mid South aired on the Cablelink channel back in the day. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 wrestlefan101

drayme wrote: »
    Nope the bookers of just victims of growing up during the Attitude Era and seemingly Russo being their primary influence hence all the titles, storylines, run ins, turns etc on the show.

If only Memphis or Mid South aired on the Cablelink channel back in the day. :pac:

yea i dont like to knock wat any promotion is doin because i havnt seen much of any of them. only ones i saw was 2 dcw shows (one was so bad and one was decent) and the start of an nlw show. but i hate wen theres loads of champions. i was at the dcw were they had bruiser as teh first champion and tat was only couple of months ago and theres been 2 more already. i like the sounds of nlw more. the champ there has been champion since january (i think) and i think the champ in iww had the belt for a year?? makes the belts mean more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭nlw_coleman

Don't forget NLW will be live in Quarryvale Community Centre in Greenfort Gardens, Clondalkin this Sunday, June 16th at 6.30pm. Tickets are just €8 for adults and €5 for kids!

As announced a few days ago, we will host a Cruiserweight tournament which will be called the "2011 Cruiser 8 Tournament" and will feature Ireland's best cruiserweight talent. Qualifying matches begin this Sunday.

I can also confirm that we're planning a huge weekend for our 5th Anniversary coming in September. We'll welcome a former WWE Tag Team Champion to NLW that weekend. More on that soon.

251289_218700968161831_167386333293295_743175_5274783_n.jpg

Working Class John gets more than he bargained for when LA Warren forces him to work Galligan's land in County Cavan

www.dublinwrestling.ie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpqhUq37Ofg

• Advertisement

Working Class John gets more than he bargained for when LA Warren forces him to work Galligan's land in County Cavan

www.dublinwrestling.ie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpqhUq37Ofg

not going to comment on my above picture, no?

its a nice picture taken by a talented photographer! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭StoneColdFan

CMpunked wrote: »
    not going to comment on my above picture, no?

maybe it has something to do with this?

lol

Coleman please give us a taste of who is in the Crusier 8 tourney?

Whiplash wrote: »
    its a nice picture taken by a talented photographer! :P

very true. ;)

Would it be really ironic if i bitched and moaned about this video? :p

What is ironic is that Sheamus was trained by the IWW school not the DCW/CPW school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Elite Pro Wrestling

Elite Pro Wrestling is a brand new wrestling company based in Northern Ireland.

Our aim is to showcase some of the best talent in the country and put on fantastic shows that will send the fans home wanting more!

Our debut show will be announced soon!

For up to date information follow us on facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Pro-Wrestling/211669725538826

two new promotions announced in one day! wow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Hydration

maybe it has something to do with this?

He slags off Irish Wrestling Fans for supporting American Wrestling Companies but yet the man in the video supports American Wrestling Companies himself. He even travels to the USA to watch WWE and TNA shows which he stated on a number of occassions on David Longs radio show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Anything coming up in the Drogheda area soon?

Was only ever at one Irish promotion event a few years ago, it was in the Boyne Vally Hotel in Drog and was a disaster in so many ways (roof was so low they could barely slam each other, wrestlers late, main event somehow changed from a best of 3 falls to a single fall match after the first fall etc etc) but I won't let one bad event put me off forever...

• Advertisement

DCW are in Balbriggan on the on sunday the 24th of july wolfe tone. That might be a show close enough to home for you

Whiplash wrote: »
    DCW are in Balbriggan on the on sunday the 24th of july wolfe tone. That might be a show close enough to home for you

matthews have stopped going through balbriggan so even though its closer, its still hard to go to with public transport. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 KaseyRobinson

remarketing :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Elite Pro Wrestling

For any inquiries regarding bookings etc email eliteprowrestling@hotmail.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Rex_kramer

Hydration wrote: »
    He slags off Irish Wrestling Fans for supporting American Wrestling Companies but yet the man in the video supports American Wrestling Companies himself. He even travels to the USA to watch WWE and TNA shows which he stated on a number of occassions on David Longs radio show.

He asks why DCW isn't drawing, look at the roster he promotes, there is not one guy on the roster that looks like they would have a shot in WWE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Rex_kramer wrote: »
    He asks why DCW isn't drawing, look at the roster he promotes, there is not one guy on the roster that looks like they would have a shot in WWE

Well in fairness I still watch a local basketball match even though none of them could be in the NBA, ive payed to watch my local football team even though none could play in the premiership and ive attendined local productions of Trainspottin and the likes even though the actors are never gonna make it to Hollywood......just nice to give support to local sports and arts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Rawm2008

Rex_kramer wrote: »

People said the same bout seamus,tron and there in WWE, guys like Tucker could fit in WWE, when they had a cruiser weight division, and like the guy above said, We all go watch local sports and theater etc but you dont see people going ahh screw that why go see them there all a bunch of bum and weekend warriors theyll never make it etc Thats the kind of attitude hes on about in the video.

Who says the want to be in the Wwe? The be all and end all of wrestling is not the wwe. Sure wwe doesnt even want to be even mentioned in a sentence with word wrestling. And who said dcw arent drawing? I have been to 3 dcw shows. Mania, Blanch Bash and at the cavan festival yesterday. for an indy show in ireland they didnt have a bad crowd. Sure they didnt have 1000 people but tell what irish promotion can draw that without having a legion of former wwe guys appearing? The cavan festival show had a large crowd at least a couple of hundred people. and it was one of the hottest crowds i have seen at any wrestling show. They were really into and enjoyed what was happening in the ring. Now I'm not here to defend dcw or offend any other promotion. I'm just stating my opinion.

There are many many many wrestlers in the world today who wrestle regularly all over the world and its not with wwe. The majority of guys who train to be wrestlers do so because they love wrestling. Sure many would love to make it to wwe but then again at the same time i'm sure there are many who are quite happy touring the indies.

My point really is that you cant judge small indie promotions to wwe and why does it matter if a guy would look like he could make it in wwe. the main word there is "look". how is a wrestler supposed to "look"? 6'6 with a bodybuilder body? Pure BS! Wrestlers come in all shapes and sizes. just look back at wrestlers from the past hell even guys who are wwe hall of famers. they didnt have six packs and muscles coming out their ears.

What good is a guy with a body if he hasnt got the ablity to wrestle? Wrestle is the key word here. When it comes down to it, if i had to go to a show tonight and i had the choice to go to wwe in the 02 costing 70 quid or go to a dcw/iww/nlw/msw show for 10 quid and I want to watch wrestling, well forgive if i decided to go to a show that only draws 100 people. there are tons of guys on the irish scene who may not have "the look" but damn it they can wrestle. some maybe better than others but they can.

To every irish wrestler out there who has stepped into a ring I salute you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Smoshi

Mates i think its worth noting dat these lads arent makin much money. so they probs cant kill themselfs in thr gym like the wwe lads can.

Aswell as dat the wwe lads full time job is wrestlin. most indie lads are workin regular jobs aswell. so they cant dedicate 24/7 to wrestlin related tings (diet,gym,tan etc etc) as it costs a good amount.

like whiplash sed. ther "look" has nothin to do with ther ability. bingo balance is pretty skinny, but dam hes a gud wrestler! same can be sed about vic viper. hes not got a 6 pack, but i tink he looks dam gud for an indie guy.

ireland has sum top talent imho. i tink yer man ger murphy was sayin its sickenin to see 1000s of ppl go to a wwe house show, but the same ppl wont bother with a home grown company.

but tbh i can understand a caasual fan tinkin its busch league stuff. in everyting, the smaller, or lesser known is always considered 2nd rate.

tho i tink those who ARE aware of the talent need to make a biggr effort to support local wrestlin. i know i cud be.

• Advertisement

Ok heres an example. Harley Race is a legend of wrestling and influenced alot of guys over the years. He is regarded as a great wrestler and a former world champion.now watch these videos and tell me that wwe would sign him today because of his body?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXvOrW3Exho&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXvOrW3Exho&feature=related

Advertisement