Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shaving Equipment - For Sale/For Trade/Free

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,803 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

seosamh wrote: »
    Thanks Amalgam for the encouragement. How are you fixed for Monsavon? I have one more to spare and still have enough to last me a good while.

Seosamh - are you looking for anything in particular for the Monsavon ?

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭seosamh

Seosamh - are you looking for anything in particular for the Monsavon ?

CrowdedHouse, Anything interesting in blades or reasonably-priced soaps?

Nothing much in the soap department...

Blades : KAI, Gillette Bleue Extra, Gillette 7 O'Clock Green
    Permasharp(india), Shark, Bluebird.......

How about one of each for your soap ?

Sounds good, I'd prefer sealed packs, how would that work?
    Nothing much in the soap department...

Blades : KAI, Gillette Bleue Extra, Gillette 7 O'Clock Green
    Permasharp(india), Shark, Bluebird.......

How about one of each for your soap ?

seosamh - I meant a pack of each :D

One of each would be a poor swap !

• Advertisement

CrowdedHouse, Grand so, PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Semogue 1305 brush...hardly used. Whatcha got????:D

I'd just like to put on record a hassle free swap with seosamh - Thanks again

Thanks CrowdedHouse, a pleasure dealing with you and glad you liked the soap.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭katnia

Hi Guys

I bought a Merkur Futur a few weeks ago having decided to upgrade from my 34C HD. It's obviously a quality Razor but I found that the handle was too long for my liking & I actually prefer the 34C.

It's in 'as new' condition & I still have the box for it which is also 'as new'. I am open to offers for the Razor or indeed I would consider a swap for something else (Razor/Cream/Soaps/Blades etc). If you would like to see photos of this type of Razor see page 5 of this thread and look for Amalgam's post, it's Razor number 3 that I have, which shows the Futur in all it's glory.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Amalgam wrote: »
    Lot 02. - 25 Euro - P&P included - 26 Counties.

1x Merkur 11C 'open comb' (Germany)
    1x Lea shaving stick (Spain)

3x Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (India)
    2x Feather (New Hi-Stainless) (Platinum) (Japan)
    3x Super Platinum (ASR Personna) (Israel)

Blades will be in a typical plastic blade dispenser.
    Top to bottom, as in the above list.

Just wondering if this is still for sale Amalgam? Trying to break into using safety razors and think this is unbelievable value.

One question, would i need a brush with this or does the stick do everything that the brush would?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

The shave stick just puts the soap on your face. You'll still need a brush to create the lather (provided it is still available of course). They are some great prices on those lots.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Just wondering if this is still for sale Amalgam?

Yes it is. The 11C and HD both have great handles, lots of grip. The open comb design can be a bit worrying to look at, but the experience of shaving with it isn't as bad as you'd have yourself believe.

Both of the razors are 2 piece razors.

---

You would need a brush.

Shaving stick use, wet face, steep stick in hot water for a few seconds. Rub stick on face. The stick is basically a soap in another form. You then use the brush on your face to create a lather from the soap left by the stick.

EDIT: Sorry, I missed hitemfrank's post.

My first post in 4 months and it's overlooked..... sheesh :rolleyes: :P

How good is Monsavon, Amalgam?

Considering you have lots of the stuff I would guess it may be a biased opinion but I gotta ask.

Good if you are sensitive to some of the more 'soap-like' creams out there. There are some products that really dry you out.

The Monsavon does not have that harshness and leaves your skin soft and (relatively speaking) moist. The most tallow-like product you can get, in my opinion.

Cheap as chips too, in France. Just over a euro, depending on the supermarket you buy it at.

Next time someone I know is heading to France I'll have to get them to pick one up for me - or 3 or 4

Yes it is. The 11C and HD both have great handles, lots of grip. The open comb design can be a bit worrying to look at, but the experience of shaving with it isn't as bad as you'd have yourself believe.

Both of the razors are 2 piece razors.

Nice one, I'd like to provsionally offer the asking price for the 11c. I just need to find out a bit more about brushes etc. before i can confirm.

Edit: Fcuk it, i'll take it. 'Tis only €25, i'll sort out a brush. I work in town, so can meet face to face (beard to beard?) or paypal if you want. Let me know whenever.

$hifty, 11C put aside for you, get back to me if you change your mind.

I don't go into Dublin much nowadays $hifty, easier for me to just punt it into a Post Office.

Merkur HD is taken by another boards member today.

All razors taken or provisionally sold at this time.

Thank you boards.ie and FH&H.

Cheers, PM sent.

Just a quick note to say my trasaction with Amalgam went effortlessly. Ordered Friday, posted yesterday, received today.

Would have zero issues with dealing with him again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Growing back my beard because it suits me better, so it will be shame to have this stuff sitting around in the bathroom cabinet. Everything bought brand new so has only been used by myself. I would really want to sell this as a package because posting out individual items will be too much hassle and expensive for the buyers.

13102010143.jpg

Anthony Logistics Mint Aftershave/Astringent 95% full
    Mild cooling aftershave with a mint fragrance can also
    be used as an astringent if you have oily skin.

Geo F Trumper Marlborough Aftershave 70% full
    “A crisp aromatic fragrance revealing lavender, geranium and cedarwood.” (Trumper website)
    Very classy gentlemans aftershave.

Geo F Trumper West Indian Limes Aftershave 60% / Skin Food 40%
    Great product, really refreshing burst of lime scent leves the skin feeling great.

DR Harris Aftershave Milk Dispenser 90% full
    Rose scent, nice and mild leaves skin feeling very smooth.

L'Occatine Cade Soap 90% full
    My favorite soap, easily to work and gives a smooth shave.
    (won't be sending the container)

Semogue 830 and Stand
    Great boar brush used for approx 4 months. Great nickle stand
    which also holds a DE razor.

The rest are just samples of blades and aftershaves.

Would be looking at around the €60 mark for the lot shipping will be extra.
    This is an absolute steal your looking at close to €200 for everything new.

If you decide to split, please give me a price on..
    Geo F Trumper Marlborough Aftershave 70% full
    “A crisp aromatic fragrance revealing lavender, geranium and cedarwood.” (Trumper website)
    Very classy gentlemans aftershave.

Great bargain from padi89, this will not last long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Smart Guy

If you decide to split give me a price on Anthony Logistics Mint Aftershave
    Geo F Trumper West Indian Limes Aftershave 60% / Skin Food 40% and Semogue 830

2 -3 days ago i'd have snapped your hand off for the lot of this. As it is, i spent €35 on a brush alone so can't really justify the €60 for all of it. Give us a price on everything minus the brush and i'll have a think about it if you're up for splitting.

Edit: Just saw Smart Guys offer, I'll take the rest (everything he doesn't want) depending on price.

Well that's fair enough lads if there is interest in all i don't mind splitting. Just give me a while and il get back to ye with prices i think are fair and see what ye think ?
    Obviously il have to honor offers as first come first served so will be starting with Amalgams interest and work down.

I also have a bottle of Geo F Trumpers Spanish Leather Cologne i reckon 90% at least full so any interest in that?

Right gentlemen how does this sound ?

Amalgam the Marlborough aftershave say €12 excluding postage

Smart Guy Anthony Logistics Mint Aftershave
    Geo F Trumper West Indian Limes Aftershave 60% / Skin Food 40% and Semogue 830 say €30 excluding postage

$hifty the DR Harris/L'occtaine Soap/Brush holder and samples €18

I kept that as low as possible so it's still at the €60 asking so i won't be moving on price. The postage will vary depending on weight and/or if you want regular or registered post, you can decide that individually.

That's fine. I'll go for that. I expect you to wait a few days to see will anyone bite for the whole package, if someone does, that's life.
    Amalgam the Marlborough aftershave say €12 excluding postage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

That's fine. I'll go for that. I expect you to wait a few days to see will anyone bite for the whole package, if someone does, that's life.

hi padi
    i offer the asking price for the lot please sorry amalgam.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

i would also like the leather cologne (dep. on price obviously.)

:)
    thanks.

• Advertisement

If thebullkf wants to go ahead and take the lot then its going to be an awful lot easier for me so il take up his offer and see what happens.

Advertisement