Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

B&D GL570 Strimmer

• 28-11-2018 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

I've had the above for about 12 years and have always been able to carry out any necessary repairs myself, usually down at the motor end. Now I want to replace the mains cable, but can't figure out how to separate the two halves of the upper casing. There is a locking cylinder which allows the upper and lower halves of the apparatus to rotate with respect to each other (allowing for vertical or horizontal strimming), and both halves of the upper casing fit into this. My problem is that this prevents me from fully accessing the cable connection. Does anyone know how to take the pesky thing apart? I could probably access the cable connection by temporarily forcing the top halves apart, but there must be a simpler way to do it. Of course, I could simply join the cable externally but would prefer to make a proper job of it. All contributions gratefully received.

Comments

Advertisement