Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Question for paramedics

Options
  • 20-11-2018 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Am wondering because we've had a few instances of ambulances or fire brigade being called to an address in a housing estate in the early hours.

A couple of visits were for elderly neighbours and the paramedics were in the house for a while but left without bringing anyone with them.

In each case, the emergency vehicle kept their blue lights flashing and engine running the entire time they were parked outside the house, approx 45 mins.

Just wondering why they keep the blue lights flashing on the vehicle when it's already found the address and it's not in the process of transporting anyone......maybe someone who works in that type of job can enlighten me..?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭NASlad

Where do you live OP?
    I've never known anybody in NAS to do that. I turn off blues pretty much the moment I enter a housing estate unless it's an arrest or something.

Sounds slightly similar to the ambulances who leave their blue lights on outside hospitals despite signs both inside and outside the ED's requesting crews not to do that.
    Not mentioning any names but ahem, some just love using their blue lights for literally everything. :rolleyes:
    I'm sure ye can go figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Carley353

:) I see! I was just wondering cos it's difficult to get back to sleep with the blue lights flashing through the blinds so I was wondering why they always seem to leave them on. But I guess it was just coincidence - or maybe it's the same driver all the time! :p

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭NASlad

Carley353 wrote: »
    :) I see! I was just wondering cos it's difficult to get back to sleep with the blue lights flashing through the blinds so I was wondering why they always seem to leave them on. But I guess it was just coincidence - or maybe it's the same driver all the time! :p

Cheers

Complain/report it to whatever service it is. Give the date and time.
    It's not acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭sjb25

NASlad wrote: »
    Where do you live OP?
    I've never known anybody in NAS to do that. I turn off blues pretty much the moment I enter a housing estate unless it's an arrest or something.

Sounds slightly similar to the ambulances who leave their blue lights on outside hospitals despite signs both inside and outside the ED's requesting crews not to do that.
    Not mentioning any names but ahem, some just love using their blue lights for literally everything. :rolleyes:
    I'm sure ye can go figure.

Same as I turn them of also unless I’m in a rush to get out ie if it’s something serious or the only other reason I’d leave them on is if I’m blocking a road or at an RTA other than that I’d turn them of

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Schindlers Pissed

Just seeing this now.....it MUST be DFB.....??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

The crew might have engaged runlock. Which leaves the engine running but keys can be removed but downside is light stays on too. They may have done this to keep heat on in the back as it can be like an ice box back there these nights and uncomfortable for anyone especially sick elderly patients?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

DFB do it all the time here too, but I assume it's because most of the time they're blocking part of the road when they pull up. I've no problem with it, if I'm in bed I turn around away from the window and close my eyes and I can't see anything then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭sjb25

The crew might have engaged runlock. Which leaves the engine running but keys can be removed but downside is light stays on too.

Press arrive scene twice then pull keys run lock still engages and lights go out :) I didn’t know this until recently

Advertisement