Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ETB Tutors terms & conditions

• 16-06-2018 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    As you might know there are talks ongoing on creating a national contract for Adult Ed & Literacy tutors (i.e. Levels 1-4). Currently all tutors in ETBs are isolated from their counterparts in other parts of the country (often even within the ETB).

A tutor here in Longford set up an informal national group at the last TUI congress and we are trying to get in contact with other TUI members or potential members in other ETBs. The more unified we are countrywide the more we can have a say in our future, the more members we have, the more resources the TUI can give us.

Send me a PM for contact details or we can discuss it below.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ladyrunrunrun

Hi is there any updates/ offers made? What’s there to expect? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭KAGY

Still little holdups. Didn't progress muchmuchwith everyone off overoverthe summer.

Tui post. https://www.facebook.com/181104898570433/posts/2374644465883121/

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Shel10

Hi..Will this be similar to the BTEI tutor to teacher conversion?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭KAGY

Shel10 wrote: »
    Hi..Will this be similar to the BTEI tutor to teacher conversion?
    Should be, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I think the options might be
    Stay as you are
    Align with teachers, but you must get teaching qualifications if you haven't already
    Resource worker

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Shel10

Thanks...seems to be long drawn out process alright, but hopefully should follow on from BTEI, but that's also going on a long time and nothing definite yet for the tutors yet

• Advertisement
Advertisement