Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Reporting Poor Waste Management

• 26-10-2018 4:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭

Wasn't sure where to put this, so please move if a more relevant forum is available.

I've been at a new business for the last few weeks now and honestly their waste management is ridiculous. There is absolutely no recycling efforts whatsoever, at least none that I can see. Even in the canteen, absolutely no recycling goes on. All recyclable materials such as milk cartons, cardboard packaging, etc are all just thrown in the regular bins along with food waste. There is also a constant supply of plastic spoons, hundreds being used each day. Honestly it shocks me. I don't feel comfortable saying anything as I'm new there and don't want to give them a reason to dislike me as I'm on a probation period but honestly this lack of concern for basic recycling sickens me.

Is there such a thing as reporting this kind of thing? It is actually disgusting, especially in this day and age.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,783 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

jaxxx wrote:
    Is there such a thing as reporting this kind of thing? It is actually disgusting, especially in this day and age.

This is a tough one, fair play to you for noticing, and frankly, just caring, but you do need to be careful regarding your own employment situation, I've no advice at all, maybe other members may enlighten us both. Best of luck in the job

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭chite

What you could try doing is seeing if they're a member of repak. If they are, they've no obligation to recycle their rubbish.

There's no problem with saying it to them, at least with the canteen one. Explain the costs incurred from having to buy them in contrast to steel spoons. And what about the usage of disposable coffee cups there?

Advertisement