Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

If a nose piercing has failed a number of times before?

• 28-09-2018 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

Is there any point in trying again? By that I mean it would just get caught in my glasses and close up nearly instantly. Maybe it never really healed 100% ,always felt a teeny bit raw,but when it would fall out,either when in bed,or get caught in my glasses,it would just close as I said nearly straight away. Even tried a ring but it would kinda 'close around the ring'. I still miss it though,felt like 'part of me'.
    Is it pointless to even consider trying again? any suggestions to 'make it work'?
    Thanks
    S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

What quality of jewellery are you using? I had peircings for years that didn't feel right, were irritating etc. Took them out for years, then about 10 years ago I put in gold studs and haven't had a problem since

• Registered Users Posts: 24 annaboniface55

I recommend wearing gold, it might be to do with the type of material you're wearing. There is no harm in trying again but make sure something is in and it's cleaned regularly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Spirogyra

Would the average piercing studio have 'gold'?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Spirogyra wrote: »
    Would the average piercing studio have 'gold'?

An average jewellers would...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭Raichu

Don’t use gold. The nickel content is too high for a fresh piercing. Titanium bars for the first 6-8 weeks! To avoid your piercing falling out for the first few weeks you should wear a small plaster over it, and ask your piercer for a small tutorial how to reinsert the bar if it does fall out. :) it’s not as simple as pop it back in, you kind of push it halfway then push upwards and in. If that made any sense :pac:

But yeah, titanium jewellery for 6-8 weeks and cover with a plaster! And always get pierced with a needle. Never guns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Black Pearl

I think the piercer asked me did I want titanium and that worked for me, but I think another option was surgical steel he said.

Advertisement