Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What do you think of this postman-related song I wrote?

• 09-05-2018 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭

I called it "diMAILo"

(Verse 1)
    My mailo's name is Bob,
    He does an awesome job.
    Delivering the post,
    Is what he love the most.
    He go from house to house,
    To get di mail about.
    He go from door to door,
    Workin nine to four.
    (Chorus)
    The mailo, di mailo, da mailo, oi.
    The mailo, di mailo, da mailo, oye.
    (Verse 2)
    Mi mailo's name is Norman
    His job is far from borin'.
    He go from place to place,
    From Scotland down to Greece.
    Norman bring di lettahs,
    He don't find nuthin' better.
    He go from town to town,
    To get di mail around!
    (Repeat chorus)

Haven't actually recorded the song yet. The sound I am going for is something in the vein of Sugar Ray or Sublime. I'd describe it as a feel-good reggae-tinged pop-rock summer anthem.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Ha I like it, unpretentious, fun summer song.

Singing in a Jamaican accent -assuming you’re not Jamaican- can be a bit dodgy or so I hear but that’s your problem :-)

Post a link when you’ve recorded it so we can hear it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Oink wrote: »

Singing in a Jamaican accent -assuming you’re not Jamaican- can be a bit dodgy or so I hear but that’s your problem :-)

Thanks Oink, we won't be recording it immediately but hope to do so in a few weeks time.

This is the sound we're kind of going for:

We recorded the final take of the song today. I can PM you the link if you like :-)

Oink wrote: »

Sting is your go to vocalist, he wasn't bothered channeling his inner rasta maaan.

Sting is your go to vocalist, he wasn't bothered channeling his inner rasta maaan.

I know right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Maxxx17

Pretty unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 thechigger

Song of the decade, I'm pretty sure I can just exit this board because nothing comes close

Advertisement