Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Huawei B593u-12 Firmware advice

Options
  • 09-01-2017 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Bought an unlocked B593 (German Telekom Speedport II) on ebay and set it up with an external antenna in my attic just to test before mounting on the roof.

Speed increased dramatically, before I was getting less that 1MB and with the new router and antenna I was getting a consistent 4MB with peaks of 12MB download.

The Telekom skin was pretty heavy though so I flashed it with firmware from 3 Denmark which uses the stock Huawei layout. The only thing is now I've noticed a dramatic decrease in speed and I was wondering if this is because of the firmware?

I checked the frequencies and

4G 3 Ireland: 800/1800 MHz
    4G Telekom Germany: 800/1800/2600Mhz
    4G 3 Denmark: 1800/2600Mhz

Since 3 Denmark doesn't run on 800, am I right in thinking that's why it's slower now? Does anyone know what firmware version the Irish store bought B593 runs on?

Tried looking for a copy of the speedport II firmware to turn back but it's impossible to find online. Would be very interested in finding Three Ireland's software if anyone has any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 davdd

Crisis averted. Spent hours searching before making this post and the minute I posted it I found the answer.

If anyone else ever has the same problem, flash with firmware V100R001C00SP052 - this is the generic factory firmware and unlocks every frequency band available

http://www.mediafire.com/file/r6tid2pcwtz1jsn/B593tr6_baseline_r%2Bm%2Bh%2Bs.tar.bz2

• Registered Users Posts: 33 columt

Thanks for this post Davdd - very useful.
    I also got the Telekom version (B593s-12) but disappointed to find is has no "remote management" capability - looks like it was disabled in firmware. Does your firmware support this?
    Where did you find the factory firmware?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 tripwire

Hi I upgraded my router but now the admin password has changed any help or idea to what it is now thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

tripwire wrote: »
    Hi I upgraded my router but now the admin password has changed any help or idea to what it is now thanks

Thought it was always admin for the default password. Try username admin and pw admin also no (blank) username and password admin. If all else fails do a reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

davdd wrote: »
    Crisis averted. Spent hours searching before making this post and the minute I posted it I found the answer.

If anyone else ever has the same problem, flash with firmware V100R001C00SP052 - this is the generic factory firmware and unlocks every frequency band available

http://www.mediafire.com/file/r6tid2pcwtz1jsn/B593tr6_baseline_r%2Bm%2Bh%2Bs.tar.bz2
    Sorry for resurrecting an old thread. Trying to flash the firmware on my B593 and it's not recognising the file. What did you extract it to? Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement