Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Just when I thought that things couldn't get any worse!

• 21-07-2018 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭

I try, I really do try to be environmentally friendly but it's so damn difficult. Despite my best efforts at not buying products with too much, or non-recyclable, packaging and in general trying to be good....Yesterday, my youngest asked for a new water bottle for school so we bought one in Dunnes - into the sink for a wash before use and what pops out but a small sachet of silica gel!

Silica%2BGel.jpg

Dangerous for small children, very bad for the environment and totally nonsensical for a plastic bottle. Time was that silica gel was only to be found packed with expensive scientific instruments, binoculars to prevent damp, mildew etc. but this is just crazy! How many million sachets are being put into these plastic bottles worldwide - presumably in China as it doesn't say on the label.

This is the sort of nonsense our government should be tackling and not leave it to the increasingly bewildered public who are not even sure what goes in what bin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Del.Monte wrote:
    This is the sort of nonsense our government should be tackling and not leave it to the increasingly bewildered public who are not even sure what goes in what bin.

Yup, this is driving me nuts to, our governments have to start banning certain materials from entering our markets if we re to start tackling our environmental issues

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Just noticed this morning that the information tag is laminated so presumably non-recyclable too. A straightforward government ban on this sort of nonsense would be a first step.

Advertisement