Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wimbledon travel

Options
  • 24-06-2018 7:28pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I always keep putting this off but I think I might finally head over this year for a few days.

My question is has anybody relied on ticketmaster for securing tickets? If so, would you recommend it?

I really don't want to queue every day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭LandersDublin

Rob2D wrote: »
    I always keep putting this off but I think I might finally head over this year for a few days.

My question is has anybody relied on ticketmaster for securing tickets? If so, would you recommend it?

I really don't want to queue every day.

Hey mate just wondering, Im just wondering I secured and bought tickets from the LTA to this years. Now im being reposted with the job and cant attend either day I secured.

Have u any idea how I relist for sale on the portal?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

I am over in London and staying near Wimbledon but its a family holiday so don't want to queue first thing in the morning.

However I would like to go up late in the day and try and get to see any games in the outer courts

Do people re distribute day tickets if they leave early or is it case of paying into the grounds and checking with the ticket booth?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭traco

I was there about 2 years ago, had tickets to some of the outside courts. I don't know can you just get into the grounds with a general access ticket so can't help there. Once inside some of the outside courts are open access so if there's space you can get in.

Other courts are all ticket only but when people leave early the seat is resold and can be bought inside the grounds. The queue can be huge depending on who's playing etc. All the proceeds or the tickets resold go to charity or something similar which I thought was very fair.

There are tickets held back for sale on the day from a kiosk outside but expect to be in line from the early hours for them on the big days.

All in a great experience, I'll defo be back.

I am over in London and staying near Wimbledon but its a family holiday so don't want to queue first thing in the morning.

However I would like to go up late in the day and try and get to see any games in the outer courts

Do people re distribute day tickets if they leave early or is it case of paying into the grounds and checking with the ticket booth?

Ive been to last 4 years, Once your in your in ticket is no use the. Queing is the only way outside the LTA ballots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Ive been to last 4 years, Once your in your in ticket is no use the. Queing is the only way outside the LTA ballots.

Thanks.
    Just researching more

Another 6,000 Grounds Admission tickets are sold every day. The Grounds Admission ticket is good for the No. 2 court standing enclosure as well as unreserved seating and standing on Courts 3 to 19. Tickets cost between £8 and £25, depending on the time and day

So take it they are all snapped up pretty quick by those in the Queue?

• Advertisement

Thanks.
    Just researching more

Another 6,000 Grounds Admission tickets are sold every day. The Grounds Admission ticket is good for the No. 2 court standing enclosure as well as unreserved seating and standing on Courts 3 to 19. Tickets cost between £8 and £25, depending on the time and day

So take it they are all snapped up pretty quick by those in the Queue?

Yes to those there from 6am get the majority.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Any point joining the q around 12? Can't get there before then. Otherwise we won't bother and go find somewhere with big screens and deckchairs around London.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Dovies wrote: »
    Any point joining the q around 12? Can't get there before then. Otherwise we won't bother and go find somewhere with big screens and deckchairs around London.
    They release grounds tickets in the evening, I think about 6pm. I'm not sure if there's much point in starting to queue for them as early as 12pm though. The only time I did it, I think we arrived on the queue about 4-4:30ish and got in no problem at 6pm. Once you are in, you can queue up to get tickets to the show courts as people hand them in, or you can just use the grounds pass. We got a solid three and a half hours of tennis in when we did it, a great evening.

Advertisement