Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Master's in UK or Holland? Fee+Living costs

Options
  • 17-03-2018 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm in my 1st year of BA in Psychology and I was considering doing my master's degree abroad (probably something to do with forensic psych, which I know is popular in Scotland). Are there any grants available for postgrads studying abroad? (I'm mainly interested in the UK and Holland) I heard that costs of living in England are very high, but Scotland is cheaper + SAAS offers grants. I know Holland is a lot cheaper and also offers courses in English which would be useful. Does anyone have any experiences of living abroad? Is it hard to find a job in the UK or Holland? Money-wise which one is better? Are the wages higher in Holland or the UK (minimum wage i mean)?
    I have done a little bit of research but I feel like it isn't sufficient, so I'm interested in hearing about the experiences of people who have actually studied abroad or know someone who did in order to get a better overall picture.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭FakePie

I come here to basically post this same thread.

You said you've done research?

Can you elaborate on what information you've garnered thus far, and hopefully with a few various contributions, we can build a more definitive picture?

Cost of living is cheaper in Holland?
    Curiosity - did you deduct that from specific research?
    I know health insurance is compulsory when residing there - which adds over 100 to the monthly bill.

I'd be intensely curious as to whether certain Irish benefits are available for those wishing to study abroad?

Advertisement