Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Beards unite :D

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I'm gonna have to trim about 5 inches length off my Van Dyke. Long beards and shooting arrows doesn't mix. :(

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Coming along nicely.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

How long have you been growing it for? Puts my efforts from the last 4 weeks to shame. :o

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I'm just over 6 weeks in now. Loving it so far and everyone else seems to like it too! Pic.

Oh and I've been trying out this joke when the situation arises - so far it's actually works!

7nkV2NQ.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

little bit of a tache twist

1533396_10153582966205464_209143121_n_zps58ef2e78.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I'm in the process of letting my 'tache grow out into a natural category rather than the trimmed Hungarian style that I usually keep. There is a downside. Now that the usually clipped hair under my nose is long enough to cover my mouth and intertwine with my beard when I shower the beard/moustache combination gets wet enough to drown me.
    Moustaches hold a surprising amount of water. I've coughed and spluttered through the wet follicles as my own hair tries to 'waterboard' me. Getting back into the the surf this year is gong to be interesting. I may need a snorkel. :o

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

I've joined the ranks.

Have never really been a fan of clean-shaven, but before Christmas, I just stopped caring altogether.... and I liked the results! Moustache isn't the greatest, but happy enough otherwise.

Must see if I can get a picture up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I've grown a beard these past few weeks and been trimming it to keep it tidy looking. It grows evenly so I don't have a problem with patchiness but, I'm wondering though where everyone stands with the hair on your neck?

Is it better to keep a neckline, or does everyone just let the whole lot grow. My beard naturally comes down to the top of my Adam's apple so I'm wondering is this too low for neck hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Sklarker

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    I've grown a beard these past few weeks and been trimming it to keep it tidy looking. It grows evenly so I don't have a problem with patchiness but, I'm wondering though where everyone stands with the hair on your neck?

Is it better to keep a neckline, or does everyone just let the whole lot grow. My beard naturally comes down to the top of my Adam's apple so I'm wondering is this too low for neck hair.
    I'm on my 2nd attempt at growing a full beard after 15 years of goatee. The last attempt I trimmed the neckline right up to the jawline and it looked ridiculous - I think you can only pull that off if you have dark/thick/straight hair, plus it takes a lot of maintenance. Now I'm growing it grey and curly but still keeping it neat and above the adam's apple as don't want to look like James Reilly or an ewok!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

My first attempt. 4 weeks in. Liking DamagedTrax's moustache twist. Need to get myself some 'tache wax.

photo_3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

Hey Im new this is how my beard was

318055.jpg

Im currently in the itchy stage tho it wasnt as bad as it was I've got oils and a beard trimmer now so Im hoping it goes further and possibly into big beard :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

3 weeks in I think, still itchy enough. Will wait another week or 2 and head to a barbers to get it cleaned up a bit.

DBC3A335-0C14-4068-917A-402E627CCE97_zpszd1qmuve.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

This thread is interesting.... Do mini ones count? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

Wow, a beard appreciation thread, awesome. This is the best one I have of mine, its from last month. Soon, it will be mighty.
    1551648_826246330750926_4458090882724717113_n.jpg?oh=040f7da1d5f0c1d3352ed2682eeca7ea&oe=54D73165

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭designbydan

Old enough thread being brought back ....
    Either way, here's a recent enough (past month just after a trim) of me.

10469163_10205170964573576_8409536747935202299_o-e1417838844408.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Side view on mine after I got a trim in the barbers. Immediately regretted it. Lost about an inch in length.

4g23wj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Stigura

:( Gutted to see this thread hasn't been active since 2014. In equal measure Fascinated though, to see Hipsters have been around so long! :D

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Been growing this a month or so.. More kids = more grey

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/7860/415663.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Stigura

pic_zpskpwiyddp.jpg

Facial Hair And A Hat.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Bring back hats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,414 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

MarkR wrote: »
    Bring back hats