Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Argos - Delivery

Options
  • 10-06-2020 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi Everyone,

Not sure if this has been brought up before.

Has anyone had any issues with ordering an item for home delivery from Argos?

I ordered an item 2 weeks ago and confirmation email said it would be delivered in '5 working days' and I have heard nothing from Argos. No update on my order, no way to track it.

They don't answer the phone or respond to emails.

It would be interesting to hear other peoples experiences.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 GuestGuset

Hi, did you ever get your delivery? I am in the same situation now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

I rang them. It took them 30 minutes to answer my call...

However, the guy on the other end of the line then arranged delivery to happen on a particular day.

The call centre is based in England I think and they deal with Argos and Sainsbury's queries for the UK. The Irish arm of Argos is like the poor relation to all of this, they don't answer Twitter questions and the stores themselves often don't know what exactly is going on with online orders.

Keep ringing them is the advice I'd give.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 emanresu123

Anyone have experience of Argos home delivery?

Been told the delivery will be tomorrow between "9AM and 5PM". (Very helpful Argos!)

Do they contact you on the day a little time before they deliver? Or is it a case missing work for the day and wait for them to show up?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

They won't narrow it down. I had delivery booked and figured they wouldn't be there at 9 so wasn't too stressed when I got home at 9.08 from the supermarket until I found the note. I'd missed them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

They also have an account on Ebay, they were pretty slow to dispatch but eventually got what I ordered.

• Advertisement
Advertisement