Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to get bow repaired... Help

• 24-10-2013 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭

hi all,

my bow needs new string and I don't no how to do this as only new to archery so looking for some shop or somewhere close to me that can do it for me?

im based in bray co Wicklow so looking for a place Wicklow Dublin area where I can get this done?

if anyone can help me it be great thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

You can buy strings from the web easily enough as long as you know what you want. Archery Shop Ireland is based in Blessington; Shooting Style is based in Trim. If you belong to a club someone there may make strings. So you have a few options.

A string is normally referenced by the length of the bow it is used on. The material it's made from needs to be known and suit the limbs .... Dacron (B50) or one of the Fastflight materials. Also the number of strands, your choice of centre serving material. These last two need to match up to the size of the nocks you are using (they generally are one of two sizes).

Might be easiest to take the whole bow to a shop....................... :)

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sinno

Hi all,
    Is there anyone in Waterford,i need a 55lb compound bow strings replaced and a 65lb compond bow adjusted

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Welcome to the forum sinno. I can't help you with your query but if push comes to shove I think Keith Hanlon of ASI would be able to help. He's based in Valleymount, Co. Wicklow.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

Advertisement