Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where would one take up archery?

Options
  • 10-09-2003 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

Hi, just a quick question for you all. I've only done archery a few times whilst on adventure weekends and the like but i was wondering about joining a club. I currently live in Dublin so are there any clubs in the Dublin area or Wicklow? Just interested in taking it up, though i never really looked into it before. v enjoyable i have to say.

And on a second point, how long have you all been doing archery, and do any of you compete or is it just a hobby. just interested.

Slàinte

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭shock

If you go to:
    http://www.toxophily.com
    you'll find a list of clubs around the country.
    not sure if there are any in wicklow.
    if you're looking for a club in dublin i'd recommend Dublin Archers, you'll find info on them and others at the above site.

As for how long I've been doing archery, not even a year. As for competing, i've shot at a few college competitions but mainly its a hobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Dakeyras

cheers shock, exactly what i was looking for. Thanks :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

There's one in Bray... Is that listed on the website? I think it is but if not lemme know and I'll give you the details.

I hope to get a list of all the clubs in the country put up here so that people can goto their local one and take a look etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭shock

Had a look at the toxophily site didnt see any sign of a club in bray, but some have names like "sportslink" and only give an email address.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Woodbrook Archery Club

Bernie Barry
    Willie Power

E mail
    woodbrookarcheryclub@hotmail.com

They train in St. Brendan's College, Woodbrook, Bray, Co. Wicklow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement