Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

a few questions

Options
  • 16-10-2003 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I'm hoping that someone could help me answer a few questions that I have.......
    1. to be a recognised coach one would have to have.......
    2. I would like to get some info on the IAAA, insurance and cost

Thanks

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Originally posted by NUIG
    I'm hoping that someone could help me answer a few questions that I have.......
    1. to be a recognised coach one would have to have.......
    2. I would like to get some info on the IAAA, insurance and cost

Thanks

1. you would have to.... wait until a sylabus was actually decided on. I myself am waiting for this too. I've been coaching a long while but that's only from my own experiences. I would love to learn to do coaching properly.

I've been told that the Sylabus has been agreed upon but that the format etc of the coaching has not. That's what is holding it up.

2. info on the IAAA, you'll find some here: http://www.toxophily.com/iaaa/home.htm. This is the IAAA hompage. Unfortunately it's not been updated in a number of months, from what I can tell. I don't know the details of the IAAA insurance policy other than the fact that they have us insured.

Student Rate is 45 euro for the year January to December. Wait until November and you'll get November and December for free, so I'm told.

The IAAA doesn't have a seceratary at the moment as far as I'm aware so I really dunno what's going on whith them.

Still haven't gotten my membership card and I paid up months and months ago. 8/9 months at least!!

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

Some people have already qualified as coaches.. I have my Level 1 coaching cert from the IAAA... the exam was at a Dublin Archers shoot some stage last year.. Pat Denning came up with the exam if memory serves....

Regards

Ewan

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

*was left in the dark*

I was asking Chris Kinsella about it and he said it'd be quite a while before they'd be doing one again.

It's a pity. I would have gone for the coaching thing for sure.

:(

Advertisement