Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,546 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Good result

Yeah I prefer the €1500 sitting in my account than Ryanair’s account

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Is there an hope of getting a voucher for a scheduled flight of you have a medical condition that puts you in a high risk category?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭Caranica

Gael23 wrote: »
    Is there an hope of getting a voucher for a scheduled flight of you have a medical condition that puts you in a high risk category?

Highly unlikely, they will argue that people with medical conditions are responsible for their decisions to fly and perhaps shouldn't have been traveling in the first place.

Caranica wrote: »
    Highly unlikely, they will argue that people with medical conditions are responsible for their decisions to fly and perhaps shouldn't have been traveling in the first place.

Covid 19 wasn’t in Europe at the time I booked my flight in February. I wouldn’t have otherwise .

• Registered Users Posts: 40,091 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Covid 19 wasn’t in Europe at the time I booked my flight in February. I wouldn’t have otherwise .

if the plane is flying they wont be refunding you.

• Advertisement

Is the change fee per leg of your journey or per booking? Not sure if it’s€40 in total or each way

This is Ryanair, they're playing games with people who are categorically entitled to refunds. I would hold out no hope that they will accommodate you, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Is the change fee per leg of your journey or per booking? Not sure if it’s€40 in total or each way

Yes, per leg, per person. Say 2 people x both legs= €160.

joeysoap wrote: »
    Yes, per leg, per person. Say 2 people x both legs= €160.

If the flight I change to has a lower fare can the difference be offset against the change fee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Nope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭limabromac

If the flight I change to has a lower fare can the difference be offset against the change fee?

Definitely not. !

Is this your first time flying with ryanair ?

Ryanair keep your money if you change your mind and make more money if you change your flight.....and then they make you wait 3-4 months for a refund of your money which they debited instantaneously when you booked your flight which they cancelled due to the pandemic....that's how they do business...

You have made me smile though with your questions on this rainy Monday morning so thankyou..

limabromac wrote: »
    Definitely not. !

Is this your first time flying with ryanair ?

Ryanair keep your money if you change your mind and make more money if you change your flight.....and then they make you wait 3-4 months for a refund of your money which they debited instantaneously when you booked your flight which they cancelled due to the pandemic....that's how they do business...

You have made me smile though with your questions on this rainy Monday morning so thankyou..

It’s my first time not being able to go on a flight I had booked

• Registered Users Posts: 7,856 ✭✭✭Patser

Patser wrote: »
    Yep, had similar 'success' yesterday after trying the Ryanair chat again. After months of waiting hours on it with no connection, was almost caught out to be chatting after 15 minutes. Requested refund, they said ok, and got an email very soon after - but that says will be refunded as soon as possible, which in Ryanair speak could be anytime

Just an update on this 'success'

Got an email last week, apologising and saying I'm still in the queue for a refund - so for a flight cancelled in March, that I made contact about at start of June after being patient, I'm still waiting for a €1k plus refund.....:(

BTW I also contacted CAR at start of June, and have heard nothing from them either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭ Peter Important Dishcloth

Then it’s a matter for your travel insurance, not Ryanair.

It’s my first time not being able to go on a flight I had booked

When did you book the flight?
    When is the flight for?
    Have you booked travel insurance with flight disruption as an extra?
    People can still fly you just need to take more precautions as Ryanair have advised...
    Believe me i am not defending them... They have put me and thousands of people through the ringer to get their money back and they have blamed the govt and not followed any rules of the EU..

if you have an underlying illness that affects you pandemic or not you need to have booked flight disruption insurance and give a strongly worded medical letter from doc to your Insurance to claim from them now that you cannot/may wish not to travel and also try the same letter to Ryanair to see if they will allow refund or free flight change...

When did you book the flight?
    When is the flight for?
    Have you booked travel insurance with flight disruption as an extra?
    People can still fly you just need to take more precautions as Ryanair have advised...
    Believe me i am not defending them... They have put me and thousands of people through the ringer to get their money back and they have blamed the govt and not followed any rules of the EU..

if you have an underlying illness that affects you pandemic or not you need to have booked flight disruption insurance and give a strongly worded medical letter from doc to your Insurance to claim from them now that you cannot/may wish not to travel and also try the same letter to Ryanair to see if they will allow refund or free flight change...

Booked the flight in February which is this Saturday June 27th and returning Monday July 6th.
    I have insurance but not sure what is covered as regards travel disruption

Booked the flight in February which is this Saturday June 27th and returning Monday July 6th.
    I have insurance but not sure what is covered as regards travel disruption

Corona virus was definitely in Europe in feb.. according to the WHO European Region, COVID-19 surveillance was implemented 27 January 2020. As at 21 February, nine European countries reported 47 cases... and everyone was watching China and the developing situation as it had been in the news since December....

Ring your travel insurance and check the details if you are covered...
    check on Ryanair if you can move your flight to whenever you wish to travel...

Contact your doc to get a note to to say it isn't advisable for you to travel as you have a high risk medical illness..

However, if it's just that you don't want to travel then you will have to forfeit your money or pay for a change...

Patser wrote: »
    Just an update on this 'success'

Got an email last week, apologising and saying I'm still in the queue for a refund - so for a flight cancelled in March, that I made contact about at start of June after being patient, I'm still waiting for a €1k plus refund.....:(

BTW I also contacted CAR at start of June, and have heard nothing from them either

My flight was in March, I contacted them in March and I'm still waiting. I also contacted CAR in May and nothing from them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,856 ✭✭✭Patser

Oooh!

Just got another email saying refund is processed and has been sent back, should show in account in next few days depending on bank - almost bang one months since flight was cancelled, but at least it's on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭IdHidden

We had flights that cost 618 euro booked from Italy to Ireland in July, for a planned family holiday that we had to cancel due to COvid19. Ryanair sent us an email saying they had changed the departure airport and asking us to accept the changes or apply for a refund. So we selected a refund and yesterday I got an email from Ryanair saying

"I acknowledge receipt of your recent refund request. We confirm that your refund request has been processed back to the form of payment used to pay for your booking"

However they only refunded 50 euro !!!!!!

What can we do? I get no answer from their phone line or the live chat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

IdHidden wrote: »
    We had flights that cost 618 euro booked from Italy to Ireland in July, for a planned family holiday that we had to cancel due to COvid19. Ryanair sent us an email saying they had changed the departure airport and asking us to accept the changes or apply for a refund. So we selected a refund and yesterday I got an email from Ryanair saying

"I acknowledge receipt of your recent refund request. We confirm that your refund request has been processed back to the form of payment used to pay for your booking"

However they only refunded 50 euro !!!!!!

What can we do? I get no answer from their phone line or the live chat.

did you book incidentals like seats or bags after you had booked the flights? they may have refunded seperately if it was a seperate payment

short of asking them why it was only 50 theres not much else can be said

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭IdHidden

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    did you book incidentals like seats or bags after you had booked the flights? they may have refunded seperately if it was a seperate payment

short of asking them why it was only 50 theres not much else can be said

Thank you for the reply, yes we had booked seats which cost 50 euro, so maybe this is what happened. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭deeobrien

deeobrien wrote: »
    A friend of mine got her Ryanair refund by getting on to the chat and requesting it (funds hit her account this morning). So I said I would try it today. I had submitted my initial refund request back in March (both flights had been cancelled). I got emailed a voucher a few weeks back but I didn't accept it.

Opened up the chat today. Was waiting about 15 mins and an agent arrived. She said she would request the refund and let them know I wasn't accepting the voucher. I should get an email confirming the request in the next 48 hours. She couldn't give me a time frame for the refund .

Here's hoping!

I got my initial confirmation email the same day as I requested the refund via chat.

Two weeks later on the 19th June I got an email saying that my refund request had been processed and that the money would be in my account 5 to 7 days later. When I checked the credit card looks like it actually arrived on the same day.

Happy out to finally have gotten my refund. Seems the only way to get it is to go onto chat and request it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

I have no idea how people are getting through on Ryanair chat. I eventually gave up after waiting 50 hours a while ago (not a typo) and have had no luck since either.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Curiousness99

I got a refund eventually for a flight booked 15 March (or thereabouts). A few days ago. Flights were cancelled by Ryanair eventually. I complained about 6 weeks back

Was beginning to think I’d never get the cash back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭davehey79

refunded this morning for 3 flights from April so whilst it wasn't quick at least its refunded. hope all get sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭davindub

Has anyone any luck in actually contacting Ryanair?

Phone number - doesn't work
    Chat - doesn't work
    Online complaint form - constantly says they are too busy.

Anyone any idea how they are handling flight changes or refunds due to the need to quarantine on our return?

Interesting if you try to change flights on line, they are currently charging flight difference (unless lower, no netting off of difference either) and have increased their change fees from the advertised 60 to 65 per flight.

davindub wrote: »
    Has anyone any luck in actually contacting Ryanair?

Phone number - doesn't work
    Chat - doesn't work
    Online complaint form - constantly says they are too busy.

Anyone any idea how they are handling flight changes or refunds due to the need to quarantine on our return?

Interesting if you try to change flights on line, they are currently charging flight difference (unless lower, no netting off of difference either) and have increased their change fees from the advertised 60 to 65 per flight.

From 10 June, customers who book to travel in July & August will be able to move their flights with zero change fee to travel until the 31 Dec 2020. This flight date change will only apply to the route customers have already booked and trips must be completed before the 2020 year end.

If the flight is going and not cancelled then you will not receive any refund...
    If it's rescheduled to more than two hours with ryanair you will be given a chance to accept this change or apply for a refund...

Chat works best early in the morning maybe 6am...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭davindub

From 10 June, customers who book to travel in July & August will be able to move their flights with zero change fee to travel until the 31 Dec 2020. This flight date change will only apply to the route customers have already booked and trips must be completed before the 2020 year end.

If the flight is going and not cancelled then you will not receive any refund...
    If it's rescheduled to more than two hours with ryanair you will be given a chance to accept this change or apply for a refund...

Chat works best early in the morning maybe 6am...

Got through to them at 6.30 am...

They offered me a free change (by email) because they changed the flight.

But customer service are adamant that it only applies to changes to +1 -1 day of the original flight, but they don't have flights every day so the next best applies....

Small claims time I think...

• Advertisement

• Their seating allocation engine put me in a middle seat right beside a stranger on a nearly empty flight.
    I moved seat when it was clear that the plane was nearly empty.

Advertisement