Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Buying from JYSK during lockdown

• 10-06-2020 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

So, I purchased a home while on lockdown. I'm a FTB and have no furniture to call my own. Found that jysk had some reasonably priced items that I liked the look of sk I ordered approx 600 euro worth of mainly shelving. The deal is, that when you order, it is only that, an order. Until the items are shipped the money is not removed from your account as some items may be unavailable.
    Also, pandemic happening means I was happy to wait. Eventually, all money removed from my account and I get a call saying my delivery coming tomorrow between 1030 and 1430. I had it delivered to a family members house as I have no room in my current accommodation. So I plan to be there when it arrives to check it.

Next day, I get a call from family member stating they have been and gone an hour early so dont come over. They sent me delivery docket and picture of items. Not even half my order had been delivered. I was invoiced for all items but only 4 on delivery docket. Tried calling them immediately ( and every working day since) and apparently you can be number 1 in a queue for up to 1.5 hours. I have emailed. I have gotten no reply. Seeing a lot of things on social media that indicates it's not only me. I either want my items or I want a refund. What can I do if I cant get any communication established? What's the next step if I literally cany get an answer? If I'm not getting these things I'll just order from somewhere else but I'd like to know one way or another.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭- bo -

I don't have any answers or help for you unfortunately, but I will add that JYSK have come across as very amateur in any of my dealings with them so far.

I ordered stuff a few weeks back to collect in store and they just send you a normal typed out text from a normal phone, nothing seems automated about it. It's just a normal 087 number and then exact text is "Order ready for collection at Jysk store Navan thanks"

That's minor though. Ordered a garden table 2 weeks ago and there was no facility to ship to store with this particular product, only home delivery. For €44.99. Got an email last week to say it's shipped. I like to track goods when I order so I can make sure I'm here, and especially for something like this as it can't exactly be left behind the bins. But instead of automatically getting a tracking number, their FAQs say you have to call them to get it. That doesn't make sense to me. Anyway -

Called last Friday - sorry, we are closed. It was just gone 3.50pm. I looked it up and it said they finish at 4pm, so obviously they'd clocked off early.

Called again yesterday - sorry, we are not on phones all day today as we're focusing on only emailing people.

Called again today - sorry, we are too busy so we won't be answering your call. No queue or anything, just a straight out can't answer it.

Call the local store, but they have no access to tracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ladystardust

Thanks for your reply. Sadly the only way I got any reply was by being angry in social media which I hated doing. I eventually got my packages this week but I'm fairly certain it was due to the relentless cajoling. I'm moving house next weekand I needed the items as I won't be at that address and was not confident that they would change my address.

Just to update on these jokers, I tried a 4th phone call today.

Their phone lines are now open 9am-1pm Monday-Friday.
    But closed completely on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

So, phone lines open for 12 hours a week.

P*ss takers...

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ladystardust

I got a second delivery and it was missing one item. I am back at square one. But would recommend going on social media if you can. I got an update within 24 hrs of my post. Although many others didn't

Cheers for the reply ladystardust. I emailed them, and got an automated reply saying it may take 3-4 days for them to get back to me.

But they did reply soon after and said the courier they use doesn't facilitate tracking numbers. So it's a case of waiting til the product comes into the country from Denmark, then a local courier calls me to arrange delivery.

See, this would be so much easier if they'd just stated that from the beginning...

Rant over :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement