Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Only fools and horses work

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I don't mind work, but I would like a job that doesn't try to kill me through stress and overwork. If I see a job spec with phrases such as "fast paced environment", "multitasking", "SLAs", "KPIs", and so on, I find myself saying "no, no, no" without realising.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 51,485 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

“6.2 million. We’ve had worse days.”

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

During the 1939-1945 conflict with Germany

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

branie2 wrote: »
    During the 1939-1945 conflict with Germany

Don't mention the war!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,228 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

I have to include this - Boycie's laugh :

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Cake Man

I love the show but let's be honest... it has dated quite terribly now. Then again, show me something that hasn't in 40 years.
    I remember watching an episode on the telly about a year or so ago where Delboy was taking the p!ss out of Boycie calling him a "Jaffa" and putting on an obvious lisp (basically implying he was gay). This was a recurring theme in the show with many instances of homophobia which would have been perfectly normal back in the 70'/80's. I'm not one of those PC types by any stretch but I remember being a bit taken aback thinking BBC (or whatever channel it was on) will probably be hit with a barrage of complaints. To be fair the show did an excellent job of summarising the culture and way of living at the time - homophobia, casual racism, nobody having a pot to p!ss in and struggling to make a living, pub culture etc. Also loved how in many of the pub scenes they'd be playing songs that were top in the charts at the time in the background.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

What's a NEET?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Only fools and horses work
    Like to horse around during work?

Black Swan wrote: »
    Like to horse around during work?

A naff attempt at humour, guvnor.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I laughing GODLY laughs right now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

Raconteuse wrote: »
    What's a NEET?

"Not in Education, Employment, or Training"

Unemployed, in other words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

I'll devote a hour or two to practicing my new classical guitar piece.
    Now do classical gas!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

It’s a good show, it’s cool to watch as a look back at what London was like but watched it with some non-English/irish a while back, it really is so English, their accents are mad hahah.

It’s not that hilarious but it’s very watchable. It’s the kind of show you watch with a smile on your face, a lot of the punchlines and gags are very outdated but has an appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭tastyt

Like most good shows they dragged the arse out of it.

Call me sexist but the show died when del and rod were broken up by casandra and Raquel, 2 poor and very unfunny chatacters.

Thats where the best of the duckin and divin finished and the show went downhill.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

... and Del Boy "returns"
    Del Boy returns! Only Fools And Horses star Sir David Jason is 'looking forward' to meeting fans as he prepares to get into character at upcoming event

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7643485/Del-Boy-returns-Fools-Horses-star-Sir-David-Jason-meet-fans-one-event.html

Guess David Jason is taking a page out of Del Boy's book to make a some money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

... and Del Boy "returns"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7643485/Del-Boy-returns-Fools-Horses-star-Sir-David-Jason-meet-fans-one-event.html

Guess David Jason is taking a page out of Del Boy's book to make a some money.

Cushty (rubs hands)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

No the jokes just fall flat or aren’t funny, but they have a certain quaint charm.

Advertisement