Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Winning lotto ticket

• 19-09-2019 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭

So you've won the Euromillions on Friday night all €190m of it !

Youre sitting on your couch, its 9.30pm and you have the winning lotto ticket in your hand.

The lotto offices dont open until Monday at 9am.

What do you do next ? Where do you put the ticket ? do you think you'll sleep over the weekend ?

will you drive to Dublin or take the Train/Bus ?

Not interested in what you do after handing in the ticket just what happens beforehand !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

Shelflife wrote: »
    !

your bank manager would open the bank for you and apply a substantial overdraft for the weekend with the ticket in the vault

• Registered Users Posts: 8,155 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

i don't usually check the ticket till a couple days later, when I'm over the shock of it all

• Registered Users Posts: 12,198 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Nice try OP. That ticket is staying nice and safe.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,313 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I use the app so wouldn't have to worry about the ticket. I would spend the weekend spending money I'd have on Monday and figuring out how to leave work without arousing suspicion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Go on a, massive sesh staight away so when I finish I don't wake up until monday morning then straight to Dublin. Train as I don't drive cause even though I'd have no problem getting a lift not one person would know until I got confirmation from the head office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Youre sitting on your couch, its 9.30pm and you have the winning lotto ticket in your hand.

What do you do next ? Where do you put the ticket ? do you think you'll sleep over the weekend ?

Not interested in what you do after handing in the ticket just what happens beforehand !

Like I'd tell anybody my secret lotto ticket hiding place.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I would PM a lovely guy on boards, antodeco, with my address, and get him to come around, so I could share the wealth with him as a 2 person syndicate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Sign it.
    Ring Lotto to confirm numbers.
    Put it in my wallet.
    Try to get some sleep.
    Get train to Heuston.
    Luas to Abbey Street.
    Collect ticket.
    Go back home.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,198 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

valoren wrote: »
    Sign it.
    Ring Lotto to confirm numbers.
    Put it in my wallet.
    Try to get some sleep.
    Get train to Heuston.
    Luas to Abbey Street.
    Collect ticket.
    Go back home.

Fourth one aint going to happen.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Yester

Make a note of the serial number and then eat it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Initial reaction would be to projectile vomit I'd say, not sure about anything else after that, probably become a paranoid mess..

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I would record myself burning it in the fire and upload the video online

your move KLF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Put it in a condom and eat it, then poop it out in my bank managers office Monday morning.

He’d happily wipe for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,647 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I use the app so wouldn't have to worry about the ticket. I would spend the weekend spending money I'd have on Monday and figuring out how to leave work without arousing suspicion.

I actually wonder if playing via the app is a bad idea. Think about it, they like to announce where it was sold and the shop involved gets a windfall. None of that with an app...

As for leaving work, that's easy... here's my plan:

- Tell NO-ONE
    - Sign ticket (or as I do it via the app too, none to sign!)
    - Call Lotto HQ the next working day to confirm
    - Take a few days AL from work. 2 weeks if possible
    - WAIT a week or so until the media attention has died down
    - Go in casually during a working day and collect. Naturally I'll take the anonymous option
    - Deposit money and hole up in a nice hotel. Get financial advice
    - Come back to work and hand in your resignation saying you got offered another job and are taking it. Work out your notice. You'll never see 99% of these people again anyway, but why deal with the hassle of "new friends"
    - Leave and enjoy life! To throw people off say you won <whatever the next local lotto prize was - like 500k or something>. That way you explain the new house/cars, but not so much to be tortured with begging or the aforementioned "new friends!"

The number of people who would know the truth in my case I can count on one hand. I'd look after a few people but most of the money would be saved/invested anyway so I can live off the interest and setup a nice fund for my son and his (future) offspring

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Straight to the pub.
    Sleep in the pub.
    Breakfast, lunch and dinner in the pub for the weekend.
    Would have to get someone to drive me to Dublin on Monday as I'd be too hungover. Probably hire a fancy car and chauffeur for the day.
    Then back to the pub after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

What do you do next ?
    Sh!t my pants with the excitement.
    Where do you put the ticket ?
    wouldn't leave my possession
    do you think you'll sleep over the weekend ?
    Very well knowing I have no work EVER AGAIN
    The Bus. I paid for my leap card for the year. May as well get the benfit of it. Plus. Rockin up in a limo will ruin any chance I have keeping anonymous

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Make a cup of tea and throw on the late late.....actually, lets live large, a pot of tea.

Go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for this all to blow over.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Make a cup of tea and throw on the late late.....actually, lets live large, a pot of tea.

Love it, that generally made me burst out laughing. Maybe even break out the good biscuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

I'm now panicking about what to do with my winning ticket. It's a serious worry, because there is no doubt whatsoever that I will win this €190 million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

It's a Friday night, I would probably just order pizza, and have a cold beer.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Love it, that generally made me burst out laughing. Maybe even break out the good biscuits.

The McVities Rich Tea, not the store brand ones.

Love it, that generally made me burst out laughing. Maybe even break out the good Shortbreads.

FYP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Be very disappointing to find your nannies sewing set instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I would first head to the Off License and as casually as possible buy their second-most expensive bottle of champagne, I wouldn't want to arose suspicion.

After consumption of said-champagne, I'd imagine sex with the wife would form some part of the remainder of the evening and perhaps an episode of Mindhunter on Netflix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

Get proof of address and identity documents ready.
    Lock myself in the house until Monday, have food delivered through the window.
    Make a will.
    Call in sick to work
    Probably drive to Dublin, I don't think you can collect the money until Thursday or something but get the paperwork done asap.
    Hand in notice to work, I would tell them that I hate every second of it and have no motivation in the hope they would ask me to finish immediately. Probably work the notice period otherwise so as not to arise suspicions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Sign the ticket.
    Take back up photos of the ticket.
    Get steamed - enough to help get some sleep
    Wake up every couple of hours to check on the ticket
    Get to Dublin - collect- await around of the couple of days until the cash is in the bank account
    Get out of Dublin.
    Get the financial advisers to come to me - from now on I do the beckoning.
    No need for investments - with 190mill you will make more than enough interest to live a comfortable life.
    Plan a nice holiday - private jet or first class seats, fine hotel and just chill for a few days to come to terms with winning generation altering money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Forty Seven

I'd make a wee frame, hang it on the wall and keep it for a time I might need the money.

I'd make a wee frame, hang it on the wall and keep it for a time I might need the money.

Within the next 90 days of course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Photograph the ticket, take all the serial numbers down and email everything to my other mail account.
    Sign it as cjmc alone owns this ticket.
    Throw out all the stupid receipts in my wallet , put the ticket in it and put all into my Jeans ,which I'll sleep in. Check I have change / money for tolls / parking and call the lottery to arrange a meeting in an hotel. Then all hell will break loose, I'll give some money to everyone who thanked this post :)

Advertisement