Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Oddest booktitle of the year

• 08-07-2017 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭

I’ve been reading the Guardian late at night after working long hours and before I shut down the laptop, and came across this delightful article (avoiding any news that would give me nightmares):
    www.theguardian.com/books/2017/jul/07/shortlist-for-2017s-oddest-book-title-award-diagram-prize

There is an annual prize for the oddest booktitle of the year, and boy I don’t need any make-up remover tonight, because I laughed so hard that not a trace of eyeliner is left.

I actually didn’t know that anyone could dream up such book titles, like:

Nipples on my knee
    The commuter pig keeper
    How to avoid huge ships
    The Madam as Entrepreneur: Career Management in House Prostitution
    Oral Sadism and the Vegetarian Personality
    American Bottom Archaeology
    Reusing Old Graves: A Report on Popular British Attitudes
    Designing High Performance Stiffened Structures
    How to Poo on a Date

There are many more, and they are all real.
    Google "Bookseller Diagram Prize for Oddest Title of the Year"

Now I’m thinking about to write a book with a fetching title. I’d like to get that prize (it’s a bottle of Claret). But I can’t come up with anything at this hour.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Carry wrote: »
    How to Poo on a Date

I assume it tells you how to find a date who is into that type of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Goblinproofing One's Chicken Coop.

Off to Amazon I go.

Advertisement