Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Chatwalk - Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

Hermione* wrote: »
    Thanks! thing I may try it - my legs are probably my favourite asset ;) I do think it's a great look. Do you wear it more as a daytime thing?

Twee, the dress is so cute! Love it :)
    I do generally wear it during the daytime with short dresses or skirts and
    heels, Sometimes at night if it's the cinema or a house party but prefer it as
    a day look. They are sold everywhere river island, topshop, and especially
    if your legs are your best asset it will look great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Good job Twee on getting the what you wore today thread up and running! Didn't want to post there without a pic just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Sweet jesus just found these on ebay...

miumiu.jpg

miumiu2.jpg

Prada rrp 200pounds at 25 sterling so far and I'm the highest bidder fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Loving the new thread, Twee, thanks for posting it :)

I, unfortunately, can't put a pic up today because I spilled Lucozade all over myself so it wasn't such a good look :pac:

Ya thanks for that Twee! As soon as I get my camera fixed I'll start putting pics up. So looking forward to seeing all your styles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Ha, I tried this morning from the camera on my mac but too much of my embarassingly messy bedroom got in the shot so didn't put it up. I also looked like a rabbit in headlights so not a good look either :) Next time

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I'm broke, why am I on eBay buying dresses?? :pac:

I blame the internet encouraging shopaholics!

I find stores opening late is a killer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

I lost my makeup bag while out on Friday

All my makeup, bottle of perfume and a brand new bottle of sally hansen.

Devastated!

(needed support from people who may be more understanding than the OH)

Awh that's awful, It's impossible to find all your make up again
    as different stores/chemists sell different items. Is there any chance
    of finding it?

• Advertisement

I lost my makeup bag while out on Friday

All my makeup, bottle of perfume and a brand new bottle of sally hansen.

Devastated!

(needed support from people who may be more understanding than the OH)

I'd actually be so sad if that happened to me, and I don't even like make up all that much! I like what I own, and it took me ages (and a lot of money!) to get it, so I'd probably cry if it was just gone. I dropped my foundation in the toilet a few weeks ago and I was gutted for the rest of the day!

*serious hug*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Oh PT, you poor thing! That is seriously crappy, I'd be devastated!

Something similar happened to me with clothes 2 weeks ago. I put them in to a wash but I had a gel ink pen caught up in them and it burst in the machine, wrecked every single item of clothing in it. I was so sad... still am a bit :(:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Worst thing is Im going away on tuesday for 5 days and have absolutely no money for the trip itself (as in can barely afford a mcdonalds per day)...so cant replace any of it.

Michellenman...that is a total disaster. I would be totally gutted!

Did you report it or inform the places you were who might find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Worst thing is Im going away on tuesday for 5 days and have absolutely no money for the trip itself (as in can barely afford a mcdonalds per day)...so cant replace any of it.

Michellenman...that is a total disaster. I would be totally gutted!

are you going through the airport? could you get some of it cheaper in there?

(although who knows if the airport will be open with the feckin ash.. :rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

WoW, the competation thread has been brilliant at bringing lurkers out of their shells a bit. Losts of first and second posts from members with very old registration dates. Just like to wave and say Hi to ye all.

<Waves>
    Hi!:)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

I noticed this forum has been a little busier lately!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I was reading that thread yesterday. It's a great illustration of what fashion was like, especially for kids/teenagers in the 70s/80s/90s.

thread need pics tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I totally agree. :)

Actually, a lot of what is being described is a more extroverted version of what people wear today.

• Advertisement

Yep. Youngsters today, no sense of adventure!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

i searched and searched for an example of the awful shoes i used to wear but they appear to have been banished from internet memory for their awfulness.

janeybabe wrote: »
    I totally agree. :)

Actually, a lot of what is being described is a more extroverted version of what people wear today.

Lol I know who would ever have the thought the 80s look was gonna be back! I understand bringning back boho, rockabilly etc that makes sense but the 80s gear... denim shirts are all over campus now its horrible!

My friend are loving the 80's look so wrong!

It's actually mad 'cause I had what I called 'sticky shorts' when I was a kid and now they're in fashion apparently, wtf! Never a good look!

You know you are old when you see the same fashion come around again for the third time. :o

It's total madness, I couldn't believe it in river Island the last day they have loads of 'boyfriend blazers' which are basically blazers with the sleeves rolled up and shoulder pads! This is the stuff that I laugh at whenever I watch VHI best of the 80s and out of nowhere everyone starts wearing it like it's really cool and nice! If I'd gone around wearing one from a vintage shop last year people would've looked at me like I was a freak, this is one big problem I have with fashion in general, people wearing what they're told it's ok to wear and not thinking for themselves. Thats includes wearing what's fashionable regardless of how well it suits your shape etc just because it's what the magazines are telling you to wear. Lemmings syndrome I call it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

OldGoat wrote: »
    You know you are old when you see the same fashion come around again. :o
    I knows! I has been sad ever since I first noticed the early 1990s grunge look coming back. Since I already did it in my early teens, I can't bring myself to repeat it! :o

My first fashion memory, right here:

Man, how I loved those shoes!

Oooh, look at you with yore shiny new Mods badge! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

OldGoat wrote: »
    Oooh, look at you with yore shiny new Mods badge! :D
    'Tis a lovely accessory, no?! Goes with all my outfits :D

Advertisement