Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ikea FYRTUR (Blinds)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Very limited sizes though, I have 2 x double doors would love to put these on, but not the right size.

Pity you cant resize them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Very limited sizes though, I have 2 x double doors would love to put these on, but not the right size.

Pity you cant resize them

One of the clips there shows them being cut down to size. Doesn't look a difficult job, bit of patience and some sharp tools and away you go...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Yeah, saw that, but the biggest size is 140cm wide, I have 2 double doors that are 176cm wide, so it's a wider one I need.

I wonder are the kinds themselves made up of same component parts as their standard blinds, so you could maybe look at moving the motor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Yeah, saw that, but the biggest size is 140cm wide, I have 2 double doors that are 176cm wide, so it's a wider one I need.

I wonder are the kinds themselves made up of same component parts as their standard blinds, so you could maybe look at moving the motor.

The 140cm limits it somewhat, have wider windows here than that.

It does look a simple enough construction if you could get the component parts although I wonder would there be a weight limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭slicedpanman

These look great.
    I wonder would the blind work at an angle of 40 ish degrees, with some sort of guide rail at the edges for the weighted bottom bar?
    Could be perfect for the velux style windows we have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭paulbok

Only the blackout blind available, no sign of the opaque version.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭paulbok

paulbok wrote: »
    Only the blackout blind available, no sign of the opaque version.
    I see both are available now.

Has anyone seen the opaque one yet? How much privacy does it give from outside, especially at night if a light is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,179 ✭✭✭✭ted1

They had them in store yesterday but no remote to demo them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Anyone else find it it strange they don't include screws or is this the norm from ikea now?

Are these mains powered ?

- I see they are not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,670 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Anyone else find it it strange they don't include screws or is this the norm from ikea now?
    You need to select appropriate fixings depending on what surface you are mounting to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Bluefoam wrote: »
    You need to select appropriate fixings depending on what surface you are mounting to.

For any surface you'd think they would include them tho for how much your paying for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,670 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    For any surface you'd think they would include them tho for how much your paying for it.

Well.... are you going into timber; gyspum; conctrete; how deep are you driving the fixing; how much space is available; are you using a rawl plug; and expanding gypsum anchor; a gypsum retainer; are you applying them by hand; with a bat drill; a driver?

Are you going to whine if Ikea provide fittings that aren't suitable for your application and then the things fall down due to your incompetence?

Just asking...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,583 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

paulbok wrote: »
    I see both are available now.

Has anyone seen the opaque one yet? How much privacy does it give from outside, especially at night if a light is on.

IKEA opaque blinds offer pretty much no privacy at night.

I have one in my kitchen (standard blind), and while I can't see out, anyone can see in at night.

It's full-blackout or nothing unfortunately when it comes to privacy with IKEA blinds.

Anyone any idea how long it will be until they offer white/beige versions?

I don't fancy gluing a beige version over it and would prefer to buy it pre-made.

Advertisement