Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

A bit sneaky of Tesco on this one. Previous offers had boxes of pampers and more pampers in each box. They now have bags of pampers with less in the bag, but the offer price is the same:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.

How is it sneaky? Its not like you cant see how many is in the box until you get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Jimdagym wrote: »
    How is it sneaky? Its not like you cant see how many is in the box until you get home.

Sneaky price rise. Less in box/bag for more money and then touting it as a bargain:rolleyes:. If you want more examples have a lookj at the Tesco thread in Consumer Issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭stoofer

Could some of the fortunate souls who got TV bargains post up the model no.s?

Did anyone have any luck in Tesco Wilton?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,660 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

mfceiling wrote: »
    TESCO RATHFARNHAM

Load of freeview set top boxes for €5 on the right as you go through the door - opposite the chilled food section.

Marked as UK on them - do they work down here?
    TV Start T1020HD will get saorview picture and now/next €10 in Lucan

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tweety11

I was happy to get a Toshiba 32BV512 in Coonagh.......also a tesco cordless screwdriver with 30 accessory pieces for €2!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Sneaky price rise. Less in box/bag for more money and then touting it as a bargain:rolleyes:. If you want more examples have a lookj at the Tesco thread in Consumer Issues.

Or it could be the manufacturer charging the same for less in the box to Tesco.

IMO there is no such thing as a sale item, the prices are artificially hiked on these products and then reduced down too there normal selling price.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 drink_milk

Does anybody know the model of the BT phone that is currently on sale in Tesco?
    I believe there were 3 handsets and the answering machine. All for €29.99.
    Was hunting for Pampers and forgot to check it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,289 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Tweety11 wrote: »
    I was happy to get a Toshiba 32BV512 in Coonagh.......also a tesco cordless screwdriver with 30 accessory pieces for €2!

where are the screwdrivers? any drills?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭little man disorder

stoofer wrote: »

Waterford Tramore Tesco

Sony Bravia 42" kdl42ex410 (Me)
    Samsung 40" ue40eh5000k (GF)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

drink_milk wrote: »

I saw a triple pack of BT 1500 a few months back, think it was the only triple pack instore.

On the Duracell 2 battery charges, there seem to be 4 barcodes and 4 products, 1700, 2000 and 2300 amp (?!) batteries in the chargers, it seems the 1700 is the only one scanning at the sale price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

stoofer wrote: »

Tesco Clarehall

Sony Bravia 42" kdl42ex410

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

KP Frisps are BOGOF, and the bags themselves have 100% extra free
    24 bags for €2.49

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Om nom nom Frisps...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭prancer

Tesco Nenagh
    Toshiba 42'' Telly €200
    1 left

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Moyglish

prancer wrote: »
    Tesco Nenagh
    Toshiba 42'' Telly €200
    1 left

Gone!

Just rang them there and the lady I spoke to said there was only ever 2 in stock today and she said the last one was bought at 6pm :(

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

Tesco Nenagh
    Toshiba 42'' Telly €200
    1 left

Hi Prancer, where you able to get one by just ask in store if they had any available? or where they out on the shelves?

sarah88 wrote: »
    Hi Prancer, where you able to get one by just ask in store if they had any available? or where they out on the shelves?

it was out on the shelf over by customer care, had a yellow sticker on it. I'd say they probably had more in stock though because one person was taking one out of the store when i was in the shop and the other was still on shelf in box. Hadn't gone anywhere at 6 today anyways. If you want it the electrical manager is very good- he kept me a tv before, if you ring it might still be there :)

If anymore come about i'll post up! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

There was an epson printer in Balbriggan today, not the 450 model but no price on the shelf. There was a yellow circular sticker on it but the price was rubbed off. I asked a member of staff to check the price and he said it was €59.99. I asked is that a reduced price, got a flat 'dunno'. I pointed out the yellow sticker on it again got a 'dunno its scanning at €59.99 now'. I couldn't see the price that came up on the till, so I have to take him at his word. I didn't have time to go rooting around so just left it. But he had a hand held scanner and was checking printer inks and printer prices so someone might get a bargain.

I did however get a grand pair of ladies knee high boots, flat, reduced to €17. Very comfy and a decent leg width (normally my calves don't fit into boots thanks to years of dancing as a kid! But I can fit in them and tuck jeans or leggings in too!) Loads of other ladies shoes and boots reduced including some of the sensitive sole range which I find are very comfy.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Beadyeye

Stopped by tesco rathfarnham and lucan stores today. No UK freeview or saorview boxes in either.... ;(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

image.aspx?src=22377.jpg

just got this in Tesco in Douglas, it was the only box on the shelf in the "reduced to clear" seasonal aisle section (across from the frozen food) when i scanned it, it told me "contact staff for details" so since the tills were quiet i asked,

it scanned at €10,

i have seen the smaller version on Amazon for £16

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

drink_milk wrote: »

I got the 710 for €10 a few days ago. The 750 was €, I think? that had an answering device. both double handsets

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

Any tv deals in cork?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Beadyeye wrote: »
    Stopped by tesco rathfarnham and lucan stores today. No UK freeview or saorview boxes in either.... ;(

Lucan still have them- when you go in the main door just to the right (aka in the clothing section- not their excuse of an electricals section. Still a tenner (well they were yesterday evening. Around 15 left. Did you ask at customer service (if there was someone there that is........)

Has anyone spotted/ bought any TV bargains in any of the Limerick Tesco's lately? (other than the Nenagh store)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Has anyone spotted/ bought any TV bargains in any of the Limerick Tesco's lately? (other than the Nenagh store)

Yes the staff did :D

campo wrote: »
    Yes the staff did :D

Like most other stores unfortunately. Did you manage to pick up any?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Like most other stores unfortunately. Did you manage to pick up any?

Nope I tried the crescent and coonagh roundabout one with no avail, I say from this entire thread I maybe have got 2 thing

Tesco Limerick never seems to have these deals

campo wrote: »
    Nope I tried the crescent and coonagh roundabout one with no avail, I say from this entire thread I maybe have got 2 thing

Tesco Limerick never seems to have these deals

Ah that's lousy! Think I will be up around the area at some stage today was hoping to grab a bargain or two... but it's not looking likely by the sounds of it!:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Mr Bob

Tesco Nenagh
    Toshiba 42'' Telly €200
    1 left
    what model is this?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement