Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The witless guffawing of the Dublin native (Mod warning in op)

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,350 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Sorry to hear that Gus, it can be grating on the ears. I actually apologize on behalf of the whole city to yourself and your lovely ladyfriend. It's a curse this accent, and I'm actively trying to cultivate a neutral, rte newsreader tone, I keep making a bollix of it mind, apparently I can't and don't pronounce the letter H. Pain in the ole it is.

Story Harry.. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Mr Von Bismarck has a habit of starting threads and barely coming back to comment on them.

He knows we all are aware his stories are all made up and he's really a neckbeard in his mom's basement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

I am the last person in the world who would have anything good to say about the Dubs but to be fair I find people from other parts of the country can also be obnoxious.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 21,936 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Mr Von Bismarck has a habit of starting threads and barely coming back to comment on them.

He knows we all are aware his stories are all made up and he's really a neckbeard in his mom's basement.

Mod

There are already 2 mod warnings in this thread about name calling (post 44 and 66)

Cards will be handed out from now on to anyone who does it again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Mod

There are already 2 mod warnings in this thread about name calling (post 44 and 66)

Cards will be handed out from now on to anyone who does it again

Ooooh a card. Somebody get a load of the tough guy here.

Aongus is clearly a bellend. I know the sort. Bullied in school as he was "good with colours" and "not in to sport". Ended up with a chip on his soldier and a 40 year old German girlfrend with a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp. That ain't name calling. It's a fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Well that showed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Oh Aongus. I read as far as "Withering on" and I did a double take. What is it supposed to mean?

"Withering on" is like "Blathering on".... only its more posh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

I genuinely hope that everywhere you go your experiences are ruined in a similar manner.

And they will be, because you think you're better than everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

dd973 wrote: »
    I was in a pub called The Liverpool (in Liverpool oddly enough) and there was a table of these **** in the pub on a weekend or day trip, about seven of them, a couple older, the rest middle aged and younger and even though they were all sat closely together they were all making this cacophonous din of roaring at each other and laughing in the most put on and extreme Dustin the Turkey voices imaginable.

It was so put on it was cringeworthy.

It's funny as well how these types of Jackeens think they're the embodiment of 'Oirishness', back in the early 20th century it was country folk like Collins and the second generation like Connolly and Larkin who did most of the heavy lifting.

You were over watching LFC, chanting in a Liverpudlian accent surely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

he's really a neckbeard in his mom's basement.

Damn Americans

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

People being reprimanded for winding up in response to a wind-up? Surreal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 21,936 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Ok I think we're done here. Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement