Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

supplementary welfare allowance-rent deposit queries.

• 10-08-2020 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Hi. My landlord is selling the apartment. I actually have until next January. But because of trouble caused directly or indirectly by my flatmate, I am happy to move.
    Iam receiving HAP and on disability. I am looking for help with rent deposit through SWA.
    How long usually would it take before I hear back from them?
    Is there a limit to the amount they will give?
    A requirement on the additional form is utility bill/rent book/mortgage repayment
    Leaving aside mortage repayment, is this a utility bill/rent from my current abode?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,301 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Why would you get SWA for a deposit?
    Your current landlord will return your current deposit

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭steve66

I didn't give him a deposit. I have bee in the apartment for 11 years. I paid the original owner a deposit. She couldn't pay the mortage. A few property management companies took it over, then last year it was bought out. The amount
    I need now is about 4 times what I originally paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭wifey28

steve66 wrote: »
    Hi. My landlord is selling the apartment. I actually have until next January. But because of trouble caused directly or indirectly by my flatmate, I am happy to move.
    Iam receiving HAP and on disability. I am looking for help with rent deposit through SWA.
    How long usually would it take before I hear back from them?
    Is there a limit to the amount they will give?
    A requirement on the additional form is utility bill/rent book/mortgage repayment
    Leaving aside mortage repayment, is this a utility bill/rent from my current abode?

Maybe it would be more appropriate to stay on until jan and save for a deposit?

Getting money for a deposit isnt typically something SWa will do unless its a homeless situation, and even then it isnt a given

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭steve66

"Getting money for a deposit isnt typically something SWa will do unless its a homeless situation"
    Really. I wonder why social welfare gave me the form. I also spoke to HAP, asking same questions I asked.
    But, wait, It was SWA who helped with first deposit. I know this because they told me recently.

Advertisement