Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nelo v others

• 02-10-2010 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

What are your personal preferences of these boats?

I paddle a vanquish 3, what do you think of the equivalant plastex, vajda zedtech etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Zedtech predator all the way!!!! cheap too . ..

Although the epic legacy is pretty nice, too expensive though . ..

• Registered Users Posts: 48 dubes

vanquish is clearly better.
    look at the medals

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Zuppy

dubes wrote: »
    vanquish is clearly better.
    look at the medals

Nothing to do with the paddlers in them. (Tongue in cheek).

ZuppyLurk wrote: »
    Nothing to do with the paddlers in them. (Tongue in cheek).

Everyone paddles them so everyone who wins is in one cos everyoe is afraid to rty anything else just i case . . .it kind of makes it fairer in a way when everyone has the same boat!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭leftism

Everyone paddles them, because the top guys paddle them.

And the top guys paddle them because:

1) Nelo sponsor all Junior world champions with a new boat. So they get most of the top guys when they're still young and they tend to stay with them for the rest of their careers.

2) Nelo have a far better competition service and athlete support than any other manufacturer. No other company looks after their athletes like Nelo.

Mostly because Andre Santos does his job so well! In the last 10 years Nelo went from being a relatively small time boat manufacturer to the number 1 company in the world for flatwater and marathon...

For example, just take a look at videos from Sydney Olympics in 2000. Almost the entire K1 field paddled Plastex Destroyers... Now you'd be lucky to see one plastex K1 in a major final.

It has very little to do with the boats themselves though. In fact i would still say some of Plastex designs are better (especially their crew boats). But when you can't even rely on Plastex to make a boat in the right colour or even at the correct weight, you start to look elsewhere for your boats!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Johny 8

Has any tried the newish Elio sprint or the new predator? I think the
    Two of them are in around 2400. Whats the retail on a vanquish 3 marathon?

Johny 8 wrote: »
    Has any tried the newish Elio sprint or the new predator? I think the
    Two of them are in around 2400. Whats the retail on a vanquish 3 marathon?

New predator is lovely, same as vanquish 3 really but a lot cheaper. marathon vanquish 3 comes in around €2900 i think, predator for 2k.

Yeah Tony but has anyone got a predator here yet?

Yeah Tony but has anyone got a predator here yet?

yeah theres a few in the country, i've paddled one, it feels the exact same as the vanquish 3 to paddle. IMO its as good a boat.

Where are they? Are they the exact same as the vanquish?
    2k you say?

• Advertisement

Where are they? Are they the exact same as the vanquish?
    2k you say?

A few lads in salmon leap have them and a few in thomastown, you'll see them at the races. More or less exact same as the vanquish, 2k.

Advertisement