Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

So I'm deleting this from my PS as soon as i get home tonight and installing my new European edition, I've been playing with a Korean version and as i mentioned above after an hour or so I'm getting disconnected from the servers.

Anywho just thought i might get you guy's thoughts on a character build. I had been using the Knight until now and if I'm honest didn't really have too much trouble with him, until WT turned black the other day and i was owned by nearly every black phantom i came across. I see from the booklet that the Royalty Character get some kind of rare ring from the start,(another benefit of an English version) what ring is this?

I enjoy playing as a melee character but was only beginning to understand the magic is also essential part of the game (first time I've ever played an RPG)

Thoughts?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

weiland79 wrote: »
    So I'm deleting this from my PS as soon as i get home tonight and installing my new European edition, I've been playing with a Korean version and as i mentioned above after an hour or so I'm getting disconnected from the servers.

Anywho just thought i might get you guy's thoughts on a character build. I had been using the Knight until now and if I'm honest didn't really have too much trouble with him, until WT turned black the other day and i was owned by nearly every black phantom i came across. I see from the booklet that the Royalty Character get some kind of rare ring from the start,(another benefit of an English version) what ring is this?

Tells you the ring you get.
    http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/royalty
    I enjoy playing as a melee character but was only beginning to understand the magic is also essential part of the game (first time I've ever played an RPG)

Thoughts?

I would recommend being a lady. Very handy when farming souls. "I'm a lady"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Did Boletaria with Pure Black Tendancy last night, and killed myself a few Black Phantoms. Was on my mage, and i got a load of heavy armour :( Also, Firestorm is ridiculously overpowered. Killed Garl Vinland in 5-3 in like 3 hits, all of which knocked him down. Stupidly easy.

Going to try some soul farming on 4-2 with PBT, and try get base stats up a bit. It's annoying still having the same leather shield that i got at the start of the game.
    I see the archstone for the Bol castle is white again. Why is this?

sh!t now stonefang is white again i'm guessing because i killed the Demon with the clear soul.

Just so you know, if you are playing Online, your World Tendancy will shift back toward the average server tendancy (usually white). If you want to farm some Black worlds, do it in Offline mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Boletaria in PBWT is tricky in particular that bit with the 2 fat ministers.

If you've completed world 4, the place to get souls is start off at 4-2 boss archstone, take out the manta's in 4-3 and work your way back through 4-2, much easier to ambush there and the BP dual katana is much easier to handle via sneaking and fire storming or soul suck if you have it.

firestorms great but hard to predict where the pillars hit. I've taken out 3 players with it and other times ive missed all 3.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, those two fat ministers cause my some trouble, but i killed them by coming from the other direction on my 2nd attempt. Didn't get stuck with the two of them, 3 archers and the knight. On 4-2, those Manta's are still pissing me off with my Mage though. My Soul Ray spell seems to miss them most of the time, and timing it is bloody awkward. Much easier with my Knight and the Compound Bow.

Is there any way to increase your chances of getting invaded? I need to try and get my worlds back to pure white, as there are some good rewards for mages in pure white (venerable saints armour for example).

• Advertisement

If you wipe out the manta's in 4-3 and then turn back and go through 4-2, they won't be there.

Note that Once you've finshed a world you can't be invaded on it. As for increasing chances, just wait around Favoured invading worlds seem to be 1-3, 2-2, 3-2, 4-1(possibly 4-2), world 5 only been invaded twice and that was on 5-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

whats levels are you all and whats your build?

Well buying the EU version did absolutely no good. I was disconnected from the servers in the record time of 12 minutes into the Boletarian palace.

Totally gutted after deleting my Asian version and all my progress. Checked the Namcobandai forums and the last thread about it is back in October of last year and no one seems to have a solution.

Signed

Not a happy camper:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Well buying the EU version did absolutely no good. I was disconnected from the servers in the record time of 12 minutes into the Boletarian palace.

Totally gutted after deleting my Asian version and all my progress. Checked the Namcobandai forums and the last thread about it is back in October of last year and no one seems to have a solution.

Signed

Not a happy camper:mad:

I've over 15 hours gameplay now and haven't had one disconnect. Do you have any problems with other games online?

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    I've over 15 hours gameplay now and haven't had one disconnect. Do you have any problems with other games online?

Never, 30mb UPC connection everything else i play is perfect. A message comes up that Demons Souls is unable to connect to servers and that i should check www.namcobandaigames.com/eu but as i said there is no help to be had there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Decided to play this again tonight, forgot how melancholy it was though! To counter this i decided to play a happy playlist i had on itunes consisting of the strokes on other various artists, works a treat!

EDIT: Is there even any point in me taking on the Armor spider without any fire res armour?

Decided to play this again tonight, forgot how melancholy it was though! To counter this i decided to play a happy playlist i had on itunes consisting of the strokes on other various artists, works a treat!

EDIT: Is there even any point in me taking on the Armor spider without any fire res armour?

The Armor Spider is a piece of piss with the compound long bow. You don't even have to get close to her,just stay near the entrance and snipe her from there.

In regards to the brass telescope and the Jade hair ornament. Have they any other uses other than to give to the dude in the tree,or should i keep them for something else?

Brass telescope is redundant once you get a bow. Never used and it and never heard anything of it. Jade hair ornament is important if you want a certain trophy
    Keep talking to Stockpile O'Shaughnessy and he'll eventually talk about his daughter and ask for the jade hair ornament, then he'll give the ring of herculean strength, its the only way to get that ring and comes in handy at times

Brass telescope is redundant once you get a bow. Never used and it and never heard anything of it. Jade hair ornament is important if you want a certain trophy
    Keep talking to Stockpile O'Shaughnessy and he'll eventually talk about his daughter and ask for the jade hair ornament, then he'll give the ring of herculean strength, its the only way to get that ring and comes in handy at times

Ring of Herculean strength received. Nice one!

The 2 things you want to give to crow(dude in tree) is the talisman of god and gold mask, you get colorless demons soul for those. Upgrade the kris knife with those to bump up your magic power big time. Makes a relatively weak magic user pretty decent.

I tried to put down the talisman but for some reason he won't take it, he has taken everything else so far. I'll try the Goldmask now and see how i get on.
    Is the Kris blade the same as Kris knife?

No definately won't take the talisman. He took the gold mask alright though.

Must've used it already if its giving you nothing. List below of what crow gives in exchange.

Yeah kris knife crap as a weapon but it boosts your magic attack, kris knife in 1 hand, talisman\wand in the other, ring of magical sharpness and old monks headgear can almost treble your magic damage.

Soul Remain 10x White Arrows
    Augite of Guidance 10x White Arrows
    Shard of Mercurystone 10x Full Moon Grass
    Chunk of Mercurystone 10x New Moon Grass
    Pure Mercurystone 10x Dark Moon Grass
    Shard of Moonlightstone 20x White Arrows
    Chunk of Moonlightstone 40x White Arrows
    Pure Moonlightstone White Bow
    Shard of Faintstone 5x Shard of Archstone
    Chunk of Faintstone 10x Sticky White Stuff
    Pure Faintstone 3x Stone of Ephemeral Eyes
    Jade Hair Ornament Regenerator's Ring
    Brass Telescope Fragrant Ring
    Large Sword of Moonlight Ring of Devout Prayer
    Phosphorescent Pole Ring of Magical Dullness
    Silver Coronet Storied Hero's Soul
    Silver Bracelet Storied Hero's Soul
    Talisman of God Colorless Demon's Soul
    Gold Mask Colorless Demon's Soul

When upgrading weapons the sharpstone, hardstone, etc. don't need to in your inventory, they can be with Stockpile Thomas and you can still use them?

Felt like a tool today when I was running back and forth from Ed thinking I had more with Stockpile :D

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Fresh2000

this game is so cool... I have just hit platinium in my US version and thinking about doing it again with EU version, even trying to swap with someone in that swapping thread.

to everybody that are frustrated, more you play easier it gets... as well check speedrun video on youtube where one guy do it in under 1 hour, it is sick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Fair play for having the time and patience to finish it four times or whatever you need to do to get a platinum trophy...

• Advertisement

5-2 has to be the most headwrecking stage in this game. Must have got lost and got poisoned about 100 times. Sometimes I get lost and run into a BP with a meat cleaver and sometimes I run into 3 big ogres with clubs. Can't wait for this part to be done, I'll never be entering it again.

Try it on pure black world tendency, its great fun then.

Thiefs ring is your friend here you can sneak past most of the enemies in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    3 big ogres with clubs..

They' re proper annoying alright, hated that level when i first played it.

I finally got through it and have every boss but the False King killed. I'll get him down to just below half his health and then he'll tear me apart. So I decided to go to body form and get some help... Invaded 3 times :D. Anyway is anybody still playing this and want to give me a hand with the boss later on tonight? Be much appreciated.

Could never figure that out with the EU edition, they loved invading 1-4, suppose it makes sense with the dragon but anyways never got invaded there in the US or Asian edition, once maybe.

Maneater is wrecking my head, even after killing one of them before entering the fog gate I keep getting killed by that stupid tackle move he has, it's impossible to avoid. Either that or I roll/run off the edge:o

At least it's not far to run up to the boss battle in 3-2, I'm now an expert at backstabbing the red squid head thing in such a way that I kick him over the side

Stick to the middle section and keep the flame in the middle beyween you and him, should be able to outmaneuvre and get him from behind.

Stick to the middle section and keep the flame in the middle beyween you and him, should be able to outmaneuvre and get him from behind.

Yeah I think I went from being too aggressive and dying too much to being too afraid of him and not doing enough damage. And still dying:) I'll give him another go tonight. Is it better to hit his tail section or the main body or does it matter? Any tips for avoiding that tackle move where he dives at you??

Whats your build?, magic, melee, a mix of both? Safest and longest way is upgrade the sh1t out the winged spear(best reach) and stabl him through the fire. If you keep the fire between him and you rolling\doding shouldn't be an issue to dodge the tackle. As for the tail, it can be tricky to target and get, knocking it off stop his power up attack.

• Advertisement

Whats your build?, magic, melee, a mix of both? Safest and longest way is upgrade the sh1t out the winged spear(best reach) and stabl him through the fire. If you keep the fire between him and you rolling\doding shouldn't be an issue to dodge the tackle. As for the tail, it can be tricky to target and get, knocking it off stop his power up attack.

Melee and ranged at the moment, I've already got the winged spear:D. Went for the quality route with it a while back but regretting it now as I'm having trouble finding clearstones. What upgrade route would you recommend?

I've also added soul ray which does reasonable damage considering my magic stats, and I have a sticky compound long bow.

Advertisement