Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst thing you or a classmate did in school

• 03-08-2020 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭

I think the worst thing I did was when I picked up a classmate half my size and gave him an Undertaker Tombstone onto the concrete floor. He ended up getting a concussion and I got a bollocking from the principal.
    The worst thing I saw someone do was fake an epileptic fit. He was expelled for that act of stupidity.

What's the worst thing you done or seen someone do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Kamu

I think the worst thing I did was when I picked up a classmate half my size and gave him an Undertaker Tombstone onto the concrete floor. He ended up getting a concussion and I got a bollocking from the principal.
    The worst thing I saw someone do was fake an epileptic fit. He was expelled for that act of stupidity.

What's the worst thing you done or seen someone do?

Two lads set the guys toilets on fire by accident. They were setting toilet paper on fire and one thought it would be great idea to set the roll in the holder on fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

Kamu wrote: »
    Two lads set the guys toilets on fire by accident. They were setting toilet paper on fire and one thought it would be great idea to set the roll in the holder on fire.

In our school, one lad did it on purpose. He was mentally disturbed. It was a bit scary to see the teachers trying to put the fire out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Febreeze

I went to a mix school. The lads caused more nuisance than the girls but I won't lie, it was entertaining.

One lad kicked his foot through a window of a door because he found out the girl he was seeing in another class was seeing a guy in his class. The guy got punched around and the girl ended up leaving the school after Christmas. That was dramatic I must say. The lad didn't get suspended or expelled. A slap on the wrist and that was that.

A different guy was obviously bored and as one does, decided to smoke weed in the toilets. Nothing out of the ordinary as my school just had that constant smell. He was expelled straight away but I think they were gunning to get rid of him as he was an absolute torment.

It was my last month of school before we let off to do study week before the leaving certificate and one lad wanted to make his mark on the school and give them something to remember. The home ec teacher had her favourites (you know the ones) make chocoalate cakes and brownies and the rest. This lad, was part of the favourites group and well taught it was funny to lace the brownies with weed. The one time I didn't turn up to school and that happened. I was raging I didn't get to see the outcome but from what I heard, the Home Ec teacher was in tears when she found out and the principal, who's wife had just passed away and I'm sure he wasn't in the humour for this carrying on, just strugged his shoulders.

I'm out of school 10 years and last I heard they ended up shutting the school down, not too long after I left, due to unpaid rent (?, I'm not sure if that's true but the actual building has been closed for years) and moved to another location so I'm not sure how it's going now.

Ah but it was fun times though.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lollsangel

Went to a mixed vocational, this was back in the 90s. Quite regularly lads would go down to the payphone on the road and ring in bomb scares. Classes would be evacuated, rooms searched but nothing ever found.

However we had one f$&king idiot who rang it in from the schoo payphone. Guy was arrested, school searched...ultimately he was expelled
    Thought it was the normal in schools but talking to other people apparently it wasnt

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

One of the local scummers decided to tell the principal that his mother had cancer so he was going to miss a good portion of the school year to support her. The twat never thought to get his sister in on it (who was also in the school). When a sympathetic teacher asked the sister as to the progress of the cancer in her mother she was 'Wha??'.

Dick got suspended and was subsequently convicted as a drug dealer. Whole family were scum to be fair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Fella pulled a pocket knife and threatened the fella he was sitting next to
    Another pulled a lad on a leaning chair knocking him off, then the knocked off fella thumped in class and knocked out the fella who pulled the chair
    someone threw a flaming piece of paper in middle of a class
    Phantom ****ter - random places in the school was a pile of poo - classroom, gym, hallways/assmemblies etc...never caught

Fella in the year or two above, flung a fifty pence piece at a teacher, got stuck on his neck - and the teacher was never back again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

Fella pulled a pocket knife and threatened the fella he was sitting next to
    Another pulled a lad on a leaning chair knocking him off, then the knocked off fella thumped in class and knocked out the fella who pulled the chair
    someone threw a flaming piece of paper in middle of a class
    Phantom ****ter - random places in the school was a pile of poo - classroom, gym, hallways/assmemblies etc...never caught

Fella in the year or two above, flung a fifty pence piece at a teacher, got stuck on his neck - and the teacher was never back again

A 50p piece got stuck in his neck? Had your man sharpened the edges first or wha?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Musefan

Around age 10, a group in class decided to pretend one child had been left behind somewhere after getting back from a trip. They were actually hiding in the classroom. The teacher was older, in her 60s and obviously took it bad. She looked stricken, absolutely terrified and was on the verge of having a panic attack as she told someone to go and notify the principal. I couldn’t have it on my conscience so I told her where the child was- got ostracised as a result which never really fully resolved all the way through second level.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,831 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

In keeping with the OPs wrestling theme, we used to play WWF in the field at lunch. 4 younger kids had to be the “corners” do that the wrestlers could stand on their backs and do dramatic jumps onto their opponent. I was a corner one day when this guy got his mate in a sleeper hold. He evidently did it too tight for too long, because the guy in the hold went limp. He was unconscious on the ground for a minute while we all panicked, but then he came too. He went home, and when he came back a few days later, the whites of his eyes were all totally blood red, and stayed like that for weeks. Wrestling ended after that.

One guy in my class in 2nd year took out a big hunting knife, cut a lock of hair off the guy sitting in front of him, and proceeded to stab on the desk it in a “satanic” ritual right in the middle of religion class. He was chanting all this gobbledygook, and invoking Satan to kill the guy on a specific date. The substitute teacher we had just told him to cut it out and put the knife away. On the date in question, the target of the curse didn’t turn up for school, and we were all a bit freaked out, but it turned out he just had a cold. The guy doing the ritual shot all his school books up with a crossbow he bought via a mail order catalogue (this was pre-internet days). He was actually a very sound guy, but if it was today he’s be in care or locked up.

A guy in another class got picked up by a group of his mates in his birthday and thrown in top of the coat racks in the cloakroom. One of the hooks got him in the groin and he lost a ball.

I’ve loads of horrendous stories from school, but most of them involved teachers. I’ve 3 kids in primary school now, and the idea that they could experience anything like the stuff I saw going on is just totally unimaginable. Different world now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Had an irish teacher with a lisp and a dodgy eye and really long fingers who would talk weird at us. Anyway I threw a trout at him ( was fishing the day before).
    Bevause he had no idea who was looking at he didnt know who threw it and I got away with it.
    Not proudest moment in me life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭harr

Had a traveller with us in 6th class , he was a few years older than us and a big lump of a lad but decent enough and was always handy at the more physical school yard games.. ..anyway we were taught by an out and out bully of a Christian brother who liked inflicting pain for fun that all stopped the day he thumped the traveller in the side of the head.. he barely flinched and jumped up and proceeded to kick lumps Out of the teacher, gave him a good going over and then just left the class room didn’t see him or Christian brother again.
    It was never acknowledged by the school or spoken about only between us in the class..while it was a bad assault I did enjoy seeing the fear in his face..

The whole football field had ‘*****’ burnt into it with weed killer. I won’t speculate as to the culprit.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

We used to have a thing called "polling" it was in the yard outside the school and involved a group of lads and the baskeball shoot. They would grab a fellow student and charge at the upright pole of the basketball shoot with the person laying flat while been carried but his two legs held apart by part of the group. His testicles would then come in close contact with the pole thus the term polling. Believe it or not but it usually only happend to you if you were popular!

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

I stood on some bullying ***** head got suspended for a while ****er left me alone after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,831 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

harr wrote: »
    we were taught by an out and out bully of a Christian brother who liked inflicting pain for fun that all stopped the day he thumped the traveller in the side of the head.. he barely flinched and jumped up and proceeded to kick lumps Out of the teacher, gave him a good going over and then just left the class room didn’t see him or Christian brother again.

There was a guy in the year behind me in Primary school that got put out in the corridor for messing in class. This bollix of a trainee Christian brother - who was probably only 19 - that used to hang around our class far too much came along and saw yer man outside the door. Instead of leaving the kid to his punishment, he gave him a slap across the head as he walked past. The kid jumped on the Brother, knocked him to the ground and laid kicks into him, breaking his arm. No action was ever taken against the kid, who obviously attained legend status immediately. And the Brother, while he still hung around being a prïck (with a cast on his arm), had his cough softened significantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

I get suspended for farting in a mechanical drawing class.

I got suspended for getting a hair cut.

I also got suspended for drawing tits on the blackboard.

All fairly tame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

During non-uniform Fundraising day in school, in the art class I put poster paint on all the cheap plastic stacking chairs. All my classmates pants were destroyed. Felt sorry for the ones who were unaware it was a non-uniform day and turned up in their £60+ uniform The chairs would have dried on paint splatters already so nobody noticed it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭saabsaab

I get suspended for farting in a mechanical drawing class.

I got suspended for getting a hair cut.

I also got suspended for drawing tits on the blackboard.

All fairly tame.

I thought you get in trouble for not getting your hair cut?
    and suspended for an interest in birdwatching?

What kind of schools did you go to?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I remember one classmate squeezed another classmate's nutsack until he bled. The teacher screamed at him outside the class for doing it, roaring "DO YOU REALISE THE DAMAGE YOU DONE??"

Luckily no permanent damage was done as the classmate who had his nuts squeezed is now 40 with 4 kids :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

There was a lad in our school, always in trouble, just didn't want to be there at all. In fifth year, he decided he had enough. There was one teacher, we called her Pocahontas because she looked the exact same, crazy attractive and no doubt the image of many a teens wet dreams. Anyway, on a certain day he decided he had enough, waited for the class with her. Got up half way through the class, said out loud that he was sick of school, went up to her, grabbed her by the tits and walked out the school gates never to return. This was mid-90's so nothing more came of it. He's been in and out of jail since, not even sure if he's alive anymore tbh!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Its not really bad as in violent but if I was caught I would have been in serious bother.

I cheated in my leaving cert. Almost all subjects if I remember

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

When I was in primary school a teacher had a fit in the class, while he was on the ground two pupils rained kicks into him while another robbed his wallet. They didn't realise.that a Christian brother from another class that was directly overlooking our class seen the whole thing. Needless to say they were beaten senseless. Their all dead now. One was stabbed to dead and the other two died from overdoses in later years.

Also in primary school one winter there was heavy snow fall, the school at the back of our school decided too have a snowball with our school. But the didn't realise that our school were wrapping snow around stones and rocks. That led to the guards calling to the school.

In the secondary school I was in, the maths teacher was almost raped in the womens toilets by two pupils, they were actually arrested. Another two pupils tried to robbed the vice principals car, they were suspended.
    The science teacher was stupid or too trusting that he left the class alone for twenty minutes, the classroom was on the second floor all his glass test tubes went sailing out the windows, the school never replaces them.
    I have loads of memories of my time in school, but one that always sticks out is. There was this chap(we became good friends in later years) who was sent over from another school he was two or three years older than the normal class and nearly twice the size. And way I always loving a challenge, got into it one day in class(slagging) and realising that after school he was going to battered me beyond belief, I took the huge t-square that was on the mechanical drawing board and after a few whacks eventually broke it over his head, but alas it didn't do the job because the big fu¢ker used me as a punch bag. Needless to say we were both suspended.
    I must admit I hated school when I was young but looking back it really was quite adventurous.
    The two above school cease to exist anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

I went to all boys school and frankly, they were fcuking animals. Someone took a dump in another lads schoolbag, but they couldn't prove it was him.

And in line with some of the posts here, a lad got expelled for deliberately setting fire to the toilets. Wasn't his first attempt in getting expelled. I felt bad for him as he was bullied, and he clearly came from a troubled family. Even one of the teachers called him out one day in front of everyone as his uniform was filthy (as it usually was).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

We had one teacher in secondary school who was a total pushover, couldn't control any of the classes, felt sorry for him.

One day one of the lads climbed a metal pipe (old building) that ran up the wall in the corner behind the door.
    There was a high ceiling, enough room to climb to the top and sit there above the door.
    In comes the teacher, closes the door behind him and your man dives off the pipe onto the teacher knocking him to the ground, got up and ran to his seat. Teacher didn't see who did it and of course none of us said.

Same lad/teacher were in PE.
    Your man had a basketball in his hand and the teacher asked him for the ball. He says do you really want it sir, teacher said yes of course and he kicked it full force into his face, dunno how he didn't break nose or teeth.

I stole a bottle of mercury out of a lab and poured it into toilet bowl, it was still there at the bottom of the bowl when I was leaving 2 years later.

Not proud of this one but there was a loner girl and a gay lad who maybe didn't realise he was gay yet.
    Got a Valentines day card and filled it out from him to her and put it in her bag, dunno why I did it looking back, would take it back if I could.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I also remember my first year Geography teacher who was from a traveller background
    She used to get horrendous abuse from students who used to shout "MAN" at her and mock her accent. She was gone after I started 2nd year.

set a plastic chair on fire with the class clown sitting in it.
    feckt bromine into other chemicals because sodium was locked in the fume cupboard, the school had to be evacuated.
    looked up the stand in teachers dress with a mirror on sports day!!

not me now, some fecking eejits who no doubt have bigger issues now.

all Circa 1990 in north Dublin..those were the days!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

rusty cole wrote: »
    set a plastic chair on fire with the class clown sitting in it.
    feckt bromine into other chemicals because sodium was locked in the fume cupboard, the school had to be evacuated.
    looked up the stand in teachers dress with a mirror on sports day!!

not me now, some fecking eejits who no doubt have bigger issues now.

all Circa 1990 in north Dublin..those were the days!

did they see her fanny?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭take everything

These stories are hilarious.

Are ye sure these weren't Borstals ye attended. :D

I went to school in the nineties and can't honestly say anything as bad as this happened in my place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Some lads in the year below me shat in one lad's schoolbag, that was pretty heinous.

I remember one teacher keeping a few lads in class during lunchtime for detention and basically challenging one of them to hit him. Your man promptly stood up and decked him. Wouldn't have been a rough type either.

Apart from that, the usual crap that goes on in an all boys' school in a working class area, bog roll on fire in the toilets, lads fighting and whatnot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Maybe 2nd or 3rd year mechanical drawing, was the last class on a Friday. Some of the lads were shooting paper bullets from elastic bands at each other, normal sort of stuff.
    One lad just managed to duck in time and the bullet hit the teacher in the chest. "Right, class is over. Everybody pack up you stuff and go. Not you B*********** (censored myself in case he ever reads this lol), you stay behind".

I was last out of the class and saw the teacher lamping the lad in the jaw and sending him over the desk behind. The teacher was a former Ulster boxing champion and despite being near retirement age, was still an animal. Nothing ever came of it - by all accounts, the lad held up his hands and said "fair play".

Another lad in my year was a real headcase - had a very difficult and strange family life.....father regularly in court etc. He was extremely intelligent but hated school. Was constantly in trouble and hung out with the scummers. Anyway, the last day of school before the exams he was stopped at the school gates carrying a large can of petrol. Supposedly he wanted to burn down the place. Sadly, he's dead now which is such a shame as he could have done anything - very artistic and smart.

Advertisement