Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running Hatari core in RetroArch on an nVidia Shield

• 30-07-2020 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has successfully run Hatari on an nVidia shield?

I'm just not having any luck with the setup. Followed the instructions on the libretro forum but doesn't seem to work for me.

Other emulators are working like Amiga 500, SNES, NES, Megadrive but just can't get hatari to run.

I can get it to work on a Windows platform but would like to have everything running off the shield.

Anyone tried this and managed to get this setup working?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Inviere

I only managed to get it running on Windows, & so don't have much info to help you with the Shield. It's one of the few libretro cores that doesn't seem to get much love in the form of development, & I wasn't particularly impressed by it the last time I tried it (around 6 or 7 months ago). I switched to the standalone Hatari emulator instead, & found it much better.

What exactly is the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Elwood_Blues

I've copied the TOS.img to the /storage/emulated/0/RetroArch/system/ folder along with the hatari.cfg file. (also tried without a hatari.cfg file)
    When I try and run a .st file via the load content option it just crashes back to the shield menu.

I know the TOS and .st files work as I've gotten them to run on RetroArch in windows but I have tried a couple of different TOS versions to no avail.

Might have to just try and find some other Atari ST emulator for the shield.

I presume you've gone over the official documentation? - https://docs.libretro.com/library/hatari/

Inviere wrote: »
    I presume you've gone over the official documentation? - https://docs.libretro.com/library/hatari/

Yeah have gone through that a few times now. It's the only instructions I could find out there on this.

I'll keep playing around with it for another bit but not sure if I'll be able to win this battle..

Yeah have gone through that a few times now. It's the only instructions I could find out there on this.

I'll keep playing around with it for another bit but not sure if I'll be able to win this battle..

Yeah I can only see people having issues with it on Android, and no solutions forthcoming. As I said, I abandoned it & went with standalone (for Windows)...and I try to stick to RA cores wherever possible.

• Advertisement

Well cheers for your input anyways. Guess I can play Sensible Soccer, Bubble Bobble, Speedball II & Ikari Warriors on some of the other emulators for now.

I know the Atari is not a good as some of the other systems but it's what I grew up with and have a soft spot for it..

I know the Atari is not a good as some of the other systems but it's what I grew up with and have a soft spot for it..

Absolutely, even if it's just for a nostalgia trip, it's worth setting it up.

Latest issues I could find with the android build is here (there's a few suggestions in it, but you may already have seen them) - https://github.com/libretro/hatari/issues/38

Inviere wrote: »
    Absolutely, even if it's just for a nostalgia trip, it's worth setting it up.

Latest issues I could find with the android build is here (there's a few suggestions in it, but you may already have seen them) - https://github.com/libretro/hatari/issues/38

Pretty sure it's just something with RetroArch. I downloaded Hataroid (bad name for an emulator, sounds like it needs a cream) and the TOS image works perfectly on the shield.

Guess that'll have to do for now. Thanks again for all your help

Advertisement