Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Soul Asylum

Options
  • 01-09-2019 12:38pm

I was listening to a podcast interview with Soul Asylum singer/guitarist Dave Pirner the other day (https://soundcloud.com/theafdshow). He talked about working with Kevin Smith and SA's new album, among other stuff.

I love some of their stuff (Somebody to Shove, Misery, Black Gold) and was wondering if they had ever played Ireland. Setlist.fm says they played The SFX in Dublin on St. Patrick's Day 1994 (where they covered 'Teenage Kicks' and 'Jailbreak)'. The setlist is incomplete and there is little to no information online about it.

I was wondering if anybody here was at that gig? Would anybody go see them if they came to Ireland on the back of the new album?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭dam099

I was at that gig, it was around the time they were at the peak of their success with Grave Dancers Union. I can’t really fill in the setlist much more than that, pretty sure they played all the hits off that album as don’t remember feeling anything was missed. They had a great energy back then and I really enjoyed the gig. I remember those two covers which went down well with the crowd.

I’d probably go see them again although I kind of felt the albums went downhill after Let your dim light shine, although the new one is the best in a long time and has a couple of strong tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭rainagain

I was at the gig too, won tickets on 2fm. I remember I enjoyed the gig but no idea what songs they played. I had a few of their CDs (when the parents went to the USA mid 90s I gave them a list and asked them to go to Tower records or somewhere like that, also got Collective Soul and older REM, stuff like that).

Trip down memory time...

Advertisement