Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

High end gentleman's tailors in Dublin?

Options
  • 06-08-2020 5:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭

Are there, any high end tailors in Dublin that can alter luxury clothes, i.e. take up the sleeves. Obviously I don't want to chance taking a two thousand euro coat to an average tailor, only an extremely talented tailor so that nothing will go wrong. Don't care about the cost, I am just looking for the best, award winning if possible. I'm hoping I don't have to travel to London for the best.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

loughrey wrote: »
    Are there, any high end tailors in Dublin that can alter luxury clothes, i.e. take up the sleeves. Obviously I don't want to chance taking a two thousand euro coat to an average tailor, only an extremely talented tailor so that nothing will go wrong. Don't care about the cost, I am just looking for the best, award winning if possible. I'm hoping I don't have to travel to London for the best.

Let me guess the coat is Burberry and you are trolling..

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

meeeeh wrote: »

No, why would I be trolling? I needed to know if very skilled tailors as I have a very expensive coat that needs tailoring and obviously because of its value I need a very skilled tailor who is accustomed to dealing with high end garments and knows what he's doing as it's a big risk sending any garment to the tailors, especially a high value garment. Why would that be trolling? It's a perfectly reasonable query.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

loughrey wrote: »
    No, why would I be trolling? I needed to know if very skilled tailors as I have a very expensive coat that needs tailoring.

2 grand isn’t a very expensive coat.

This one already comes with shortened sleeves, so I guess you’d save on the need for very skilled tailoring: https://www.farfetch.com/uk/shopping/men/thom-browne-4-bar-karakul-fur-chesterfield-item-13519298.aspx

Maybe post in the gentleman's club forum? They should be more familiar with high end queries such as yours. Tailors and the like. If you're lucky AVB might be around to help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

Maybe post in the gentleman's club forum? They should be more familiar with high end queries such as yours. Tailors and the like. If you're lucky AVB might be around to help you out.

Thanks Nudain, I'm a little new to Boards so I assumed the 'fashion and appearance' section would be the appropriate place to post as I had seen past tailor posts behind made here. Paul Henry Tailoring in Dublin had gotten back to me today and said it would be at least a two day job to take up the sleeves because it's a complex job with my particular coat and how delicate it is. I've heard they're one of the top tailors in the country. Was curious to hear what other people had to say as I'm not very familiar with Irish tailoring and what's out there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

meeeeh wrote: »

No need for this on thread, the report function is there, which was also used. Once is enough.

OP, did you buy the coat in-store in Dublin? Call the department and ask who their recommended tailor is, every high end menswear department has a list of tailors and dry cleaners they'd recommend. If you didn't buy in Dublin there's still no harm in asking staff in BT or the likes who they recommend to customers.

Advertisement