Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wireless Earphones

Options

Comments

I didn't really understand that article, what does not being able to hear above 18k Hz have to do with audio codecs and compression?

A Google brought up no other articles arguing the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Whatever about codecs and compression a sh*tty driver unit produces sh*tty sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

anker bluetooth headphones, someone posted bargain here last year , looking now think price is way down for what i paid but 8 hour battery, sound quality is more then enough to waste your drums, good distance as well, and you barely feel them on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

scamalert wrote: »
    anker bluetooth headphones, someone posted bargain here last year , looking now think price is way down for what i paid but 8 hour battery, sound quality is more then enough to waste your drums, good distance as well, and you barely feel them on you.

Link please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

xmas is coming and my daughter is looking for wireless headphones, now we arent going to spend apple like money on them, but any small, medium budget recommendations for a teenager, what sort of things do you need to look for, good battery life and fast recharging??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Sasso wrote: »
    Link please ?
    It's probably these ones. I have them and they're great. No ANC or anything, but the sound is great out of them and in-ear earphones block a lot of ambient noise anyway.

xmas is coming and my daughter is looking for wireless headphones, now we arent going to spend apple like money on them, but any small, medium budget recommendations for a teenager, what sort of things do you need to look for, good battery life and fast recharging??

Over-ear or in-ear? What kind of budget do you have in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

these are great bang for buck and if you keep an eye out over black friday/cyber monday they may be reduced, they were as low as £35 the last amazon sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

xckjoo wrote: »
    It's probably these ones. I have them and they're great. No ANC or anything, but the sound is great out of them and in-ear earphones block a lot of ambient noise anyway.

Over-ear or in-ear? What kind of budget do you have in mind?

ah should have said, she likes in ear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Does anybody have recommendations for in-ear phones for someone with small ear canals

ah should have said, she likes in ear

Those Anker ones are great but I still tend to reach for the wired ones if I'm only listening to music and I'm doing something where the wire won't be an issue. There isn't a huge difference and my wired headphones are pretty good so it might not be an issue. I also really like the behind the head wire on them. Handy to be able to just hang them around your neck.
    I'd definitely recommend these to anyone. There might be slightly better ones out there for a bit more but they'd be hard to beat at this price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

yeah sorry it was the ones linked, was amazed by battery plus mic, also has magnets on both sides easy to snap and put away, def worth the price, comes with plenty of different fittings and replacement rubbers.for 20smth euro think its a good bargain, but would wait till black friday or prime sales as they tend to drop price, as originally paid think closer to 25 quid last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 gledge

I can highly reccomend the samsung gear icon x in ear, have had them for over a year and use them every day. There is also a great deal through attached link, I can stand by them...despite them looking dodgy (check eglobal central discussion in boards). Make sure you get 140 and not 150 though
    https://www.eglobalcentraluk.com/samsung-gear-iconx-r140-bluetooth-earbuds-silver.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

scamalert wrote: »
    yeah sorry it was the ones linked, was amazed by battery plus mic, also has magnets on both sides easy to snap and put away, def worth the price, comes with plenty of different fittings and replacement rubbers.for 20smth euro think its a good bargain, but would wait till black friday or prime sales as they tend to drop price, as originally paid think closer to 25 quid last year.

I just bought these today, should have them Thursday (thank you Prime). My wired headphones are tangle-prone and I have a tendency to get them caught in things, so going wireless should help. I was originally going to go with an expensive pair, but hard to ignore a brand I've used (have a soundcore speaker in my car, works great and battery goes on forever) for that price...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Despite having close to 15 sets of headphones, my i7s Plus's arrived last week. Savage for the money!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭sleepysniper

Basq wrote:
    Despite having close to 15 sets of headphones, my i7s Plus's arrived last week. Savage for the money!

How's the sound quality?

How's the sound quality?
    Perfectly fine for casual listening. Not going to blow you away but heard far worse from earphones at twice or three times the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Basq wrote: »
    Perfectly fine for casual listening. Not going to blow you away but heard far worse from earphones at twice or three times the price.

I too have been following this thread as my teenage son (soon to be a college student I hope !) wabts a pair of wireless headphones (well earbuds ) for Xmas

What’s are i7s ?

I’ve seen a few wireless earbuds on amazon with charge cases etc for around 40/50 pound on amazon but I’ve never heard of the brands .......I would prefer to stick with something like Anker or Jabra as I have bought their stuff before .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Basq wrote: »

Where did you order from? Seems to be a lot of copies, even though they are copies themselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,140 ✭✭✭corkie

km79 wrote: »
    I too have been following this thread as my teenage son (soon to be a college student I hope !) wabts a pair of wireless headphones (well earbuds ) for Xmas

What’s are i7s ?

I’ve seen a few wireless earbuds on amazon with charge cases etc for around 40/50 pound on amazon but I’ve never heard of the brands .......I would prefer to stick with something like Anker or Jabra as I have bought their stuff before .

Ush1 wrote: »
    Where did you order from? Seems to be a lot of copies, even though they are copies themselves!

Been mentioned a few times in thread.

I7s Plus TWS Bluetooth 4.2 Earbuds Stereo Earphones with Charging Case

There is upgrade more expensive model and smaller in size, the i7s are not really suit to people with small ears.

TWS i9S Twins True Wireless In-Ear Stereo Bluetooth Earphones Earbuds Headset

Multiple clones on aliexpress for cheaper, but it is pot luck if you get a good brand.

https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-i9s-air-pods.html

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Ush1 wrote: »
    Gearbest..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

corkie wrote: »
    Been mentioned a few times in thread.

I7s Plus TWS Bluetooth 4.2 Earbuds Stereo Earphones with Charging Case

There is upgrade more expensive model and smaller in size, the i7s are not really suit to people with small ears.

TWS i9S Twins True Wireless In-Ear Stereo Bluetooth Earphones Earbuds Headset

Multiple clones on aliexpress for cheaper, but it is pot luck if you get a good brand.

https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-i9s-air-pods.html

got a pair of these off pigsback and they broke within 2 days and were quite ****e tbh

https://www.pigsback.com/en-ie/offer/413682/ty-direct

Bought a pair of taotronics ipx6 off Amazon and there brillent and would deff recommend them

Battery life is only 60 minutes on the i9 that’s not enough

Battery life is only 60 minutes on the i9 that’s not enough

Ouch. I can't see any situation where that would be enough for me. I use the Anker ones at work. Not actually sure if they last the full day because I charge them at lunch, but I'm getting at least 4 hours from them. Might skip the charge today as a test.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

I can also vouch the Anker Soundbuds Slim that have been mentioned here numerous times. Brilliant value.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

podge018 wrote: »
    I can also vouch the Anker Soundbuds Slim that have been mentioned here numerous times. Brilliant value.

Just got these today, very initial impressions are:
    • You don't notice cable around neck
    • Surprisingly good build quality, there's a nice heft to the ear buds themselves
    • Pairing is simple and range seems more than adequate
    • They are louder than my wired earphones that came with my phone (SKG ones bundled with S8)
    • From quick checks in Netflix and VLC on phone, there might be a tiny lag between video and audio, but nothing too annoying (and is par for the course with bluetooth)
    • The beep when you turn volume up to top is annoying (someone mentioned it earlier)

Chuffed so far, for the price especially you can't complain. It'll be interesting to see how batter life holds up.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭scoopmine

Just bought a pair of i7s for a fiver there. Can't find anywhere to say about battery life. Would I get over an hour? Kind of panic bought them!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

dulpit wrote: »
    Just got these today, very initial impressions are:
    • You don't notice cable around neck
    • Surprisingly good build quality, there's a nice heft to the ear buds themselves
    • Pairing is simple and range seems more than adequate
    • They are louder than my wired earphones that came with my phone (SKG ones bundled with S8)
    • From quick checks in Netflix and VLC on phone, there might be a tiny lag between video and audio, but nothing too annoying (and is par for the course with bluetooth)
    • The beep when you turn volume up to top is annoying (someone mentioned it earlier)

Chuffed so far, for the price especially you can't complain. It'll be interesting to see how batter life holds up.

Can you music play through them and if so what does it sound like? ;)

scoopmine wrote: »
    Just bought a pair of i7s for a fiver there. Can't find anywhere to say about battery life. Would I get over an hour? Kind of panic bought them!

TWS I7s Plus model get 90 Mins, off play time.

There is multiple clones of them, where did you order from.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭scoopmine

corkie wrote: »
    TWS I7s Plus model get 90 Mins, off play time.

There is multiple clones of them, where did you order from.

https://www.zapals.com/i7s-plus-tws-bluetooth-4-2-earbuds-stereo-earphones-with-charging-case.html

Almost regretting it now!

• Advertisement

scoopmine wrote: »

Same place and model, I have. For the price (I paid €6.60) and for what they are, they are fine. Used for short period of times, like a walk to the shop.

I also have QCY Q29 Pro that give me approx 150 mins. + 2 pairs of single S530 earbuds that I use along with Gmaps when i need to hair background sounds while driving.

Advertisement