Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ALDI SUPER 6 - Now starts Thursdays UPDATED

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

mikeysmith wrote: »
    Are they still hiding the mowldy pork chops under the good ones in those packs?

Yeh they only sell mouldy ones, best not to touch them;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭mikeysmith

Thursday's special buys lol
    https://www.aldi.ie/c/specialbuys/dates/2017-10-26?q=%3Apopular

A pile of tat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Have they gone a bit ****e with these offers in the past 6 months? For the first time since they set up in Ireland Im thinking of stopping shopping in Aldi. Prices have crept up and they are not even trying with their super six

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭mikeysmith

I've noticed an overall downward trend as a regular Aldi shopper

Switching more to SuperValu/Tesco with the money off vouchers coming in handy too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

It annoys me irrationally when the super 6 fruit&veg costs over 50c. Which has been a lot in the last year. Or "offers" like, was €4.29 - now €4. FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

I used to plan my weeks meals around the super 6 fruit and veg. Now I might pick up 1 or 2 bits. The only offer of note in the last 6 months was when they had full size cartons of blueberries for 79c. I still have loads in the freezer for pancakes. I’m finding I’m getting more fruit and veg offers in tesco now as they seem to have more of what I use in their offers (although 3 types of cabbage at the one time was pushing it!)

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Anybody else find aldi fruit and veg goes bad way quicker than super Valu or Tesco?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Anybody else find aldi fruit and veg goes bad way quicker than super Valu or Tesco?

Super 6? Or all of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭MentalMario

wonski wrote: »
    Super 6? Or all of them?

Super 6 moreso than normal stuff but even the bananas I find don't last as long

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Super 6 moreso than normal stuff but even the bananas I find don't last as long

Get the less ripe when possible.

Bananas is a specific product tbh.

I find the rest just fine, but make sure to have a look if there isn't any signs of rotting, splits or damage in the packs you buy as even a single fruit can cause a lot of damage in 2-3 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Definitely. Feels like lower grade stuff ends up in the Super 6 most of the time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,056 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Nyum Nyum wrote: »
    Definitely. Feels like lower grade stuff ends up in the Super 6 most of the time :(

Often saw staff just emptying boxes upside down into the next crate cant be good for the fruit and vegetables

• Registered Users Posts: 27,793 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Lot of it depends on the staff handling... in last week for me aldi rocket outlasted tesco rocket with same date. But have had aldi broccolli spears go off well before their date.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 CADDmaster

Defiantly goes bad quicker and I believe this is because of the length of time and temperature at which they are kept in chilled storage.

I would be very interest know exactly how long and at what temperature they are stored?

The only way to stop the fruit and veg from Aldi and to some extent from Lidl, from going rotten quickly is to keep it in a fridge at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

Any news on offers from Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

9 Nov-22 Nov

Ir Angus steak mince 5% 454g €2.79
    Ir Angus diced steak pieces 370g €2.99
    Chicken legs 815g €1.49
    Pork chops 520g €2.39
    25 day matured peppered Sirloin steak 390g €5.49
    Unsmoked twin pk Rasher 400g €1.99

All 49c

Celery 400g
    Onions 1kg
    Scallions
    Lemons 3pk
    Leeks 500g
    Aubergines 300g

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

prodsc wrote: »
    9 Nov-22 Nov

Chicken legs 815g €1.49
    Ir Angus diced steak pieces 370g €2.99
    Unsmoked twin pk Rasher 400g €1.99

All 49c

Celery 400g
    Onions 1kg
    Leeks 500g
    Aubergines 300g

Makings of a good stew/casserole there. Throw in some carrots, mushrooms, beef/chicken stock, flour and a glass of red/white wine and you'd get a hearty beef stew or chicken casserole, a little bacon would work well diced up in either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Makings of a good stew/casserole there. Throw in some carrots, mushrooms, beef/chicken stock, flour and a glass of red/white wine and you'd get a hearty beef stew or chicken casserole, a little bacon would work well diced up in either.

u98Bzwo.jpg

All joking aside, that's a good super6 - I especially like the chicken legs, they are so useful for curries.

I do get annoyed when they have so many prices on the go though

A super 6 with 6 different prices ffs

• Advertisement

123654789 wrote: »
    I do get annoyed when they have so many prices on the go though

A super 6 with 6 different prices ffs

Not a problem for me.

Beet super 6 in a good while

Does ALDI only open at 09.00 across the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

vicwatson wrote: »
    Does ALDI only open at 09.00 across the country?

Yes

Yes

Aren’t they missing out on after school run shopping with lidl opening at I think 08.00, SuperValu at 07.30 Tesco at 08.00. I think they are crazy opening so late, relatively. Were they always 09.00?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

vicwatson wrote: »
    Aren’t they missing out on after school run shopping with lidl opening at I think 08.00, SuperValu at 07.30 Tesco at 08.00. I think they are crazy opening so late, relatively. Were they always 09.00?

I think so. Remember sitting in the car park at 10 to 9 waiting for them to open when my children were in primary school. That was a long time ago :o

You can't buy alcohol in this damn country before 10 (or is it 10.30?) so makes no difference to me. ;-)

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    You can't buy alcohol in this damn country before 10 (or is it 10.30?) so makes no difference to me. ;-)

10.30 mon to sat and 12.30 on sun (right after mass)

anyone got tomorrows offers yet pls?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Cooking apples,carrot & parsnip tray,sliced mushrooms,cabbage,turnip,salad potatoes = 49c

Pork steaks(575g) ,Large chicken(1.9kg) ,matured beef medallions(380g),chicken breast fillets(500g),small ham(1kg) = €4

Advertisement