Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Civil Birth Mistake 1874

• 10-06-2019 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi all,

The following record has the wrong image attached to it on irishgenealogy.ie

Denis Birth 1874

Is there a way to somehow know by the registration ID, which births would be on the same page, so I could look for them and hopefully bypass waiting a couple of weeks for a copy of the cert from GRO.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Is this the correct image?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Cyrus T Buford

Hermy wrote: »
    Is this the correct image?

Thanks Hermy but I'm afraid not, that seems to be another Denis born the same year!

I don't mind paying 4 Euro for it!! I just hate the wait lol!! :)

There's another one with a different volume number I'll try to dig out.

Genealogy Forum Mod

How about this?

Genealogy Forum Mod

Thats it Hermy!

Thanks A million!

• Advertisement

The trick is to search the civil indexes at Family Search for another entry with same details as the one you are looking for - year, reg district, volume and page number - and then search for that record at the Irish Genealogy website.

I was initially looking at Denis Donovan 1874 Dunmanway Vol 5 Page 257 but you were looking for Denis Donovan 1874 Dunmanway Vol 15 Page 245.

Searching those criteria at Family Search the first entry displayed is for John Townsend Tuckey Vol. 15 Page 246.

Search for him on Irish Genealogy and when you get to the PDF just add [or subtract as the case may be] the difference between his page number and Denis's to the URL and that usually brings you to the right image.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Interesting! Ill take note of that for future reference!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Me too! I've just snipped it for my file. I'm sure I've gotten the wrong image before and didn't go any further. This will help greatly. Thanks Hermy.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭montgo

Hi,
    I'm also stuck. I'm looking for the death record for Catherine Marnane who died 1908 in Dublin North. I can't find it on Irish Genealogy despite Hermy's excellent explanation!

FamilySearch has
    Katerine Marnane
    Event Type Death
    Event Date Apr - Jun 1908
    Event Place Dublin North, Ireland
    Page Number 390
    Volume Number 2

Thanks,

• Advertisement

Thank you so much, Hermy. I have some other missing records that I need to locate but will use your explanation above to try to find them.

Meant to say, if you're stuck on any others feel free to post details.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Meursault

Hermy, that's phenomenal! I might need your expertise also! I'll keep the advice above in mind. Thanks

Hermy, I will hold you to that:) Many thanks.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

Here in Ireland, it's possible to get copies of wills. Is it possible to get copies of Englis wills?

New thread on this topic here.

Advertisement