Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon 4K Fire Stick back down to £34.99

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭andydurnin

Can you get ITV, BBC working on this or do you need a VPN?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

andydurnin wrote: »
    Can you get ITV, BBC working on this or do you need a VPN?

vpn

• Registered Users Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭bladespin

Speaking of VPNs what are folks using on firesticks? any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭purple hands

bladespin wrote: »

Nord Vpn, 50% cashback available through quidco

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

bladespin wrote: »
    IP Vanish , very easy to use with their App.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

OmegaGene wrote:
    Getflix smart dns

Just on this. Can you get US Netflix working on your fire stick? No matter what i do for it it's picking up I'm using a VPN. Works perfect on all other android and pcs. Just not the fire stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Getflix is useless for that.

Express VPN works for me on my firestick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭torrevieja

what Apps are people using Here ?

I use youtube, Netflix, ESPN+, WWE network, & prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭jc77

Nord Vpn, 50% cashback available through quidco

Should I use a VPN to order from NordVPN? They apply 23% tax for Republic of Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭bladespin

jc77 wrote: »
    Should I use a VPN to order from NordVPN? They apply 23% tax for Republic of Ireland

I like your thinking!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Monokne wrote: »
    I use youtube, Netflix, ESPN+, WWE network, & prime.

Are these free or are you charged?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

andydurnin wrote: »
    Can you install sky go on this? Would it work on this?

Sky go isnt available as a standalone app on Firesticks afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

torrevieja wrote: »

I don't have the 4k version of the stick, but it has entirely replaced my downloading and HTPC habbits.

Don't want to like, get an infraction or anything. But worth googling what you can do with these

FireStick has been my hub for entertainment for about 2 years now. While I've toyed with changing for an Nvidia Shield, at 1080p I just don't see any reason to change

• Registered Users Posts: 10,252 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

YouTube is free, you need to use the browser to get there right now, but standalone app is coming back thankfully. The rest are subscription services...

dulpit wrote:
    YouTube is free, you need to use the browser to get there right now, but standalone app is coming back thankfully. The rest are subscription services...

The browser is pretty good in fairness, it plays YouTube flawlessly and only takes 3-4 seconds to start up.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭mjp

Do you think this will reduce to £35 again anytime soon? On lookout for one but not in major rush for it. Looking to pick another one up for sister aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭ooter

Stb emu, all 4, YouTube, titanium tv, Netflix.
    Bought one of these to replace a 1st Gen stick in the bedroom, already noticing a big difference.

ESPN+, WWE Network, Netflix & Prime are all apps for which I have paid subscriptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 UpintheAir1

that's great value

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Does anyone stream live tv including sports using this?

Does anyone stream live tv including sports using this?

Yes.

Any idea how I can get Prime Video to work on Fire TV Stick? (I have Amazon Prime)

jc77 wrote:
    Any idea how I can get Prime Video to work on Fire TV Stick? (I have Amazon Prime)

Switch your location to the UK. You might need to contact Amazon and claim you're in the UK via Northern Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

RossieMan wrote: »
    Switch your location to the UK. You might need to contact Amazon and claim you're in the UK via Northern Ireland.

Amazon Prime video works in ROI without pretending your in UK

Just log into your Amazon account and away you go

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Amazon Prime video works in ROI without pretending your in UK

Just log into your Amazon account and away you go

Not with the Firestick which doesn't work with Prime Video Ireland. You need to either get Amazon to switch your account to the UK (which they may or may not do) or sideload the Android version of the Prime Video app.

Not with the Firestick which doesn't work with Prime Video Ireland. You need to either get Amazon to switch your account to the UK (which they may or may not do) or sideload the Android version of the Prime Video app.

Thanks, got onto Amazon & they sorted it out within a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

That's weird mine works

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭lukeeman

Regular firestick works in Ireland but not the 4k version you have to get Amazon to change your settings to uk

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

lukeeman wrote: »
    Regular firestick works in Ireland but not the 4k version you have to get Amazon to change your settings to uk

Maybe this is true now with the latest firmware but it certainly wasn’t in the past. I have had every version of the fire stick and none of them worked with Prime Video ireland.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement