Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon £5 off £25 selected accounts

• 13-01-2021 2:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,329 ✭✭✭✭

£5 off your next purchase of £25 or more - instantly.
    may only be redeemed against items sold by Amazon.
    valid only between 13 January 2021 and 24 January 2021
    Amazon UK T&C's

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

No Fiver here

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭go4it

it worked for me , on a transaction for 2 products of 25.01 each ( 50.2 total ) - if delivered to Ireland , 25 £ transforms into 20 £ for 1 product and about 5 £ deposit fees for customs. but you need at least 25 pound for the product to get the 5 pound discount . hope it makes sense...( got 2x25£ for 45£ delivered to ireland )

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

No fiver for me!

Screw you Bezos!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Thanks OP but another nothing here
    Unfortunately you are not eligible for this offer. Shop by category or check out Today's Deals below.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 West Of West

Code worked but there's a catch for Irish buyers: the £25 min spend applies to the figure AFTER they remove UK VAT but BEFORE they apply Irish VAT, it seems. For example, buying an item from Amazon as a seller at £28, UK VAT removed at checkout down to £23, code doesn't work. However, buying an item from Amazon as a seller at £33, UK VAT removed at checkout down to £28, code worked taking it down to £23, THEN it reapplies Irish VAT/import fees, P&P etc.

TL;dr: try the code again on items above £33 or so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭luvlyjubbly

The optimum seems to be if you find an item for £30

It reduces the price to £25 when removing the UK VAT, then takes off the £5 discount but adds on the import fees.

Price ends up £25.25 so £4.75 discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

Fiver off Amazon orders over £25 using code DISCOUNT5P at checkout

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Do we pay anything to Irish customs when it arrives to Ireland? I have an item which is costing 110 pounds.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Worked for me thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Do we pay anything to Irish customs when it arrives to Ireland? I have an item which is costing 110 pounds.

Thank you

Irish VAT but UK VAT should have been removed.
    No duty payable as under €150.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭djan

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Irish VAT but UK VAT should have been removed.
    No duty payable as under €150.

Is the 150 limit the price of item or the total including vat and 10euro processing fee of an post?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

djan wrote: »
    Is the 150 limit the price of item or the total including vat and 10euro processing fee of an post?

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058146415/1/#post115794451

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭RCSATELLITES

djan wrote: »

Amazon always charged Irish vat on items being delivered to the Rep. Of Ireland. So you pay what the price is on Amazon. You don't have to pay any an post fee (1% or max €10)

Bear in mind on websites that don't charge irish vat then you have to pay irish vat and an post fee. The an post fee is only €10 when the item costs €1000. 1% of an item that costs €50 is only 50 cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

Amazon always charged Irish vat on items being delivered to the Rep. Of Ireland. So you pay what the price is on Amazon. You don't have to pay any an post fee (1% or max €10)

Bear in mind on websites that don't charge irish vat then you have to pay irish vat and an post fee. The an post fee is only €10 when the item costs €1000. 1% of an item that costs €50 is only 50 cents.

Page 8 of An Posts schedule of Charges:

Customs Clearance Fee 1% of the value of the contents of the Postal Packet subject to a minimum of €10.00

https://www.anpost.com/getattachment/Terms-Conditions/Schedule-of-Charges-Price-Change-Nov-8.pdf?lang=en-IE

Page 8 of An Posts schedule of Charges:

Customs Clearance Fee 1% of the value of the contents of the Postal Packet subject to a minimum of €10.00

https://www.anpost.com/getattachment/Terms-Conditions/Schedule-of-Charges-Price-Change-Nov-8.pdf?lang=en-IE

A fee of 1% of the value of the packet or parcel, with a MAXIMUM charge of €10, is charged by An Post for customs clearance of parcels imported from countries outside the EU. This fee is in addition to any duty or VAT payable.

https://www.anpost.com/customs

Don't know who to believe anymore.

Your link is outdated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I got the GBP 5.00 discount this week on a purchase for GBP 29.63 (free postage worth GBP 4.00 above GBP 25.00)

So Amazon have deducted the postage cost GBP 4.00 and the GBP 5.00 discount and added GBP 4.06 for Import Feeds Deposit for Grand Total price of GBP 24.69 so that GBP 4.06 should cover both our VAT and Customs

Ohmeha wrote: »
    I got the GBP 5.00 discount this week on a purchase for GBP 29.63 (free postage worth GBP 4.00 above GBP 25.00)

So Amazon have deducted the postage cost GBP 4.00 and the GBP 5.00 discount and added GBP 4.06 for Import Feeds Deposit for Grand Total price of GBP 24.69 so that GBP 4.06 should cover both our VAT and Customs

No customs charges for items under €150.00 also revenue don't collect vat due that's under €6. So might get your deposit back. Only time will tell. I am waiting to see on my item from amazon with a similar price.

It's around €28 before vat is over €6

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Is this code working for anyone today? I can't find any items when using the search bar on the promo page, and items I had in my cart that were eligible when I checked last week are no longer showing eligible when I test by increasing the quantity to bring it over £25.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,329 ✭✭✭✭zell12

It has to be closer around £30 to qualify, to account for the vat removed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Shazamm

A fee of 1% of the value of the packet or parcel, with a MAXIMUM charge of €10, is charged by An Post for customs clearance of parcels imported from countries outside the EU. This fee is in addition to any duty or VAT payable.

https://www.anpost.com/customs

Don't know who to believe anymore.

Your link is outdated.

They've hit me with vat and delivery for several packages now, and are holding them - €12 each one .

zell12 wrote: »
    It has to be closer around £30 to qualify, to account for the vat removed

Nah it's the same.

If I do a search on the offer page for something general it says nothing is found:

"Showing results from All Departments
    No results for clothing in Get £5 off £25"

Same for "books", "music" etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,329 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Anything sold and fulfilled by amazon qualify

Just googled it:

"We’re sorry, the promotion has closed as the maximum number of promotional codes have been distributed."

Maybe a mod can mark as Expired?

No, "fulfilled by Amazon" items do not qualify.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/b/?_encoding=UTF8&ie=UTF8&node=22817473031&sa-no-redirect=1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

maybe it's just on the items i searched for (accessories for iphone 12), but very few items are now sold by amazon directly - the majority are sold by the manufacturer/third parties and fulfilled by Amazon.

edit : code just worked for me

ablelocks wrote: »
    maybe it's just on the items i searched for (accessories for iphone 12), but very few items are now sold by amazon directly - the majority are sold by the manufacturer/third parties and fulfilled by Amazon.

edit : code just worked for me

Weird. I still see no results when searching on the offer page.

Shazamm wrote: »
    They've hit me with vat and delivery for several packages now, and are holding them - €12 each one .

Ouch, €12 for each one. I am just going by what they say on their website but have been using addresspal for deliveries and they charge €3.50 admin fee and the delivery charge of €6.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

And people start threads saying hotukdeals of no use ..lol thanks OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭phester28

QUOTE=RCSATELLITES;115948912]
    Bear in mind on websites that don't charge irish vat then you have to pay irish vat and an post fee. The an post fee is only €10 when the item costs €1000. 1% of an item that costs €50 is only 50 cents.[/QUOTE]

The 1% of €50 is incorrect. There is a min charge, I have seen it quoted as 3.50 but also as 10 euro. I am not sure which one an post charges

All other couriers (DPD, UPS, DHL, TNT) are 10 euro min admin charge

Advertisement