Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ooni pizza ovens & accessories thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sineadismyname

Pipmae wrote: »
    If you buy the Koda 12 or Koda 16 you need to buy the 37mb one for Ireland. The gas hose and attachment is included in the box. You don't need to buy them separately.

Don't buy the 50mb or 30mb model and then the 37mb hose/regulator separately. You're setting yourself up for a problem.

Rathwood have them coming into stock if that's any help. They might be in stock before Ooni.eu.

I bought the karu today on ooni.eu but I couldn't get a 37 gas attachment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Hi, just wondering if anyone has a current friends code for the ooni website? I am interested In buying the ooni karu. Also want to buy the gas adaptor but I don't think it's in stock, they don't have the 37 and that seems to be the size for Ireland. Does anyone know if that's correct? Thanks

Yes that's correct - you have to buy the 37mb. Anything else won't connect to the patio gas sold here. It will come into stock at some stage - you just have to wait it out. You could check the .co.uk site and use something like Addresspal (just check you can with Brexit and check if you'd have extra duty charges).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

The 37mb one only came back into stock about 5/6 weeks ago and had been out of stock for the previous 2 months before that if that gives you anything to go on, I know because I had to wait the 2 months before I ordered when they came back into stock. It arrived about 10 days ago

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Sidford

Have my fingers hovering over the buy button for an ooni koda at €314 from ooni. Anyone order from them recently? Just wondering about delivery times. I know rathwood is taking pre orders for end of June so just wondering if anyone ordered recently from ooni themselves to see if it's the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭millhouse

Just used this code for a 10% discount , it worked fine : GW10%-11201

Ooni are based in Scotland. If you can provide them with your company Vat number they will reimburse you the taxes once delivery has been made. This will be another 20% refunded so more savings to be had.
    Obviously you need to be in a position to have access to a Vat number but it does not necessarily have to be yours !

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Blizzard

millhouse wrote: »

Ooni are based in Scotland. If you can provide them with your company Vat number they will reimburse you the taxes once delivery has been made. This will be another 20% refunded so more savings to be had.
    Obviously you need to be in a position to have access to a Vat number but it does not necessarily have to be yours !

OK, now I feel bad that I mentioned I ordered an Ooni Koda 12 from Rathwood earlier on this month. A friend was going to order one today and saw on their site that stock is expected in 30/06/2021 and told me. When I ordered, the they showed delivery in early May which suited me fine so I emailed them to double check on this and was advised that there is a delay and once they receive it I can expect to have it 3-5 days later--so it would be early July!. I replied that if I had known that I would probably not have ordered and could I please get a refund. I have to say, Rathwood were great and replied immediately and offered me a refund (which I should have in 3-5 business days). So, I've now gone to the Ooni site and ordered my oven, cover and a wood peel using the 10% discount code - thx millhouse! :) I got an email confirming my order and that I should have it in about 14 days.

@millhouse: Regarding the VAT number, do you just contact Ooni with your VAT number separately/by email?

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

millhouse wrote: »

This is VAT fraud! I'd very much consider not doing this unless it's a legitimate business purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Cormacs72

Anyone have a spare discount code? Had ordered with Rathwood but just got the email saying it’s being delayed 2 months. The code on the previous page isn’t working for me. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭paul-2008

Ordered a karu this evening. The discount code above wouldn't work so by chance I changed the last digit... GW10%-11202 worked for 10% off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Idunnowho

The Mulk wrote: »
    GW10%-11201
    This has worked for a few people for 10% off,

Not sure if it is still active

Thanks for the code - worked for me.

For anyone wondering about shipping times; I ordered the Karu on the 15 March, it shipped on the 19th and was delivered the 26th. In the eagerness to try it immediately we got some pre-proofed dough form The Pigeon House Delgany, just to save any extra faff on the first cook.

Well, it turned out amazing! Would nearly say that the oven has paid for itself already. Have just received a infra red thermometer today and will order a second pizza peel.

Another tip is that you don’t need semolina on the stone before the pizza. I threw some in and it literally combusted and blackened a part of the stone. Guess it would have happened eventually.

Anyway delighted with it!

paul-2008 wrote: »
    Ordered a karu this evening. The discount code above wouldn't work so by chance I changed the last digit... GW10%-11202 worked for 10% off

Ha ha you cheeky git, don't know how you thought up that one but worked for me too.

Thank you sir, just ordered it as well!

Idunnowho wrote: »

Another tip is that you don’t need semolina on the stone before the pizza. I threw some in and it literally combusted and blackened a part of the stone. Guess it would have happened eventually.

Anyway delighted with it!

I think I read either on this thread or the pizza oven thread that you turn the stone over every time you fire it up. Turns the blackness to ash which you can brush off.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Mollydog123

Thanks for that. Ordered one last night and got 10% off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭The Mulk

I ordered the Koda 12 on the 1st of March, it was shipped today, hopefully have it for Easter BH

Ordered a Karu 12 in November, still nothing. Gonna get on to the helpdesk and see if there's an update. I got a tracking number in December, but very liited details.

The OONI website says they're in stock, has anyone bought one recently? Or had one delivered in the past month or so?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Ordered a Karu 12 in November, still nothing. Gonna get on to the helpdesk and see if there's an update. I got a tracking number in December, but very liited details.

The OONI website says they're in stock, has anyone bought one recently? Or had one delivered in the past month or so?

Sons gave us a Karu as our Christmas present. They ordered in November, it arrived mid-February.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭ruddy1987

Anyone know what the position is regarding using these in public. I have a fyra and would love to try it down the beach or in some park over the summer. Is this allowed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I'd say if it is controlled and if you clean up, and it's not near any dangers, you're OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭ongarite

Another 10% discount code, UPGRADE10 seems to be working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

I ordered in Nov as well and finally got it first week of March

Dear $hifty,

Thanks for reaching out to us here at Ooni, my name is [redacted] and I'll be happy to look into this for you.

After following up with your order I can see that one of the tracking links has not moved since December. I'm so sorry that you've been waiting all this time, it should have been completed some time ago.

I've gone ahead and contacted our warehouse team to launch an investigation into the whereabouts of your oven, please bear with me while i wait for a repsonse from the team. Rest assured, if it cannot be located I will set up a new order for a replacement to be sent right away.

I'll be in touch soon

[redacted]

I had a feeling it was taking too long alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

ruddy1987 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the position is regarding using these in public. I have a fyra and would love to try it down the beach or in some park over the summer. Is this allowed ?

you could save on semolina and use the sand instead :D

I can't see there being any issues in using it in areas where BBQs are allowed. I know our local park has designated BBQ areas so wouldn't be a problem there.

Any tips on using this for the first time (when it eventually arrives)?
    Any things to buy so I'm ready to rock from day 1?

"00" flour, semolina, instant read thermometer......?

Long handled pizza peel, yeast, gas/charcoal/hardwood (kindling size).

Turns out a thermometer is not needed. Just look directly into the oven and if you smell burning and your eyelashes start melting together then it is hot enough.

I stupidly did this when over the weekend when reaching around the back of my gas Koda to turn down the flame while also checking if I was twisting it the correct way.

Pipmae wrote: »
    Oops sorry just seeing this now. I ordered 20th January and got it within 4 or 5 working days.

Ordered this yesterday. Also got the carry case and the scraper while I was at it.

got to make sure you get that 'Free' shipping by spending more money that you intended :)

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭paul-2008

Surprisingly got shipping notification this morning from Ooni for my Karu I ordered Sunday evening!! Hopefully will arrive mid next week

Surprisingly got shipping notification this morning from Ooni for my Karu I ordered Sunday evening!! Hopefully will arrive mid next week

Same as myself. Ordered late Sunday night so good turn around time infairness to them.
    Off next week as well so hopefully get a few goes at it then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

What company delivers from them and what country does it originate from?

I got message about delivery today, 2 parcels, but no email from ooni. I have accounted for all other deliveries due from other companies. Thanks

Advertisement