Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GalwayLAN Hardware

• 27-09-2008 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭

Just out of interest what network hardware are you guys running nowadays?

I've ran a few large lans in France over the last few years for about 250+ people on BYOC but understandably GalwayLAn is smaller.

Are there any larger lans run in ireland? I'd love to get back into running some lan's from the network side always found it to be a good laugh.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Just out of interest what network hardware are you guys running nowadays?

I've ran a few large lans in France over the last few years for about 250+ people on BYOC but understandably GalwayLAn is smaller.

Are there any larger lans run in ireland? I'd love to get back into running some lan's from the network side always found it to be a good laugh.

I'm not sure about what hardware they use but MidLANs is a 400 person LAN event and GameCon is reasonably big aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

We have a lot of Hardware that's been collected over the years.

Our main 2 Switches are Managed Linksys GigE's 2 x 24Ports.
    We also have 3 x FORE runner 100MB 24Port Switches
    There's also some smaller ones knocking about sumwhere.
    We recently added some Wireless N capabilities to the Lan, with 2 Buffalo WZR-G300N routers and a WRT300N available (but these are the Admins personal ones so its down to each of them to bring them along).

There should be a sticky on the forum about Hardwar, Don't think its been updated in a while.

At present we are trying to sell the old Dell Windows server (Stewie) that has run many a GL and WCG, since it was replaced by a more portable Dual core AMD Opteron™ 1216, 2.4GHz, 2X1MB box.

Advertisement