Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lightroom on new laptop

Options
  • 27-12-2020 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

I got a new laptop and I tried to download lightroom and sign in.

Its only giving me an option to pay a monthly subscription....

I bought it back in 2013 (lightroom 5)and still have the pin number ,is there any way to use this version?

Or an alternative to lightroom that doesn't need a monthly subscription.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭kalych

kingerae86 wrote: »
    I got a new laptop and I tried to download lightroom and sign in.

Its only giving me an option to pay a monthly subscription....

I bought it back in 2013 (lightroom 5)and still have the pin number ,is there any way to use this version?

Current version of Lightroom is subscription-only sadly. As such you can't download the latest version and use it by entering your key or pin.

If you manage to find a version 5 of Lightroom somewhere on the internet or use the original cd to install it then obviously you can use that version as you had paid for it. However you won't be able to upgrade to any recent version or use any of the recent features, such as have support for latest camera RAW formats.

There are plenty of alternatives to LR, such as CaptureOne or DxO Photolab for example. However, they will require a whole new license purchase.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

There are camera specific versions of Capture One which are available free though they have limited features.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭kingerae86

kalych wrote: »
    Current version of Lightroom is subscription-only sadly. As such you can't download the latest version and use it by entering your key or pin.

If you manage to find a version 5 of Lightroom somewhere on the internet or use the original cd to install it then obviously you can use that version as you had paid for it. However you won't be able to upgrade to any recent version or use any of the recent features, such as have support for latest camera RAW formats.

There are plenty of alternatives to LR, such as CaptureOne or DxO Photolab for example. However, they will require a whole new license purchase.

Thanks, I can't find any downloads for lr 5,just older versions.

I downloaded a free version of gimp but its not very user friendly.

I'll keep searching for a once off payment photo editor thats user friendly

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

do you still have the installation media for it?
    are you using LR for workflow, or just for RAW editing capability?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭kingerae86

do you still have the installation media for it?
    are you using LR for workflow, or just for RAW editing capability?

No,I moved a few years ago and lost it in the move.

Using it for workflow

• Advertisement
Advertisement