Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Day - 13th/14th October 2020

1454647484951»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

If you order off Amazon but it's fulfilled by another seller, not Amazon themselves, and Parcel Motel lose it, is there any point in contacting the seller or is PM your only recourse?

I am getting NOWHERE with PM. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Monokne wrote: »
    If you order off Amazon but it's fulfilled by another seller, not Amazon themselves, and Parcel Motel lose it, is there any point in contacting the seller or is PM your only recourse?

I am getting NOWHERE with PM. :(

If its fulfilled by Amazon they will do the refund. I'd always go for fulfilled by Amazon as they cover refunds and returns.

Wake me up when it's all over.

If its fulfilled by Amazon they will do the refund. I'd always go for fulfilled by Amazon as they cover refunds and returns.

I must check so.

Pardon my ignorance -how do I know if it's been fulfilled by Amazon? I cannot see that on any of my recent orders some of which must have been (Firestick for example!)...

Monokne wrote: »
    Pardon my ignorance -how do I know if it's been fulfilled by Amazon? I cannot see that on any of my recent orders some of which must have been (Firestick for example!)...

I'm on a computer so it may be different on a phone.

Just look at item listing and it gives that information on the right in the price box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭breeno

Had a slightly creepy moment there - checked the status of a package and a map popped up showing my house and the driver being in my house. The doorbell then rang as I was looking at the map! Some coincidence. First time with a non An Post Amazon delivery and it went well but never had any issues with An Post either in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Bojill

Ordered a dot and some smart devices to go with it. Devices delivered no problem.
    Tracking the dot, ups said delivery refused due to damage, amazon are saying they will refund the dot and I can purchase it again. At normal price.
    Not impressed at all.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    get onto them again and you will get a different agent and if they reply with the same spiel tell them you will return the full order and see how that goes down, they are normally very helpful

Thanks, I've been talking to 3 different agents without success. They have given me a returns label for the other items.
    Apparently its out of stock for the next 2 weeks, I told them I'd wait, but they said no.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lemmno

So one of my parcels was in fact delayed after all. I got the notice today that it may be lost. I didnt want the refund if possible as I really wanted the items at the price that I'd paid for them. Just off a chat from an agent there, he has issued the replacement items today, and has given me complimentary prime for a month for the inconvenience!:) No need to pay extra at all. Maybe it really does depend on the agent?:confused:

lemmno wrote: »
    So one of my parcels was in fact delayed after all. I got the notice today that it may be lost. I didnt want the refund if possible as I really wanted the items at the price that I'd paid for them. Just off a chat from an agent there, he has issued the replacement items today, and has given me complimentary prime for a month for the inconvenience!:) No need to pay extra at all. Maybe it really does depend on the agent?:confused:

All I wanted was a reissue, it's as though the ones they were selling in prime day were end of line or something, the 2nd agent said they would resend when in stock, but then said 'oh you bought on prime day, sorry can't do that, you'll need to reorder'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lemmno

Bojill wrote: »
    All I wanted was a reissue, it's as though the ones they were selling in prime day were end of line or something, the 2nd agent said they would resend when in stock, but then said 'oh you bought on prime day, sorry can't do that, you'll need to reorder'

I'll PM you

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Johnrazz

Johnrazz wrote: »
    I see a few posts complaining about people posting delivery dates etc so apologies for another one here but I’m a newbie to this.

Ordered a fair few items on prime day, most have arrived no problems at all. Just waiting for a pair of kindles which had this weds bas the delievery date since time of purchase, it’s now been changed til ‘expected delivery date Friday 23rd of October’ but there is no trackment shipping on it and it tells me to check ups for this which I have and they say they’ve got a docket and are awaiting the package in Germany, is still standard enough yeah?

Thanks.

So this was supposed to arrive yesterday and didn’t even though Amazon assured me it was in transit (I had no tracking number) UPS said from the get go they didn’t receive it and Amazon insisted from the get go it would be on time.

Rang Amazon today and I’ve been refunded for the 2 kindles and for the £24.99 cases that I bought that I received but now no longer need!!! Was told if the kindles arrive then I can keep them as a good will gesture. Bought a lot of things last week and losing this order is disappointing more than if it had been anything else ordered as they’re not back in stock again until end of November and unless they go down in price again for Black Friday then I won’t be having them for Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Does anyone have a phone number for Amazon UK ? I can't find one anywhere, only could talk to a bot !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

keep talking to the bot and you will get a real person eventually

got them to call me but its kinda difficult to fund the page

breeno wrote: »
    Had a slightly creepy moment there - checked the status of a package and a map popped up showing my house and the driver being in my house. The doorbell then rang as I was looking at the map! Some coincidence. First time with a non An Post Amazon delivery and it went well but never had any issues with An Post either in fairness.

We are living in the Truman show, and you are Truman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭VG31

keep talking to the bot and you will get a real person eventually

Just type "live agent".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Supercell wrote: »
    My experience with very long dates like that is basically it's a no date , aka they don't have an eta so they are covering. On every occasion i've experienced it the order has been delivered before the initial eta. For a Fire HD i'd be totally amazed if they stayed out of stock beyond Christmas.
    I ordered the non plus version for a Christmas present during Prime day for the kiddies and got already for example, am sure many others have ordered the plus for the same reason so I'd be hopeful in your case.

About 2 hours later I got an email.... delivery next week, so you are right thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭ozmo

Anyone considering returning unwanted stuff to Amazon- consider the below vid I came across..

Basically they tracked returns (Canada Amazon) and discovered most of tracked returns was sent directly to landfill- especially clothes and food prep devices even if in good condition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1yqcagavfY

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭yankinlk

ozmo wrote: »
    Anyone considering returning unwanted stuff to Amazon- consider the below vid I came across..

Basically they tracked returns (Canada Amazon) and discovered most of tracked returns was sent directly to landfill- especially clothes and food prep devices even if in good condition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1yqcagavfY

There they go cutting out the middleman again and offering a faster service

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Another prime deal... had 1 cancelled as 'damaged' immediately at shipment... amazon arrange replacement which not sent yet. 2nd one, drove over. Now this one...
    lol
    Undeliverable
    Unfortunately, a problem occurred during shipping and we had to cancel your delivery. The package is being returned, and we will issue a refund within 5 - 7 business days after the return is processed. We’re very sorry for the inconvenience.

Thursday, 22 October
    10:30 PM
    Possible delay in delivery due to arrival at incorrect carrier facility
    Lauwin-Planque, Hauts-de-France FR
    10:19 PM
    10:18 PM
    4:28 PM
    Shipment returned to Amazon.
    Monday, 19 October
    1:29 AM
    Package departed an Amazon facility
    Saint Helens, Merseyside GB
    12:13 AM
    Package arrived at an Amazon facility
    Saint Helens, Merseyside GB
    Sunday, 18 October
    Package has shipped

• Advertisement

Not a Prime deal but just a couple of power leads I wanted ordered during Prime Day. This morning said it was lost now says it might be delivered. Yet also says delivered yet Tracking only shows Your delivery has shipped with no routing information.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement