Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon Prime Day - 13th/14th October 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

All of my stuff came by An Post except one delivery, which was by UPS.
    I presume most of the Amazon own courier deliveries are in the Dublin area ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Had 28 parcels being delivered to Dublin,

19 were with An Post, 4 with UPS , 2 with DPD , 1 with Amazon and the other 2 with Royal Mail.

Now the two with Royal Mail have no tracking and were dispatched last Thursday. Looks like they made a mistake as Royal Mail do not operate here, so unless they forward it onto An Post, they will be either lost in transit or sent back to Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

dan786 wrote: »
    Now the two with Royal Mail have no tracking and were dispatched last Thursday. Looks like they made a mistake as Royal Mail do not operate here, so unless they forward it onto An Post, they will be either lost in transit or sent back to Amazon.

That's what happens when Royal Mail items are sent here, as with any other country's postal service.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

dan786 wrote: »
    Had 28 parcels being delivered to Dublin,

19 were with An Post, 4 with UPS , 2 with DPD , 1 with Amazon and the other 2 with Royal Mail.

Royal Mail work with the dreaded F word.....

whiterebel wrote: »
    Royal Mail work with the dreaded F word.....

Is that not Parcelforce? Anything I've bought from the UK that was sent with Royal Mail has always been An Post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

Parcel Wizard lost my package in their NI depot (2nd time in 6 months). They require the name of the person who signed and accepted the parcel in order to activate the claim to their insurance company. Amazon doesnt provide you with the name of the person who signs, just the time it was delivered.
    Have already been here once so had little hope but contacted Amazon CS saying that I needed more information on the parcel delivery and she reimbursed me right away saying that they've been having issues with parcel delivery from Prime Day.
    The only problem is that the product is no longer discounted so if I want another one I'll have to pay full price

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

VG31 wrote: »
    Is that not Parcelforce? Anything I've bought from the UK that was sent with Royal Mail has always been An Post.

Oops, correct.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

Question about returns for Prime orders

Joined Amazon Prime, ordered two pairs of trousers but size is wrong. Setting up return now, but even though on the original order it says
    You can return this item for free until 31st January 2021, with no return shipping costs. The item must be returned in new and unused condition.
    But the Refund Summary deducts the return shipping:
    Refund summary
    Refund subtotal for 2 items £61.42
    Postage ( AnPost) -£9.00
    Total expected refund £52.42
    £52.42 will be added to your gift card balance

Am I doing something wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

leck wrote: »

Joined Amazon Prime, ordered two pairs of trousers but size is wrong. Setting up return now, but even though on the original order it says

Say they are damaged or not as described , Then you will get free returns.

TimHorton wrote: »
    Say they are damaged or not as described , Then you will get free returns.
    It looks like it's already generated the return label. Don't think I can go back and edit reason for return.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

It looks like it's already generated the return label. Don't think I can go back and edit reason for return.

Do a chat with support they will probably refund the postage.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,423 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Rescheduled a delivery (was with DPD) for today instead of yesterday on Saturday. They tried delivering yesterday anyway (I wasn't there).

Can't get through to DPD or the local depot. Over 26 phone calls / on hold for over 4 hours. Guess that package is never going to arrive :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

cancel the return and start again

Free returns on clothes is actually only for customers in the UK if you read the T&Cs, but any time I have contacted them via the chat they've generated a return label for me.

VG31 wrote: »
    Free returns on clothes is actually only for customers in the UK if you read the T&Cs, but any time I have contacted them via the chat they've generated a return label for me.
    The preprinted label is for an address in Portlaoise.

Contacted them by chat and said I would get full refund, no deduction for postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

My first prime day deal arrived. Delivered by DPD. Has been driven over, big tyre mark on the envelope. Contents destroyed. Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

That's gone well so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

yoshimitsu wrote: »
    Parcel Wizard lost my package in their NI depot (2nd time in 6 months). They require the name of the person who signed and accepted the parcel in order to activate the claim to their insurance company. Amazon doesnt provide you with the name of the person who signs, just the time it was delivered.
    Have already been here once so had little hope but contacted Amazon CS saying that I needed more information on the parcel delivery and she reimbursed me right away saying that they've been having issues with parcel delivery from Prime Day.
    The only problem is that the product is no longer discounted so if I want another one I'll have to pay full price

Parcelwizard lost 2 of mine also. Ridiculous that they are still in business. Never again. Amazon won't play ball so I'm out the cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

spix wrote: »
    My first prime day deal arrived. Delivered by DPD. Has been driven over, big tyre mark on the envelope. Contents destroyed. Nice.

Wow. That’s a bit much!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭yankinlk

I bought the Fire HD 8+ tablet on Prime Day. It showed a delivery date of October 22nd (today). Now it shows a range up to January 4th!

The estimate date is jan 4... am I wasting my time or does this date normally reduce?

Any recommendations for an alternate, i still have option to cancel....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Q&A

Last of my orders arrived yesterday. Unfortunately the external hard drive I ordered seems to have had a life changing moment while in transit. It's transformed itself into a dot echo wallmount! Definitely not as described. Not too mention the fact we're a Google home household

Contacted customer care late last night, they're to phone me today. Unfortunately their system is still showing as out for delivery. I feel a headache coming on.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭audi02

Q&A wrote: »
    Last of my orders arrived yesterday. Unfortunately the external hard drive I ordered seems to have had a life changing moment while in transit. It's transformed itself into a dot echo wallmount! Definitely not as described. Not too mention the fact we're a Google home household

Contacted customer care late last night, they're to phone me today. Unfortunately their system is still showing as out for delivery. I feel a headache coming on.

Amazon customer care are fantastic you'll be looked after I'm sure

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭audi02

yankinlk wrote: »
    I bought the Fire HD 8+ tablet on Prime Day. It showed a delivery date of October 22nd (today). Now it shows a range up to January 4th!

The estimate date is jan 4... am I wasting my time or does this date normally reduce?

My date for an echo show was November, its now arriving today. I wouldn't give up hope yet. If you need it in time for Christmas ya have plenty of time yet to order something else. And yall have the option to cancel up until dispatch

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

yankinlk wrote: »

My experience with very long dates like that is basically it's a no date , aka they don't have an eta so they are covering. On every occasion i've experienced it the order has been delivered before the initial eta. For a Fire HD i'd be totally amazed if they stayed out of stock beyond Christmas.
    I ordered the non plus version for a Christmas present during Prime day for the kiddies and got already for example, am sure many others have ordered the plus for the same reason so I'd be hopeful in your case.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭embraer170

I ordered a large pressure washer on prime day. It shipped on the 16th, due for delivery on the 19th. It was on track but now has been sitting around in Park West since Monday.

I was hoping to use it to clean my parents drive before I leave this Saturday. Unfortunately my parents are too frail to even handle the box.

Can they just refuse the delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

embraer170 wrote: »
    I ordered a large pressure washer on prime day. It shipped on the 16th, due for delivery on the 19th. It was on track but now has been sitting around in Park West since Monday.

I was hoping to use it to clean my parents drive before I leave this Saturday. Unfortunately my parents are too frail to even handle the box.

The problem is that they have to speak to the delivery guy and there is a chance he'll just drop the package ring the bell and drive off.

You can refuse the delivery but I'd put a notice for the driver to read pinned to the gate and front door saying you are refusing the delivery.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭embraer170

The problem is that they have to speak to the delivery guy and there is a chance he'll just drop the package ring the bell and drive off.

You can refuse the delivery but I'd put a notice for the driver to read pinned to the gate and front door saying you are refusing the delivery.

Thanks.

embraer170 wrote: »

Use the link in the An Post text to change the delivery address to the Amazon returns address. I did that before.

Amazon Returns
    Portlaoise Mail Centre
    R32 AP22

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭glen123

My Amazon package left UK on the 14th and now shows this on Amazon site:

Your package may be lost
    We're very sorry your delivery is so late. Although it may still arrive, you can request a refund now.

Is there any point in waiting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

glen123 wrote: »
    My Amazon package left UK on the 14th and now shows this on Amazon site:

Your package may be lost
    We're very sorry your delivery is so late. Although it may still arrive, you can request a refund now.

Is there any point in waiting?

Just get the refund. If it does still turn up you've a win-win scenario. We had a Minecraft game go missing with DPD and it ended up getting delivered about 4 months later. Not much good for Christmas but yayyy, free game!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement