Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cutter Plotter Advise ..... looking to buy

• 16-04-2017 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

looking at buying a cutter plotter as ive a few vehicles & it might work out handier to purchase & ill have it then when needed..!

any irish suppliers that can set me up ?

just looking for something to start with but want full package & obviously a few rolls of vinyl & a user friendly programme ...

ive come across them on ebay but would rather deal local if at all possible !

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mishal54

andy t wrote: »
    looking at buying a cutter plotter as ive a few vehicles & it might work out handier to purchase & ill have it then when needed..!

any irish suppliers that can set me up ?

just looking for something to start with but want full package & obviously a few rolls of & a user friendly programme ...

ive come across them on ebay but would rather deal local if at all possible !

Thanks

But I don't have any first-hand experience with Summasign plotters for total disclosure, though I've collaborated with a few other brands ...

To me, it seems like a smart investment if you've got space for it. This appears to be a reasonably large machine on a cursory google search, as it takes up to 63 "broad media ...

Only when cutting a printed graphic contour can the bad sensor really come into play, but it should not affect the plotting of plain cad-cut vinyl for decals or clothing transfers.

If you do get it, I would highly recommend replacing the cutting strip which appears to be about $25 though various retailers. The cutting strip is a consumable and as it wears can cause significant issues with making consistent cuts (and cause numerous headaches while trying to figure out what’s going on).

Advertisement